SaltCritters.com

17g Green Leaf Rimless

divecj5

Thanks bud :blush:

Glad to hear your going to add a sump to your system. Those are all good choices although you will have a hard time getting your hands on the MAME. It still very much in demand and they cant seem to make them fast enough. Check this one made by Eshopps ive heard good things about it and it has a really small footprint.

Oh BTW Adam i still still have a purple fuzzy polyp digi frag for you that ive been growing since i lost my mini colony. I figure i give it another month or so before i ship it out. ;)

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks bud :blush:

Glad to hear your going to add a sump to your system. Those are all good choices although you will have a hard time getting your hands on the MAME. It still very much in demand and they cant seem to make them fast enough. Check this one made by Eshopps ive heard good things about it and it has a really small footprint.

Oh BTW Adam i still still have a purple fuzzy polyp digi frag for you that ive been growing since i lost my mini colony. I figure i give it another month or so before i ship it out. ;)

I'm excited about the prospect of finally getting a sump setup as well. I think it will really make a big difference for not only water quality but also the overall cleanliness and feel of the tank.

Thanks for the heads up on the MAME overflow. Crazy that they still can't keep up with demand for these...I have a feeling they could be making a killing. I'm heading to check out and read up on the Eshopps overflow as well. Although I'd like to go as stealthy and streamline as possible, I'm more concerned about flooding, noise, and efficiency more than anything.

Keep me posted on the Digi....I'd love to stuff this tank with a handful of nice Digi and other "simple" SPS.

-Adam

teamschreiba

Finding a MAME will definitely be tough. I got lucky and another member here on N-R was selling one at a good price. While looking for info on them I found this website although I would probably give them a call or research it first before I ordered from it. I would make sure it's credible and that it won't take months for you to get it. Just thought I would let you know that it is out there! Good luck with your search!

Thanks for stopping by the thread and for the link. Gotta love all the crazy colors/text on Japanese sites :)

I'll have to keep my eye out in the classifieds and online. Hopefully I'll get lucky and find one for sale. Otherwise, I may have to use a box-style overflow for the time being.

I wish that someone locally had some hole cutting skills. I'd give it a try but without another tank sitting as a backup, I'm just scared I'll royally screw something up.

teamschreiba
Thanks for stopping by the thread and for the link. Gotta love all the crazy colors/text on Japanese sites :)

I'll have to keep my eye out in the classifieds and online. Hopefully I'll get lucky and find one for sale. Otherwise, I may have to use a box-style overflow for the time being.

I wish that someone locally had some hole cutting skills. I'd give it a try but without another tank sitting as a backup, I'm just scared I'll royally screw something up.

No problem! Your tank is looking good too btw! I know how you feel though, I was trying to make this same decision about a month ago.

No problem! Your tank is looking good too btw! I know how you feel though, I was trying to make this same decision about a month ago.

Thanks bud. Same to you!! Just started working my way through your thread.

I'm really in no rush so I may just hang tight, save up my nickels and dimes ( ;) ) and see if a MAME pops up. I think it will ultimately be the best option.

teamschreiba
Thanks bud. Same to you!! Just started working my way through your thread.

I'm really in no rush so I may just hang tight, save up my nickels and dimes ( ;) ) and see if a MAME pops up. I think it will ultimately be the best option.

Yeah I think that might be your best bet too. I'll let you know how the MAME works once I get it up and running!

Yeah I think that might be your best bet too. I'll let you know how the MAME works once I get it up and running!

Please do. Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Currently challenge looks to be to trying and get rid of 4-5 small patches of bubble algae that have cropped up. I plan on removing as much of the rock itself and try and chip under the patches rather than resort to an Emerald Crab at this point. Luckily with increased water changes and more time to devote to the tank, they will quickly be removed. Any other suggestions are of course welcomed. I've had it in the past but this crap is located right next to my Z's and P's and don't want it to cause any trouble :)

On another note, anyone have a Google+ account? Thought it may be cool to start a circle of reefing friends to share cool links, products, and articles with.

-Adam

mastahluong

The mame overflow is back for sale at aquatouch.... but at a higher price than they were originally. Almost 400 bucks, not sure if it would be worth it then. if I were to setup my tank from the beginning again, I think I would have drilled it. HTH GL

Nice Jason. This may be one of the dumbest questions ever, but is it even feasible to drill a tank with it 1/2 full? I can't imagine it would be considering you'd need a flat surface and water to keep the bit moving/cool but just wondering.

I'm not sure I want to drain the tank and go that route :(

Yeah you'd have to drain it first for sure. It makes a mess and you really have to do it on a flat surface so you can keep the drill bit sufficiently wet.

That's what I figured guys. Thanks.

Considering I don't actually have that much rock in there, I may just drain it in a few weeks/month and see about drilling it. Considering the price of overflows, it seems like the cheapest and most effective route.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Deleted User 6

For a tank that small, it really shouldn't be a big deal to drain and drill. And once it's done, your filtration/sump options are endless. You'll be glad you did it ime.

• 2 weeks later...

What kind of stand are you using? Very nice setup. I'd like to get a GLA, but this model has been out of stock for a while. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm back....and there's a TON to update on. I've completely redone the aquascape, traded in my two clowns, got a new fish, and completely change the look of the tank.

Because I'm not sure how many people will want to read back through all of these pages, I'm going to start a new thread. It can be found here - LINK None of the new pictures are up yet but should be up there soon.....

I'm glad to have my head back above water (little guy is doing great), less sleep-deprived, and back into reefing with the enthusiasm and interest I had before.

-Adam

Archived