inTank Media Baskets

マングローブラグーン

Giga

sorry to hear about the naso. :(

but the scape looks awesome. I think you might need more cardinals :)

Thanks-and as soon as I can find some more blue eyes ima scoop them up

New fts

leaves002.jpg

This guy lost a tiny bit of color but seems to be growing already

leaves005.jpg

The reds seem to be growing about a cm a day

leaves006.jpg

Came home to this today-the first leaves on the black mangroves omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

leaves0032956286.jpg

This finally showed up too after like 3 weeks

leaves013.jpg

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you put your mud in yet? I added 24oz to the sand I've been curing in 5 gallon buckets (the water has been muddy ever since). However, I figure it will be fine once I cover it with some clean sand. We'll see.

For the mangrove tank. Sorry if you mentioned it earlier, I can't seem to work the search function correctly.

was goona use 2x24w t5 unit but now I'm gonna use a led spotlight since all thats going in the tank is macros

Have you put your mud in yet? I added 24oz to the sand I've been curing in 5 gallon buckets (the water has been muddy ever since). However, I figure it will be fine once I cover it with some clean sand. We'll see.

no not goona put the mud in till the black spout their first leaves. I don't want to transplant them yet and stress them while there just starting out. I've done that in the past and kill a few saplings when my main hobby was bonsai's

This might be a dumb question or I missed it but what the purpose of a dual bottom? Isn't the same as going with a thicker base instead?

If you can see in the picture the black represents the silicone and blue is the glass. With a dual bottom two panes of glass are connected to the bottom thus forming a twice as strong bond. It's a little over kill but I don't like to leave things to chance

floatingplane.png

If you can see in the picture the black represents the silicone and blue is the glass. With a dual bottom two panes of glass are connected to the bottom thus forming a twice as strong bond. It's a little over kill but I don't like to leave things to chance

Oh I see. Very nice! Thanks

Looks sweet! Which spotlights you using? I have the par38 12k with 60 degree optics on my macro tank. Let me know if you want to check em out.

I would love to check it out!

Sorry to hear about your loss. Have you considered a DIY mesh cover to prevent carpet surfing? You can get the mesh here http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/review...56/category/49/

On an unrelated note, I'm not too sure about this but I think you don't need to say 今日 in "私の火の魚が今日死亡した" as you had already stated in the previous sentence that it had happened today. It's been a few years since I've been able to use my Japanese, though, so I may be wrong.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Have you considered a DIY mesh cover to prevent carpet surfing? You can get the mesh here http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/review...56/category/49/

On an unrelated note, I'm not too sure about this but I think you don't need to say 今日 in "私の火の魚が今日死亡した" as you had already stated in the previous sentence that it had happened today. It's been a few years since I've been able to use my Japanese, though, so I may be wrong.

Yeah i'm pretty new to Japanese so you may be right. I can't have a mesh top because 1) I don't like the look of the mesh on a rimless 2) have my rock-scape tree's are outside of the tank. Thanks for the idea though :happy: I guess I just chance it with these fish. So far though The blue eyes just kinda mops about-really cool fish. I'm goona be on edge when I get my leopard wrasse

I think it took several weeks for the mud to really settle and stick to the aragonite in my tank. Before that if I just touched the sandbed the tank would get cloudy.

Great idea for a tank!

Have you considered fabricating artificial mangrove roots from PVC pipe? If you need some thick and sturdy roots until your mangroves grow in, they are pretty much indistinguishable from the real thing if you are willing to be a bit of an artist.

Make a little hole in the mesh top where the rock is coming out. A cover is critically important.

that's what i was thinking...just cover around them, or maybe make it like a picture frame, to protect at least 6 or 8 inches around the edges.

I remember reading some thread (I think it was a poll about whether people have covers or not) and someone mentioned they had a rimless acrylic tank, but they had a cover just a few inches around the edges. Seems like an interesting idea, not too sure how it would look in person though.

I've been planning a tank (admittedly inspired by your idea, I should add) but I decided to keep the mangroves in an uncovered fuge immediately to the side of the DT specifically so I can keep a cover on the DT to avoid jumpers. It'll be ugly, but I plan to only keep it on the tank when I'm away at work or class. That way I can be there to rescue any carpet surfers when the cover is off (and while the tank is pretty) but won't have to worry about it while I'm away (nor will I have to worry about looks, since I won't be there to stare at the ugly screen!) What I believe you're aiming at in your tank is to have the left side be completely covered in mangroves, so when they mature their branches/trunks would form a natural screen, right? So you could just have a removable/temporary screen on the other half of the tank.

Archived