Top Shelf Aquatics

Mirage's 40 Gallon breeder (New Pics 3/31/14)

MGDMIRAGE

Really sorry to hear about the Mandarin Mirage :(

Love this pic!

Lol that is funny, i just posted it on your thread too. Thanks. Really hard to get him in good focus towards the back of my tank being he is only like 1" long.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Me too!!

Tank is looking good. Great pic of that birdnest and good growth.

Thanks you two :)

Got my all new ATI bulbs today plus one Giessman. This combo is Rehype inspired, and it just sounded like an awesome combo.

3 ATI Blue Plus

1 ATI Coral Plus

1 ATI Purple Plus

1 Giessman Powerchrome Midday

Unfortunetely one of the Blue Plus was broken, I hope they(Marinedepot) can send me a new one fast. I love the color it looks so much more crisp than the all Giessman setup i had.

Wow - nice tank. Your Wrasse is freakin amazing . Sorry to hear about your Mandarin(they can and will jump ) - I had mine in my open top 14 gallon Biocube when I first got him as I was training him to eat frozen. He only jumped only once but since I was at home I was able to put him back in the tank. Since then I transfered him to my 40 with a open top and he has not yet up ( for about 1.5 years now)

Avoided near tragedy today!

Well I'm thoroughly sick of the Phosban reactors. I run bio-pellets in the 150 reactor but today i noticed my powerhead couldn't move the pellets enough so i put a mag 3 on it, well the pellets moved great. Anyway wife and i went to Costco and when I got home i heard a lot of water splashing which is always a great sign. I go check the tank and the sump is down about 10 gallons of water. The garbage push on fittings on the Two Little Fishies reactor popped off from the added pressure of the mag 3 and was fire hosing water all over the floor. Luckily there was still about 2 inches of water left in sump for the butterflyfish to survive in :D I managed to suck up about 2 gallons with the steamcleaner but its soaked behind the tank where i can't get to it so i put a fan on it and turned it on high. I will let the fan run for a week or so or until it feels dry.

Luckily I still had about 15 gallons of water already made up and left over from my last water change.

Moral of the story is don't trust the Phosban push on connectors with any sort of pump that is able to take some head pressure.

Really glad to hear that it wasnt any worse than that...im not a fan of those reactors as ive owned them in the past and never felt comfortable because of their cheap craftmanship. The only ones i can wholeheartedly recommend is the BRS reactors.

Cant wait to see the new bulb combo on your tank.

Yep I just posted on my club website asking if anyone was doing a BRS order soon lol.

The lights are awesome but man stuff is bleaching out, i cut the photoperiod back like 4 hours even. I think i'm going to go get some screen tomorrow to try that. I really didn't think the par would be that much higher than my geissman bulbs, they were really white and this is fairly blue. I even took out my DIY GU10 blue leds.

I envy your dimmable fixture now Eugene lol.

Awesome tank and pictures.

Thank you!

Yep I just posted on my club website asking if anyone was doing a BRS order soon lol.

The lights are awesome but man stuff is bleaching out, i cut the photoperiod back like 4 hours even. I think i'm going to go get some screen tomorrow to try that. I really didn't think the par would be that much higher than my geissman bulbs, they were really white and this is fairly blue. I even took out my DIY GU10 blue leds.

I envy your dimmable fixture now Eugene lol.

Have you tried raising the lights a bit? I think we all underestimate how powerful T5's are. Those ATI bulbs in particular are up to 30% brighter than other bulbs.

It definitely comes in handy for acclimating coral :happy:

Nice, i didn't even know Current made one lol.. I may order that soon if i can't figure something out.

I love the Leopard Wrasse...one of my favorites! I am on the look out for one. I had one for about 2 years, it jumped into my overflow, went down to the sump and got sucked into the skimmer pump...was a sad day :(

Tank looks awesome :)

• 2 weeks later...
I love the Leopard Wrasse...one of my favorites! I am on the look out for one. I had one for about 2 years, it jumped into my overflow, went down to the sump and got sucked into the skimmer pump...was a sad day :(

Tank looks awesome :)

Hey Maria, I missed your reply, thank you for stopping by! Yeah I'd probably be pretty crushed if something happened to my Leopard, she is definitely my favorite. I've lost a couple fish from getting sucked into sumps now it sucks. I lost my gorgeous Pygmy Angel to jumping in the sump and getting sucked into the return pump :( Lost a beautiful royal gramma to him swimming into a Sunsun circulation pump.

Photos!

Corals:

0511280x853.jpg

0091280x853.jpg

0041280x853.jpg

0081280x775.jpg

Fish:

0831280x822.jpg

Love this Tang, it saddens me that I may have to give him away if he outgrows my system.

0691280x853.jpg

Under appreciated Hector Goby. I think they are amazing little fish, always visible and always working on the sand bed, and you can't get much more peaceful.

0181280x853.jpg

One of the best pics I've ever gotten of the little Eviota Goby.

New Tank Cell Pics:

IMG025.jpg

IMG026.jpg

90 Gallon with dual 1.5" drains and dual 3/4" returns.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow a new tank? Omg u switch or start new tanks like you're changing underware. Lol sweet I love that tank too! Thinking about just getting a powder brown tank only. Lol very small of course!

Wow a new tank? Omg u switch or start new tanks like you're changing underware. Lol sweet I love that tank too! Thinking about just getting a powder brown tank only. Lol very small of course!

Lol yes I'm never really satisfied. I have to say the 40Breeder was the closest I've come to being totally happy with a tank. I bought a stand and will be doing a new 40 Breeder soon. I've grown to really dislike this overflow it takes up all the room in the corners where I'd like to keep my flow pumps.

I've really been dragging my heels setting up the 90 as I really don't want to tear down the 40 since it has been up over a year now but i really need the room that the 90 offers, plus god i love tangs lol.

• 2 weeks later...

New Toys!

Cell Pic:

IMG031.jpg

Eheim 1048 pump en route along with media and a person locally has a PH controller I may pick up from them for $50.

Archived