Top Shelf Aquatics

Jing's 3g LED Pico

PirateJing

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just added a lot of polyps and will be waiting til mid-December before adding a porcelain, and probably another month or so before the final addition, a yellow clown goby.

Taking it slow is boring, but it never hurts.

Yoshii-the clam is about 2.5 inches. It actually is a filter feeder that does ammonia and nitrites some good. And Alright I will wait a bit I suppose .

remember all animals still produce metabolic waste. this includes the clam and all your corals. it may not raise your nitrates or something else that you test for, but waste is waste, and its still possible to overload a tank too quickly even if the water "seems" to be fine. then people start experiencing those mystery deaths where everything was ideal and the animals still died. I bet my random ailing and death of my Ricordea in my pico and the GSP incident is attributed to the fact that i never wait long enough to make changes lol.

what's getting bleached in the center top there? lol it looks like it getting fried (im sure its just the photo)

you know what would contrast all that coral matter? some nice green or red macro algae, especially if you can grow it up to the surface. adds some vertical appeal :) Just a suggestion.

Its the superman montipora,newman. Its the just the photo, For some reason I cant get a pic of it without the huge glare. The polyps are out and orange as ever haha . And I have a disdain for macro algae D: sorry, Any other suggestion?

Yoshii-Actually its clams that are 2'' and smaller that only get nutrients from filter feeding. But I do feed it phyto once a week. I take it out and put it in a small container and drop some in the water and it goes nuts.

there was an article mentioned here that stated that small clams will do ok without major phyto addition, and also something about phyto not being worth it for a tank. I'll try to find it. as crazy as it sounds it made some points that are notable.

i week is better than 1 day but if it were me, I'd do like two months in between adding major amounts of corals like that. maybe a month between 2-3 frag additions(referring to the quantity of frags added.)

mm, pictures of my new additions! I think Im getting full. maybe...haha

new zoas.

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

my new neon orange plate coral.

IMG_0333.jpg

new rainbow stylo and green monti digitata

IMG_0332.jpg

and thanksgiving FTS

IMG_0338.jpg

Archived