Cultivated Reef

マングローブラグーン

Giga

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GIGA you returned to the right PLACE I don't how someone would even think of RC as a nice forum to belong to (NO offence). I've search other forums and so Far NR is the ONE>

Tagging along waiting for the outcome

:scarry::scarry::scarry::scarry::scarry::scarry::scarry:

Whats up Giga, I just moved from Virginia Beach. Too bad , would be awesome to see this in person. I was just telling my wife I don't think anyone has ever used driftwood in a tank before and I wanted to try it, but looks like you beat me to it!

Whats up Giga, I just moved from Virginia Beach. Too bad , would be awesome to see this in person. I was just telling my wife I don't think anyone has ever used driftwood in a tank before and I wanted to try it, but looks like you beat me to it!

Yeah it be cool to share thanks for the compliment

So this is where I'm at right now:cycling- I lost my charger for my good camera so I had to use a point and shoot :huh:

Water is still a bit murky as I didn't wash the sand :happy:

blackgroves003.jpg

herbie overflow hard at work-not all the way done yet-need the acrylic overflow snapped on

blackgroves006.jpg

very basic sump-one set of baffles as there are no bubbles from the overflow and it DEAD silent :o ----- :happy:

blackgroves009.jpg

blackgroves010.jpg

Got a reflector from a sunpod to make my light for the coral island

blackgroves011.jpg

And last but not least black mangrove seeds-took me a long time to get these. Right now there just growing in a pot with sand till I get my mud. But these guy are fast growers as this is only after 6 hours they are already sprouting! I've done a ton of research on these guy and there pretty harder and can stand gravity of .25 and up to .60, and like to stay in temp around 70-80 degree's but can handle a little more/less. THese pics are under my 20k light- I won't be using the 6500k till I get the mud

blackgroves002.jpg

blackgroves001.jpg

Looking good so far! What brand of sand did you use? I notice the carib sea stuff can cloud up the water really good but the tropic eden stuff doesn't even need rinsing its just clean. You could just throw an HOB Aquaclear or something on there with a bunch of filter floss on it for a few days. Maybe some carbon too.

Archived