SaltCritters.com

Mirage's 40 Gallon breeder (New Pics 3/31/14)

MGDMIRAGE

Rescaped a few days ago and added two Pearly Jawfish which i dearly love already. Pics tomorrow.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks you two!

Well i lied pictures tomorrow as i have some more coral i need to move over and some fish :D sorry. The Jawfish are getting way less shy. They have been just hovering out in the open 90% of the day and they prefer to stay close to each other i dunno if they will pair up or not. Last night they slept in the same burrow but today they are separated but within 6" of each other at all times.

I would love it if they did :)

Here are some pics before i added more coral.

This is Aquascape version 2.0.

061.jpg

This Pocilopora was my tester SPS and within 30 mins of being put into the display it had full polyp extension :D

044.jpg

7-27-2010FTS.jpg

067.jpg

Mostly just practice practice practice. I try and get away with the lowest ISO setting i can to get a more crisp picture without too much noise, but that can be tricky with moving objects such as fish so you just have to mess with aperture and shutter speed a whole lot if you have the iso low. Try and find a balance that will allow the picture to have enough light but still be able to capture moving objects.

When i first got the camera i was using like 400 and 800 iso and couldn't for the life of me figure out why my pictures had so much noise.

For stationary pictures like coral the best thing is to always turn off all the pumps and set ISO to 100 or 200 100 is best and shutter to like 20 aperature to your liking depending how much of the object you want in focus. Also nothing beats a good tripod with a remote shutter release or use the time delay if you are taking pics of stationary stuff.

I use manual for everything, i just like having control over all the settings hehe.

Same here man B)

I really like the scape on this one! I am surprised there isn't more DIY stuff on the tank though :P

Same here man B)

I really like the scape on this one! I am surprised there isn't more DIY stuff on the tank though :P

Lol thanks Jacob what would you like me to DIY? i baffled the sump and did hard plumbing for the first time does that count? :P

I plan on bringing back my 40 gallon Hexagon eventually i'll get creative on that one. I was in a rush to get all my fish and corals out of the 20 gallon long lol they were a bit cramped.

I finally finished my transfer tonight all my corals and fish are in the breeder now so i have 8 fish in there :P With a skimmer rated for 250 gallons and about to start EcoBak i think i'm totally fine :D Two of the fish are in the fuge section the Sixline and Lavender Dottyback, both will be finding new homes shortly, sick of their attitudes.

Kinda bummed out, came in at 7am and found one of my Jawfish dried up on the floor :( Everything they say about them being bad jumpers is 100% true. I had planned on making a canopy soon too, poor little cute fishy.

Bummer about the jawfish man :(

Well I was thinking some sort of over the top DIY thing, like a refugium that is plumbed to the filter plumbed to the chiller etc haha

Bummer about the jawfish man :(

Well I was thinking some sort of over the top DIY thing, like a refugium that is plumbed to the filter plumbed to the chiller etc haha

Pfft i don't need no dang chiller :P If i still lived on the coast i'd get one so i could have a sweet cold water reef tank like yours ;) This tank hovers at 78.5-79.5 throughout the day and night, using an Ebo Jager 250W heater and it seems to keep the temp pretty rock solid.

Aww sorry to hear :(

Thanks AM :)

So i was bored and decided to do a few Macros.

023.jpg

018.jpg

017.jpg

014-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

004-2.jpg

Archived