Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

マングローブラグーン

Giga

Great concept! I really like how this is looking. Great looking dog to!

Tagging along for fun.

Yeah me and my wife take him everywhere. It's me and my wife first dog too :lol:

Our first snow day in Virginia beach

snowday019.jpg

Nothing like a beach day

beachbums002.jpg

Makin friends

pharaohbindy019.jpg

After all that a nice nappy

picture315w.jpg

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you are coming along great, and I love what you are trying to get your tank to look like. I love it, great job

Gotta love the dogs and I don't miss the snow

What no ones likes dogs :unsure:

actually....they scare me for the most part :mellow: [been raised with cats, fish, bunnies, etc :P;) ]

but pictures are good, lol :happy:

the scape looks great :D

actually....they scare me for the most part :mellow: [been raised with cats, fish, bunnies, etc :P;) ]

but pictures are good, lol :happy:

the scape looks great :D

Lol there are a surpriseing amount of people that ate scared of dogs every time me or my wife takes him out I either get one of these two responses " wheres the saddle for him" or they literally jump or start running out of the way. He seems normal to me but I guess u don't see giant dog every day

Makin friends

pharaohbindy019.jpg

Ha ha, I love that picture and caption. Awesome dog. And a bang up job on the aquascape. I've never seen driftwood in a marine tank before so its a brand new concept to me. Looks like it's going to be awesome.

You know what, i haven't recall seeing any driftwood in any marine tank be either.

awesome change of from what you see everyday, i like

You know what, i haven't recall seeing any driftwood in any marine tank be either.

awesome change of from what you see everyday, i like

Yeah kinda went all out and tried to come up with something that's very unique and something I'd be proud of. Plus living in a apartment now and not a house I don't have a place or bonsai's so this kind fill that craving as well. ALSO I HAVE BLACK MANGROVES ON THE WAY!!

One of the reasons I love NR more then RC:

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1908175

hey, so probably not worth any input at all... but I have a couple ideas....

1. when I was taking some driftwood out of my FW tank, some of them started breaking down in my hands and felt really grainy, almost mud like... might not work though, but essentially it is what dirt/mud is made of...

2. use a product that is "made" for FW plants in the SW tank (I went on to the seachem site to check if their fluorite products would be ok in SW and they are)... the clay based ones eventually degrade over time and make a "mud" and then you can mix in clay additives like calcium bentonite or something to make the clay meet your standards.

or combine 1 and 2?

I came up with them when I started turning my FW planted tank into a SW something... terrarium... I'm attempting to do what you are doing except on a smaller scale... I should probably wait until you're finished so you can be the guinea pig, but I jumped the gun and already put water in the tank and am trying to scape it with rock and driftwood and not damaging the 2 mangroves I have. :s

hey, so probably not worth any input at all... but I have a couple ideas....

1. when I was taking some driftwood out of my FW tank, some of them started breaking down in my hands and felt really grainy, almost mud like... might not work though, but essentially it is what dirt/mud is made of...

2. use a product that is "made" for FW plants in the SW tank (I went on to the seachem site to check if their fluorite products would be ok in SW and they are)... the clay based ones eventually degrade over time and make a "mud" and then you can mix in clay additives like calcium bentonite or something to make the clay meet your standards.

or combine 1 and 2?

I came up with them when I started turning my FW planted tank into a SW something... terrarium... I'm attempting to do what you are doing except on a smaller scale... I should probably wait until you're finished so you can be the guinea pig, but I jumped the gun and already put water in the tank and am trying to scape it with rock and driftwood and not damaging the 2 mangroves I have. :s

Those are pretty good ideas-I might look into that, the only thing is I need a mud right away because The fiddlers crabs need mud to make there holes/homes. Got a link to ur tank?

Those are pretty good ideas-I might look into that, the only thing is I need a mud right away because The fiddlers crabs need mud to make there holes/homes. Got a link to ur tank?

no, no link yet... still figuring out the scape, but I'll hopefully have time to finish it in a few days.

Your tank is coming along real nice. I'm using driftwood as well in my tank. Mine is cycling right now. I'll be following along with yours. Your inspiration is the same as mine. I got the rock moss ordered for the mini island.

Now you need to fill yours, I want to see how it comes out... Lol keep up the good work.

also my first dog, and we also take it everywhere...

mochiyyo.jpg

mochilambida.jpg

That's a cute dog. I got a jack russel terrier mix.^^

I also used some Fiji Mud in my display and sump. I was planning on growing mangroves but decided to try seagrass again once I downgrade. Good stuff. Keep up the good work.

- B

Archived