ReefCleaners.org

マングローブラグーン

Giga

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

also on a side not I'll be adding a 20x10x10 " mantis tank to the side of this tank once this tank is finished-I mantis shrimp are the reason I got into this hobby back in 07

This was my first tank back in 07 and if you look at the bottom cave you can see the mantis

dscf1381qp8gt8.jpg

and before that this is what I was into

dscf1142cn2.jpg

yeah and I think will have some sea grass and non invasive macro and be on a opposite light schedule-so I guess it will be a display fuge

Sounds like this will be pretty awesome.

You're certainly getting the hype up, so you better be able to deliver! Hahaha...

j/k I'm sure you'll pull off the execution just fine. I was just referring to the "greatest movie ever" phenomenon. Ya know, where you tell someone "movie x is the best movie ever" and then when they go see it they have all these high expectations and they end up not liking it... So do you have any preliminary ideas on how to pull it off?

Good link:

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/tank-t...ope-system.html

Time for an update-I know I said monday but I got busy and my comp was being retarded-anywho on with the pics,by the way my camera is kinda old so the pics arn't so good

this is a fts

halfway012.jpg

for the mangrove island I want to make a bowl-ish shape to be filled with fiji mud for the black mangroves. For this I used acrylic rods and 4 epoxy sticks.I used a large boulder for the bottom and then just mounted each piece to form a bowl.

starting

halfway.jpg

acrylic rod-drilling rock is not that fun :huh:

halfway1.jpg

semi finished, need to cover the acrylic rods and cover the white epoxy-the mangrove rock can hold around 2.5 lbs of mud(i need to take a pic of the inside)

halfway010.jpg

halfway011.jpg

halfway008.jpg

side shot here you can see the overflow that will be a herbie inside. I still have to modify it to accommodate the tides

halfway009.jpg

Here's the little right coral island-only gonna due a few sps now and have a mix of coral and macro to make it more natural

halfway005.jpg

halfway007.jpg

finally got the vid to upload-don't mind the clicking as that my crappy camera autofocus

file30036.mp4.frm.jpg

I really like this idea and am tagging along to see how you develop your idea.

Thanks and I have idea in my head but it's cool to see it come to life

Looks nice!!!

I fixed your spelling :happy:

Always nice to see someone take the less treaded path. Really looking forward on seeing this at full glory.

yeah for this tank I wanted somethign differnt both in size and creature wise-my past two tank were very typical tanks

my last tank

th_Reefvid.jpg

As I been thinking of my tank I've decided that I'm going to more make it a creature feature tank. Meaning that it will have alot of inverts. so for my stock list

Fish

8x blue eyed cardinal

1x blue star leopard wrasse

1x fathead anthias (maybe)

inverts

12x grass shrimp

1x porcelain crab

1x sea cucumber

1x harlequin crab

1x peppermint shrimp/skunk shrimp

2x red fiddler crabs

1x Peterson shrimp

3x sexy shrimp (maybe)

1x emerald crab (maybe)

assortment of snails around 10ish

If all goes well I should have this thing wet in 10-14 days. Also next week i'll be ordering my black and red mangroves as well as my mud for the black mangroves

Man this tank is going to be absolutely amazing. Your stock list sounds just plain awesome!!

How many gallons again?

about 35 gallons and also got a new camera today so i'll take some better pics tonight and post them

Archived