Top Shelf Aquatics

17g Green Leaf Rimless

divecj5

I got a few much needed (well some) additions to the tank. Weetie was nice enough to "rehome" her juvi fighting conch, which is awesome looking, as well as 3 really beefy Tonga Nassarius. I think these are going to do a great job of keeping things nice and clean. At least I hope ;)

Also, since we were already doing overnight shipping for the conch, I asked if she just so happened to have any of her sweet macro that needed to be trimmed. Her last words before sending were "not sure if anything does but I'll dig around for ya." Next thing I know, she tells me that she's sending a "small" piece of Stypopodium Zonale. You can see by the pictures below, it's not exactly a "small" piece, at least not to me.

Thanks again Weetie...you're the best :flower:

Sorry that most of these are a little dark :(

FnF Sunset Acan (moved over from 20H yesterday)

p448670150-3.jpg

Flame Algae (in a lot more flow now)

p77420440-3.jpg

Stypopodium Zonale (should turn a nice yellow/green)

p395281964-3.jpg

The Macro Rock (maybe eventually some mini nems)

p101511145-3.jpg

-Adam

Great pics adam. Love the new additions

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great pics adam. Love the new additions

Thanks Rehype!!

Looking Good Adam!

I love those macros.

Oh and that acan, wow! omgomgomg

Thanks AM. I'm really diggin' the Macros and the FNF Acans have always been some of my favorites. I plan on having A LOT more in the coming months.

-Adam

That flame's looking good.

I agree...so far it's held the awesome pink tips. Now that it's in a place with more room to spread and in more flow, hopefully it will take off.

I can't wait to see what comes next!

Me too :) I have a couple of things in mind but I'm planning on getting a small goby, of some sort, in the coming week. I'll more than likely make a few trips to the LFS this week to see what they have and what they're getting in. Can't wait!!

What small goby are you thinking?

I may have to get on a waiting list, but the owner of the LFS said he can order me a couple Blue Eye Darts from Quality Marine (thanks to DFason for the suggestion). I'm not 100% sure I'll go with them but they're definitely an option and I can get them for a pretty decent price. Otherwise, I was thinking Trimma or Eviota.

They usually have several Trimmas and Eviotas so I might see what else he gets this week.

Be careful with mini darts. They are really hard to care for.

No doubt...that's why I'm leaning towards a Trimma or Eviota to start with. I'm looking to keep things "low-maintenance" and don't want to handicap myself right at the start ;)

Deleted User 6

i'd recommend trimma - my eviotas are perchers and I never see them. most eviotas are hoverers iirc, so they'd be out and about more.

Thanks for the insight guys. Sounds like I need start keeping my eyes out locally for a Trimma, or two. I definitely want something with a little more movement than just perching.

WOW!!! I remember when MasterBuilder was still on here, lived in Beaufort I think. That's an awesome picture of them all hovering around.

Deleted User 6

Yeah, my original plan was to get a group of them, but they're $19 each on LA, so I didn't feel like spending $100 for 5 tiny fish, lol. If you can get them locally, that would be perfect. I wish I had a LFS that wasn't so freakin' expensive.

Might head to the LFS today to see what gobies they have but I'm more than likely going to wait another week. Diatoms are still cropping up on the sand by the end of the light cycle so I'd rather let the algae/cycle settle itself completely out before adding anything. But we'll see.

Quick question that has me :huh: . I replaced my RO membrane back in the Spring and just replaced the DI resin, sediment block, and carbon filter in my RO/DI unit as the TDI was creeping up towards 40 :o . After replacing the filters, I check the TDI and it's currently hanging around 5. I double checked all of the connections, made sure that all of the filters were correctly seated, etc and still no dice.

Just wondering why all of a sudden I can't get it down to 0 when I've NEVER had any issues.

Any ideas?

Other than that, the Frogspawn, Acans, and macros look incredibly happy in the tank.

-Adam

Nevermind....just rechecked everything and it's testing at 0 TDS now -_-

Tap = 99 TDS

After Carbon + Sediment = 89 TDS

After RO = 4 TDS

After DI = 0

Sometimes I wonder if I'm losing my mind :)

Archived