Cultivated Reef

マングローブラグーン

Giga

I am really loving the setup. Every time I read one of these shallow tank threads I feel like I made a poor tank choice :P

um you did?

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your mangroves will look very nice in no time!

Here are mine after about a year.

6ad96ed3.jpg

Yeah I've had mangroves in the past and I love the root structures. I've never had black mangroves before so this should be interesting to see how they do

Captain Billy

I live where black, white, and red mangroves grow wild. The blacks and the whites are far less impressive than the reds and prefer a more terrestrial existance than the reds, which will venture right to the edge of deep water and even hang off.

I live where black, white, and red mangroves grow wild. The blacks and the whites are far less impressive than the reds and prefer a more terrestrial existance than the reds, which will venture right to the edge of deep water and even hang off.

In the wild red are more interesting,but in aquarium use red are very branchy and do not really look like a tree. Black grow pretty compact and with my bonsai skills I hoping to make it look like a small canopy . I guess they all have their own beauty.

Bonsai mangroves!!! Awesome best of luck and if you want white magrove pods they are everywhere!!!

would you mind sending me some? I have been looking for a really really long time

In the wild red are more interesting, but in aquarium use red are very branchy and do not really look like trees. Black grow pretty compact and with my bonsai skills I am hoping to make it look like a small canopy . I guess they all have their own beauty.

GOSH.

ps your tank is just.... orgasmic.

I use to have a normal tank-but I must tell you shallow tanks are freakin sweet

Yeah the exact opposite of my 20 High. It's a pain working on this tank. I'm going to go 8 or 9 inches next time.

well I did what I said I was goona wait and do BUT It was to much of a good deal to pass up.

I got a mini colony acro for 40$-I'm not sure what it is but I like it

coral002.jpg

10 mins in the tank

coral009.jpg

I got another fish(was a rescue) and I'm sure i'ma get a ticket for this one)about 2" long and imposable to shoot-Naso vlamingii

coral004.jpg

coral005.jpg

coral008.jpg

cool! we've got some colonies like that floating around our local reef forum, if i had better lighting i'd be all over them too :P

is the naso going to get any darker/vibrant?

cool! we've got some colonies like that floating around our local reef forum, if i had better lighting i'd be all over them too :P

is the naso going to get any darker/vibrant?

Actually if he gets spooked he turns a very dark brown. The common name for the naso I got is bignose unicorn. and he get like this when older. Of course at 24" full grown he will be WAY to big for my tank. I'll fatten him up and let him grow some then I will most likly trade him for another fish to a local reefer

a2560lg5573622.jpg

sorry to hear about the naso. :(

but the scape looks awesome. I think you might need more cardinals :)

wish I could say that I had some progress on my tank... I put some macro algae in it... that's about it. I'm debating on putting guppies or mollies in it just so my clown can have a continuous source of food and cause my clown doesn't really do much. or I might get a second clown which will force me to change the scape so I can pair them.

Archived