Pod Your Reef

Seabass's 17.4 Gallon (taken down)

seabass

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND. MORE SAND.

Thats hilarious!!
:D

roflmao!!! You have to make that something. sig, av, something.
:happydance:

That's a buttload of sand. Anything special going in there? Like... super sand digging critters or something?
Mostly seagrass. I wanted a true DSB.

wow, that's a lotta sand :o
Believe it or not, it's still shy of six inches.

Operating sump:

012311a.jpg

It easily handles the back flow during a power outage. To help clear the water, I added some floss to the filter sock. Also, I ran the skimmer's collection cup drain back into the sump until it breaks in a bit.

The Bubble Magus BM-NAC3's pump was quite picky. It wouldn't turnover at first. Then I disassembled the needle wheel and got it turning, but it was extremely loud. I was able to finally silence it after a few attempts. However, it looks like it will be a decent skimmer.

FTS of the display in operation:

012311b.jpg

The Maxi-Jet 1100 Utility Pump is providing a good amount of flow by itself (the display holds less than 10 gallons of water above the sand).

Thanks, I'll be adding some more stuff this week.

@ spanko:

Whoa. Sandworms. You hate 'em right? I hate 'em myself!

- Betelgeuse

I've had this for a couple of years and never played with it. I know right?

reefkeeper.jpg

Now I have to say that I don't know how I ever lived without a controller. :)

AWeSOme tAnk!!!

I really like the whole "fit and finish" of your setup. It's unique and functional as well. I'm excited to see it with the grasses.

Time to add the blenny and cardinalfish!
Maybe today.

I really like the whole "fit and finish" of your setup. It's unique and functional as well. I'm excited to see it with the grasses.
Thanks a lot. It's a little late for the contest, but I was never in it for the prizes. I guess it's time to order in some seagrass. :)
Ooh...Ahh! B)

BTW, I think the white PVC looks good with the white skimmer. ;)

Thanks!

I ordered some seagrass from John @ ReefCleaners. He'll ship it out to me on Monday.

So I added some livestock yesterday. I was hoping the rock would break the flow to the front which was causing the sand to blow around; unfortunately, it didn't. Here's a look at it today.

012911a.jpg

So I decided to downgrade the pump from a Maxi-Jet 1100 utility pump to a regular Maxi-Jet 900.

012911b.jpg

This solved the problem. Plus, it stopped the bubbles that were coming from the drain (which was forming salt creep around my sump). Here it is with the newly downgraded pump.

012911c.jpg

Shortly after taking the picture above, I accidentally dropped the light fixture in my tank while adjusting it. :o This is the second time I've dipped a lighted Tek light in water. Luckily the GFCI tripped instantly and everything was alright. I took apart the fixture and cleaned it out with distilled water and a can of compressed air. It still works like new. :)

I'll add the MP10 tomorrow. If everything checks out OK, I'll move some snails over. I'll probably wait for the seagrass before I move the fish.

I love those flower anemones.
Thanks, Rock Flower Anemones are a favorite of mine. I have some more, but didn't want to crowd the tank.

Archived