• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The anemone has decided stayed put:

031611a.jpg

That's typical of Rock Flower Anemones.

Lots of 'little' things going on:

031611b.jpg

1) I see a bunch of these little snails on the glass (not sure what type they are).

2) The seagrass has spread to the edge of the tank (we should be able to see the roots soon).

3) There are tons of these in the sand and on the rocks, whatever they are. Hydroids or feather dusters?

4) All sorts of various pods

Looking great Seabass

I have some of those little snails like your showing in #1 in my fuge. I am thinking mine are baby nerite snails.

Looking great Seabass

I have some of those little snails like your showing in #1 in my fuge. I am thinking mine are baby nerite snails.

Thanks GG! My guess was stometella snails. Saw them getting dirty a few days ago.

Hey first of all great tank, second, I've been out of the hobby a few years, and will be for a few more before i get a more predictable schedule, but anyways, I was wondering what is it about sea grass that fascinates and interests you/others?

Hey first of all great tank, second, I've been out of the hobby a few years, and will be for a few more before i get a more predictable schedule, but anyways, I was wondering what is it about sea grass that fascinates and interests you/others?
Thanks! I'm not sure why I like seagrass. :unsure: After doing a few reef tanks, it's something different and a new challenge. I like how it looks, and its potential for nutrient export is impressive. Plus it's not $100 a polyp.

Great pics, seabass. :)
Thank you! I'm glad you stopped by.
Thanks! I'm not sure why I like seagrass. :unsure: After doing a few reef tanks, it's something different and a new challenge. I like how it looks, and its potential for nutrient export is impressive. Plus it's not $100 a polyp.

I understand :) I'm not sure if your non reefer friends would though, growing grass and all

I've noticed a few of these on the glass:

031411i.jpg

Any thoughts as to what it is/will be? Pest or harmless?

Cladonema Jellyfish, harmless, will probably go away in a few weeks, but neat to watch! :)

Seagrass looks better!

Here's a better shot of one of mine (looks a bit older then the one in the other shot):

031711a.jpg

tank looks like it's coming along well
Thanks □2.

I understand :) I'm not sure if your non reefer friends would though, growing grass and all
That's OK, most of them don't get any of it. ;)

Cladonema Jellyfish, harmless, will probably go away in a few weeks, but neat to watch! :) Seagrass looks better!
Thanks yoshii! I'm not sure where the cladonema jellies/hydroids (related) came from, maybe the seagrass? I was concerned that the seagrass wouldn't make it; but I agree, it's looking up. Here is a better shot of the seagrass's gas trails:

031711b.jpg

Thanks yoshii! I'm not sure where the cladonema jellies/hydroids (related) came from, maybe the seagrass? I was concerned that the seagrass wouldn't make it; but I agree, it's looking up. Here is a better shot of the seagrass's gas trails:

031711b.jpg

Not sure, maybe from the LR? I've had them show up in a few of my tanks

Those are so cool!

Thanks yoshii.

Not sure, maybe from the LR?
It's been a few years since I've purchased any new LR. Maybe a coral or other some other livestock I recently purchased. :unsure:
Thanks yoshii.

It's been a few years since I've purchased any new LR. Maybe a coral or other some other livestock I recently purchased. :unsure:

Probably on a rock livestock was attached to, cool little critters anyways :)

The proud papa?

032411c.jpg

The seagrass continues to spread to the glass

032411a.jpg

and under the rocks

032411b.jpg

I'm thinking the grass isn't as green as it should be, so I ordered some Kent Marine Iron & Manganese. Maybe it will help.

This guy decided to move about 4" the other day

032411d.jpg

Archived