Cultivated Reef

Mirage's 40 Gallon breeder (New Pics 3/31/14)

MGDMIRAGE

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Maria,

Sadly I like the cap on the glass too or I would have transferred everything over to a new 40B sooner hehe.

Yeah I've never had a firefish but always wanted one, good idea :)

First time I've seen this tank, glad you updated it. I love the cap on the glass.

Thanks :) I was thinking about putting my purple rim cap on the opposite side.

Acans ftw! Great pics...

Thank you!

can i have some of the cap? :lol:

Hehe just a regular monti cap it was super small when i put it on there. It is pretty much the only reason I haven't tore the tank down and started a new 40B.

I'm loving the monti cap on the glass. I wish mine would grow tiers like that quicker. Those close ups of the acros.....drooling.

Thank you! It took awhile for that size hehe like 2 years. It seems to be growing faster and faster though.

Thank you! It took awhile for that size hehe like 2 years. It seems to be growing faster and faster though.

Makes me think of my duncans. They are seriously growing insanely fast. Pretty soon I'm going to have to find a new spot in the tank for them. I swear the heads get bigger and more numerous every day.

• 1 month later...

Just got my WP-40 pump from China few days ago and replaced all my koralias, holy crap this thing moves water. I can't use most of the wave settings as it will splash out of my tank.

Awesome man can't wait to see it in action! Mp40 from china?

Similar, it has less modes than an MP-40 but flow is about the same and it is less than 1/4 of the price. I love the mounting system it uses you can literally turn it any direction instead of how limited the Koralias are. I put it in the back corner and have it aimed to the middle of the opposite side of tank. Turned to the first wave mode the water will actually splash out of the tank and the other modes blow hard enough that it creates a nice sandstorm on the opposite side of tank :)

i absolutely love the placement of you monti cap!

Thanks, I had always wanted to do one on the opposing side like maybe my purple rim cap. I'll have to get some new pics up. Since I got my new T5 combo the cap is ultra bright orange now.

SouthFlorida_Tron

lol, ya i hear you, but the second you try and get one on the other side or have it look as a similar shape, it will do its own thing and youll be like "oh wtf, why did it grow that way" lol....

looks much better than before, no more frag tank look haha

lol, ya i hear you, but the second you try and get one on the other side or have it look as a similar shape, it will do its own thing and youll be like "oh wtf, why did it grow that way" lol....

looks much better than before, no more frag tank look haha

Lol yeah probably.

I've been slowly trying to work it back into a display instead of a frag/display, but I'm so out of room and need to set up a dedicated frag tank.

Looks awesome shawn...love that monticap.

Thanks Eugene it took quite awhile to get it that size :) I always hoped it would turn out decent and now it is like the main reason I haven't torn this tank down and made a new 40B.

What's your t5 combo from front to back?

Front:

Giesemann Actinic Plus

ATI Coral Plus

Giesemann Actinic Plus

Giesemann Midday

Giesemann Actinic Plus

ATI Purple Plus

Back

My previous combo was the same except all the actinic bulbs were ATI Blue Plus my current combo looks way way better thanks to the UV in the Actinic Plus bulbs the oranges and greens are so much brighter.

That monti is pretty cool.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Spongodes:

IMG_01631280x853_zpsaa388e0e.jpg

Pink Polyp Monti cap:

IMG_01501280x853_zpsbcae9828.jpg

Purple Acropora Valida, hope it gets back to full dark purple since I got new bulbs:

IMG_01401280x853_zps39b017fa.jpg

Pink Pocilipora:

IMG_01391280x853_zps6c408faa.jpg

Love all the new pics and corals, you definitely got to frag me a piece of that pink pocilipora! I'm looking for one and a pink stylo

Latest FTS:

IMG_99841280x488_zps5b71ff00.jpg

IMG_99771280x9172_zps927e646e.jpg

IMG_99791280x853_zps93b0d90d.jpg

Yes I have a tang and I love him/her dearly :P

IMG_99921280x853_zps08e66200.jpg

I cant believe you have a tang in a 40g tank... thats just terrible lol

Archived