inTank Media Baskets

17g Green Leaf Rimless

divecj5

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adam. Looking great! I am going to finish your lights soon.

What are you thinking on putting on the right side?

-Dave

Thanks for all of the compliments. It should look even better with some coral and fish. I hope.

Adam. Looking great! I am going to finish your lights soon.

What are you thinking on putting on the right side?

-Dave

Thanks Dave. Can't wait to put your amazing lighting over this tank. I hope that the tank can match the craftsmanship and design of your lights.

I was planning on either moving the Hammer that I currently have in my 20H to the rock on the right or getting a Todd's Torch for that spot. That or I'm going to add some more rock and turn it into an Acan garden on the bottom and add a Torch or Frogspawn to the top. Lots of ideas, just need to add a couple more small pieces.

dude, where have i been for the past year and half, looks like times have definetly changed since my BioCube and Picotope ERA, just read your thread on the Green leaf business. sounds awesome,

i now want one. i was thinking have going with a Current Solona, but seems like im ready to move on and out of the AIO stuff.

everytime i try and get out of reefing or break down a tank, i allways end up back on this forum, wanting BACK IN!!!

dude, where have i been for the past year and half

everytime i try and get out of reefing or break down a tank, i allways end up back on this forum, wanting BACK IN!!!

Haha...more like "where have YOU been" brother. :P Glad to see you wandering around these parts again and glad to hear you may get sucked back into reefing.

Shoot me a PM sometime and let me know what you're thinking about setting up.

WHOA it's Digg!!!

What's up dude??

My thoughts exactly Henry. Now all we need is Diane (c est ma) to come back.

You bring a tear to my eye. Every time I think about Diane I miss her input so.

You're telling me. It's a time like this, when I'm bored out of my mind staring at my rock just cycling away, that Diane would have said "break out the magnifying glass and look at all of those amazing critters." She was the micro and macro fauna Queen ;)

Hopefully one day she'll wander back to flock.

what up Spank, long time, brings back the olden days, chattin wit yall again.

Dive, dude i got some news, you may be jelous though.... so i did some research on these green leaf tanks, I called them up and talked to one of the employees. OK first let me just say that i ive always wanted a tank with Starphire Glass on it, its sUch a Massive difference. Ok back to the phone call,, i asked him if they offered Starphire glass on there tanks as an option, he said no, but if i waited a couple weeks the going to be offering a whole new line of tank sizes from Pico's up to 90g, he said there gonna have like a 20g, which will be perfect for what i want. lil bit deeper and taller than the 60-L and it will be an option to have what is called OPTI-White glass, which has ZERO Iron in it, it a Step above Starphire glass witch still has iron in it, the Opti-white is Optical grade glass, witch they use in microscopes and lenses and such, so i just wanted to give you a lil run down on my initial steps of gettin back in the buiss!!!!

we might have a lil battle of the Green Leafs goin on here ;) j/k kinda like our BioCube days.

not set in stone im just doin all my research and stuff right now, on diff tanks, if i was rich id get the ELOS reef setup. anyway, shoot me a PM on how your filtration and stuff is gonna be setup on your Leaf, lighting and what not, and What turned you on the Green Leaf tanks.

sorry for the long post bro, got about a year and half of catching up to do,, trust me i need a refresher, been a while. ive been focused on landscaping my yard lately ;)

That sounds amazing Digg. The folks that work there are awesome, aren't they? I talked to one of the managers when I bought the tank and they couldn't have been any more informative. Then again, they are trying to sell something ;)

We definitely have some catching up to do. You'll have to crank your thread back up or get a fresh one started to start tossing some ideas around. Good times!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, while I'm waiting for my tank to cycle and as I wait for my lighting, I'm starting to think about my fish "wish-list." Since this is smaller tank with lots of open space, I've been mulling over the following (thanks DFason for the suggestion) -

• False Percs (they will be housed in this tank while I clean up and convert the 20H)
  • 3 Blue Eye Dart Gobies (Tryssogobius colini) or Cardinals
  • Mix of Eviota and Trimma Gobies

That way I'll have some mid- to upper-water column movement with the Clowns and Darts and some "perchers" with the Eviota and Trimmas.

But I'm wide open to any suggestions.

-Adam

sea turtle, imo.

Hawksbill or Lagerhead? I was leaning towards a Leatherback but I'm not sure if I have enough open space :P

Might be a little tough when you need to dip your hand in the tank to remove a dead snail or a fallen frag :)

I can't believe you'd consider anything but a Kemp's Ridley, man. Disappointed. They're just about as critically endangered as possible... therefore, they're really just "rare". And as we know, "rare" in this hobby is worth like 100x hipster cred.

so are you going with a HOB filter/? obviously your not going with a seperate Sump because the Green Leaf tanks have Tempured bottom glass, which cant be drilled, but im sure you know that.. gonna leave the back clear or blue/black?? any type of glass lid to prevent evap? tune me in on this lighting your getting! come on dude, i need some specs here

btw spank, nice avatar ;) mine hasnt been changed in like 3 years, maybe ever

NaClCrocodile

I'm 90% Orlando said that the only glass that is tempered is on their tanks that are 36" or longer. Although in their storefront they had their largest one drilled with a closed loop on the bottom. :huh:

Archived