Innovative Marine Aquariums

Mirage's 40 Gallon breeder (New Pics 3/31/14)

MGDMIRAGE

I cant believe you have a tang in a 40g tank... thats just terrible lol

Lol yeah you were my inspiration :P I need some anthias now.

Love all the new pics and corals, you definitely got to frag me a piece of that pink pocilipora! I'm looking for one and a pink stylo

Hard to find in your area? I had a large colony of green poci too but it suddenly RTN'd on me almost over night.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! Just saw your pic update. That Monti is killer and on the side.....not back wall!!! Love to see it from the glass side.

and...........your poor little tang........looks so unhappy........:)

Hard to find in your area? I had a large colony of green poci too but it suddenly RTN'd on me almost over night.

My anthias trio is still doing great :), been about 3 or 4 months now since I got them.

Spongodes:

IMG_01631280x853_zpsaa388e0e.jpg

Pink Polyp Monti cap:

IMG_01501280x853_zpsbcae9828.jpg

Purple Acropora Valida, hope it gets back to full dark purple since I got new bulbs:

IMG_01401280x853_zps39b017fa.jpg

Pink Pocilipora:

IMG_01391280x853_zps6c408faa.jpg

Beautiful pieces shawn...

Everything looks fantastic. I'm so jealous of the monti on the wall.

Thanks a lot!

Yeah that Monti has starting growing like crazy lately. In the past few days it has reached the front glass. Now i'm faced with the decision of breaking part of it or letting it grow on the front as well lol.

i like your monti on the wall , perfect

Thank you :)

Beautiful pieces shawn...

Thanks Eugene :)

Nice PE on the SPS in the pics. How's the growth?

Growth was kinda slow but has picked up a bit since I got the new bulbs at the end of Feb.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Super CatPig

I love your little hector's goby. Nice shot of him. I never realized that they wear lipstick! My monti just started growing on the glass. I thought it looked interesting but yours looks amazing. Really nice coral in there. :D

• 3 weeks later...

I love your little hector's goby. Nice shot of him. I never realized that they wear lipstick! My monti just started growing on the glass. I thought it looked interesting but yours looks amazing. Really nice coral in there. :D

Thanks, yeah the monti is great but it has started growing even faster lately and is growing on the front glass now too and has reached the back pump. I think it is time to chop it up a bit but I really hate to, I just wish my tank was 24" or more front to back so it could keep getting wider.

It is pretty wild looking at my 3/31/2013 orange digi growth to the 6/14/2013 shot lol. Stuff grows like crazy and is just sitting on the sand bed.

Korallin Calcium Reactor has been running for past month and i'm still trying to dial it in, but so far it is way more stable than my 2 part dosing :)

My current parameters are 8dKH and 440 calcium. Eventually once I have it set right I want 9 dKH and 440 calcium.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Mine is the same.. If I do water changes weekly it drops to 7.5

If I do them when I'm not lazy, the alk sticks at 8.5

Weird lol

Mine is the same.. If I do water changes weekly it drops to 7.5

If I do them when I'm not lazy, the alk sticks at 8.5

Weird lol

Yeah my alk drops super fast even If I forgot to dose one day. 2 part dosing became a chore and I didn't feel like getting dosing pumps seemed pointless since I won this reactor from marinedepot hehe. Then a local was selling a 10lb co2 tank brand new and filled for $20 so I couldn't resist.

Love this build. Love the monti.. Nice tank!

Thank you so much! I kind of have a love hate relationship with the monti at the moment, it is starting to take over the tank hehe. Maybe I should put some NPS corals under it, sun coral and some gorgs lol.

Archived