SaltCritters.com

Jing's 3g LED Pico

PirateJing

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy birthday!! :D

Oooh stylos are awesome, although I've heard that the rainbow stylo tends to lose most of its "rainbowness" color :/

mm its ok . Im keeping a close eye on the stylos when Im working at my LFS =D so i can move them and take care of them to make sure. Its so fun working at and LFS. Specially when the SPS frags are for $15 and 15% off for me x3

Mr. Microscope
update-Im selling my metal halide and getting LED's with 5 royal blues so this is going to sweet!

Cool. What are your plans? Have you checked out the LED Aesthetics thread in the lighting forum? It's pretty long, but really interesting. Things are developing with LEDs.

my plans are for the LEDs I'll mount them about 7 inches above my tank and Im just going to go all Royal Blue. I like the blue effect but thats just me. I have read the thread and its interesting. But I cant complain since I will be getting the LEDs for $65 + shipping. Not bad huh? I know things are developing with LEDs but I cant wait anymore.I dont want to spend anymore money on MH bulbs D:

mm its ok . Im keeping a close eye on the stylos when Im working at my LFS =D so i can move them and take care of them to make sure. Its so fun working at and LFS. Specially when the SPS frags are for $15 and 15% off for me x3

Hahaha I love working at my LFS too! :D

update-Im selling my metal halide and getting LED's with 5 royal blues so this is going to sweet!

:o DIY?

it has to be a DIY yoshi :P

just royal blues is not a good idea. you need white light as well. or you can try it and prove me wrong lol

no i am not. I simply heard that white light is necessary to coral, but i have no reputable sources, so i would like to see if this is true :)

Which is why i am interested in seeing this done with only royal blues.

wow, i highly doubt you need any more actinic than royal blues. any more would either not show up at all because the RB beats it or it will interfere and wash out the coral's neon colors and make them all blue instead of the original colors they had. in otherwords i dont think you need to go more actinic than RB LEDs lol. have you ever seen those things in real life?

Archived