Cultivated Reef

マングローブラグーン

Giga

Yeah I used seachem peal beach sand because it was free I need to buy a piece of live rock first. So ima get the rock to seed my tank and pick up a aqua clear and put carbon and floss in there

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thanks, but what does ftw mean?

for the win

OR

f%$# the world.

I'd say the former in that context...but you never know. Some people are crazy :)

MORE PICTURES!

for the win

OR

f%$# the world.

I'd say the former in that context...but you never know. Some people are crazy :)

MORE PICTURES!

i'll post more tonight If I can find the battery to my camera

So on with the pics/update!

I finally made it to the LFS and pick up a piece of LR-it's got allllll kinds of stuff on-in it

The live rock-has quite a few aptasia but i'll just kill them off with a few pep shrimp-not really worried about it

dsc01738b.jpg

the hitch-hickers

dsc01724i.jpg

dsc01725p.jpg

dsc01726r.jpg

dsc01739d.jpg

Also picked up a ac 20 and stuffed it with filter floss and carbon-it's clearing the tank fast-also got a free little mister bottle to mist the mangroves

dsc01737b.jpg

My little mister at work

dsc01741tr.jpg

Right island shot-as you can see the water still is a little hazy

dsc01733y.jpg

Left island shot

dsc017340888402.jpg

"The Gap"

dsc01736l.jpg

birds eye view pics

dsc01745t.jpg

dsc01743n.jpg

dsc01747a.jpg

and I leave you with a fts

dsc01727.jpg

This tank makes me wish I had a fishroom and unlimited muniez.

to tell you the truth my reef fund is very limited-I need to get mud for the mangrove but I'm out of $$. It's mostly why I built everything to save $$, and to get it the way I want

Looking awesome!

every time you update all i can think is this tank is gonna be amazing!!

Awesome. smile.gif

That is really cool! Keep up the great work!! Mo pics!

Thank you and I'll get more pics as things evolve. I plan on adding my first fish in a week or so

i love this! i'm sorry if you said this elsewhere, i've been studying for the last few hours and may have missed it, but what are your stocking plans?

As I been thinking of my tank I've decided that I'm going to more make it a creature feature tank. Meaning that it will have alot of inverts. so for my stock list

Fish

6-8x blue eyed cardinal

1x blue star leopard wrasse

1x fathead anthias (maybe)

inverts

12x grass shrimp

1x porcelain crab

1x sea cucumber

1x harlequin crab

1x peppermint shrimp/skunk shrimp

2x red fiddler crabs

1x Peterson shrimp

3x sexy shrimp (maybe)

1x emerald crab (maybe)

assortment of snails around 10ish

def gonna add the cardinals but still unsure on any of the other fish at this point

def gonna add the cardinals but still unsure on any of the other fish at this point

I'd definitely change the emerald crab's maybe to a confirmed yes. I've always had them and they've got about as much personality and you could want in a crab. I haven't ever seen them eat coraline but some people claim they do.

The cardinals will be sick. This tank IS sick. Can't wait for this this to start filling in!

so I have a little bit of a disappointment. I tested the tide system and came up with and just about flooded my living room omgomgomg. My design is perfect but my little 10 gallon sump can't handle the back flow and it overflows every time-soooooooooo I'm not goona tear it down to change the sump so no tides :rant:

so I have a little bit of a disappointment. I tested the tide system and came up with and just about flooded my living room omgomgomg. My design is perfect but my little 10 gallon sump can't handle the back flow and it overflows every time-soooooooooo I'm not goona tear it down to change the sump so no tides :rant:

Man that sucks.. well it will still be an awesome tank regardless of the tides..

Man that sucks.. well it will still be an awesome tank regardless of the tides..

definitely. you'd have to work pretty hard at this point to make this tank not-awesome :P

Aww Crap :(

I was really looking forward to those tides :mellow:

u and me both but on a second note I'll be building my mantis tank here soon so thats kinda cool.

Archived