Pod Your Reef

Mirage's 40 Gallon breeder (New Pics 3/31/14)

MGDMIRAGE

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Amazing. :o

Thank you very much!

I love seeing starry blennies :) great tank!

They are certainly unique :)

hey, i havn't visited in a while...and i saw an eel in your thread :o

tank looks great :happy:

Yep I've had a golden dwarf moray for around 2 years maybe a little more now. Hes always been in an open topped tank too :)

Beautiful pics and fish shawn!

Thanks so much Hype :)

Them some pretty good picture's....

Thanks Pismo :D

Nice Copperband Mirage!

Thanks I was doubting that he would eat my aiptasia for a couple days but each day there seems to be less and less. I actually have to visually search for some now, before they were quite visible.

• 1 month later...

Some pics of the new guy(bite me tang police lol), he/she will go into my 90 gallon shortly, he is currently maybe 2".

He has already shown growth, if he keeps growing that fast i may have to ditch the 90 and go with a 300 in a year.

IMG_80371280x853.jpg

IMG_79561280x997.jpg

Mandarin i've had for a few weeks now, she has gotten really fat so far. My plans are to ween her off onto frozen and dried food.

IMG_79801280x853.jpg

And the Butterfly.

IMG_80241280x853.jpg

Also I sold my Golden Dwarf Moray a month ago, he was cool but i was kind of tired of spot feeding him. He went to a great home and a major size increase. He now lives in a 125 gallon reef.

Really awesome, Shawn.... you can almost see the different personalities if the fish in your photographs.

I can only hope that my 40B turns out to be as clean as yours!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend! :)

Thanks PSYS, I do love my fish. They are all like little puppy dogs when i walk in the room they all come begging for food. The butterfly, blennie, and wrasse all eat out of my fingers so far.

Have a great weekend too! I'm sure your tank will turn out awesome.

This thread is the reason why I will be putting a leopard wrasse in my 40 gal breeder. This is an awesome tank you have here. Awesome fish choices and sweet sps.

Thank you.

I'm thinking about keeping most of my fish in this tank when i upgrade to the 90 and maybe adding a McCosker's flasher wrasse to the mix or a christmas wrasse. The butterfly and tang gotta go to the 90 though.

It would depend on the mystery wrasse, leopards are super easy going typically. If you were to try it make sure leopard is the first wrasse in the tank.

• 1 month later...

Well lost my Mandarin other day :( I have a piece of glass covering the back half of my tank but there is a small gap where my return comes in and somehow the mandarin jumped up in that little gap and got on top of the glass. Well anyway once she was up there she ended up getting baked by the lights all day :( I had just gotten her eating frozen mysis too, she was pretty big and happy.

It really sucks but at least i didn't lose my Wrasse.

103.jpg

My 90 gallon is almost finished and should be set up in a couple weeks.

013.jpg

Amazing tank. Can we get a list of current livestock?

I always wanted a Copper banded but never had a tank large enough.

Currently in there is a copperband butterfly, baby sailfin tang, Hector's goby, starry blenny, and the leopard wrasse. The copperband is living in the sump since he found a liking for acan/favia feeder tentacles and he picks at my clam :(

All of them soon are to be in my 90 gallon. I plan on redoing the 40 breeder though, they are awesome tanks.

Im really sorry to hear you lost your mandarin shawn i lost my mandarin the same way...But if i havent said it already the tank looks great and your pictures are beautiful.

Thanks Eugene :)

I really hadn't thought of Mandarins as jumpers ;( I forgot to add that i have a red eviota goby too, i always forget he is in there since he is so small.

Archived