Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

マングローブラグーン

Giga

That's cool...Plan for any other fish?

would like to get a couple more blue eyes then a blue star leopard wrasse.

As My tank evolves I plan to add this

75801.jpg

and this

roppongihills4.jpg

and this

bluestagredtable.jpg

And I should get something AWSOME

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's coming along nicely

Wish I could say the same for mine, but I'm going to take it apart and start again for a local nano tank contest. Hopefully round 2 will turn out better.

WOW Those roots are growing so fast! What's your secret? :P

MH lights, overfeeding, under skimming everything ur not supposed to do :happy:. I keep my nutrients kinda high that way the mangrove can feed.

animalmaster6

When do you think the roots will start to tangle up and grow around the acrylic rods? A year?

Loving the tank man. That picture with the damsels in the slimer is awesome. :happy:

Hmmm, there are some plants that live near coasts that might be appropriate for it if they are completely out of the water. He might pull it off if they can root in a small crevice in the wood or something. I'm thinking creeping stuff that is not tolerant of being submerged in saltwater but can tolerate salty air could work, like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ipomoea_pes-caprae

But I've never actually tried it so dunno. Would love to see if it's possible!

Hmmm, there are some plants that live near coasts that might be appropriate for it if they are completely out of the water. He might pull it off if they can root in a small crevice in the wood or something. I'm thinking creeping stuff that is not tolerant of being submerged in saltwater but can tolerate salty air could work, like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ipomoea_pes-caprae

But I've never actually tried it so dunno. Would love to see if it's possible!

I'm actually not going to add any other plants-I was just using those pictures as a design reference. I might be moving in the next 6 months and when I have to move the tank to my new place I plan on have a more zen design. Something I can really be proud of!

I like your prisoner damsels.

Always has been one of my favorite fish. After my upgrade I'd love to make my current tank SPS only with 5-7 little stripes. Awesome idea though. Are the aggressive towards one another?

I like your prisoner damsels.

Always has been one of my favorite fish. After my upgrade I'd love to make my current tank SPS only with 5-7 little stripes. Awesome idea though. Are the aggressive towards one another?

if you have two they will most likely kill each other but it group larger then 5(at least my experience) they tend to school and form a group, they randomly chase one another but it's a non-aggressive thing. I think there just forming an order, whos top fish. Very very cool if you ask me-it also may be the fact that they have a common home(sps stag)

couple cool vids-some odd reason the first vid is sideways :huh:

host the sps

first time in alike a month I've seen this guy-thought he was dead, and he got big

• 2 weeks later...

nothing new just a couple growth of the black mangroves

blackmangroves001.jpg

This guys is still growing faster then the rest with it's second set of leaves

blackmangroves002.jpg

yeah that way you kinda can't see them :huh: but once the roots are crazy enough I don't think I'll need the rods

I know it is an old conversation, but where did you get those rods?

I know it is an old conversation, but where did you get those rods?

There is actually a local acrylic shop here that sell everything from 1/8" to bullet proof acrylic and everything inbetween. Got a 6 foot 1/4" rod for 6$

captainbastard

Im just throwing this out there, and it may be a little complex to pull off, but if you want to eventually have plants on top you could rig some type of RO drip system that could act as a watering system and a top off. Tank is looking awesome btw

There is actually a local acrylic shop here that sell everything from 1/8" to bullet proof acrylic and everything inbetween. Got a 6 foot 1/4" rod for 6$

Damn, I get it's styrofoam for me, unless Home Depot or a craft store has something...

Read below this tank is getting broken down!

Im just throwing this out there, and it may be a little complex to pull off, but if you want to eventually have plants on top you could rig some type of RO drip system that could act as a watering system and a top off. Tank is looking awesome btw

LOL funny you should mention that, because I'm actually gonna set up a new system with this in mind. I'm actually breaking down this system and gonna sell the tank and set up a 3 tank ecosystem with each tank like 7 gallons. The reason I'm doing this is because I'm getting deployed in a couple months and I don't want to shove the tank onto my wife. With a couple very small tanks And set up a 20 gallon ato it will be ez'er for her to take care for it. With that In mind I just ordered a 30-C, 60-F, and the third tank is a 18x18x9 built by me. Not sure if i'm gonna keep them on a single sump or make each tank separate. Also I'm keeping all the mangroves so don't worry about that.

Here's the new tank design- This won't be set up untill I get back from deployment( few months), but I'm gonna buy everything now

tankdesign.jpg

Archived