divecj5

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OMG,she looked like an angel :wub:

wow beautiful~

love the blue(Actinic ) eyes.. ~

Thanks!!

;D lil you gunna be running around haha, your gunna have to set up a tank in the babys room! wish my parents would have done that for me, I was 20 when I first got into aquariums a year and a half ago...

Wife already mentioned a few months ago that it would be cool if I started a tank in the nursery. I told her she might regret saying that :lol: Our son will be a reef keeper from a young age, that's for sure.

Outstanding shots!!! I usually hate pregnant photo shoots but you've hit that one out of the park, and she's beautiful to boot! :)

Thanks Jason!! Means a lot coming from another photographer.

I was finally able to convince her that A) she didn't look like a cow and B) she looks great in her pictures. It's usually a pretty hard sell ;)

Beautiful.

When is the baby due?

Thanks. May 25th is the BIG DAY although she's 35 weeks right now. Another 2 weeks and the little bugger could make his appearance at any time.

Those are incredibly nice shots adam. Your wife is a beauty..congrats.

Thanks bud. Really appreciate it. I wish I could find more time to catchup and keep up with your thread. -_-

airman_verde04
p769145404-3.jpg

These are not photos of fish or coral Adam! :angry:

Joking - well done in the photog department as always .

Surfing Folly Next Friday afternoon, just thought I would toss that out there.. waiting on the surf report so not sure if we're doing the pier or 6th street.. It tis wetsuit season still.. burrr

Thanks David.

After my craptastic pictures of the tank under the LEDs, just wanted to show that I actually know how to work a camera :)

Let me know when you get in town. Maybe we can meet up.

airman_verde04
Thanks David.

After my craptastic pictures of the tank under the LEDs, just wanted to show that I actually know how to work a camera :)

Let me know when you get in town. Maybe we can meet up.

sounds good, I know we're getting in from Cola around 12 and not going to the beach till 2-3ish.

No worries about LED's, they are tricky to shoot, I guess its the way the light is omitted is messes with the sensor on our cameras.. i wonder if with film you would have the same issue??? hmmmm..

airman_verde04

Tomorrow afternoon, south side of Folly beach Pier, probably at 2-3pm but for sure by 4, yellow long board with the word QUEST on it, spring wet suit thats black and blue-ish.. BE THERE!! but if not I understand.. haha..

Tomorrow afternoon, south side of Folly beach Pier, probably at 2-3pm but for sure by 4, yellow long board with the word QUEST on it, spring wet suit thats black and blue-ish.. BE THERE!! but if not I understand.. haha..

Yeah, the whole work thing is going to get in the way of that :) Hopefully there are some waves for ya.

I'm sure there will be some random NR-surfing, tank tinkering in the middle of the night :)

How's your wife coming along?

airman_verde04
Yeah, the whole work thing is going to get in the way of that :) Hopefully there are some waves for ya.

Hahaha. I know man, sorry. It was really nice out, I'll be back down another time for sure. This only working freelance and being a student gives me way too much free time. Hope u had a good weekend!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for being completely MIA -_- I was just telling Dave that it's been full on "get ready for baby" mode around here. Unless she goes over the weekend, my wife is supposed to be induced bright and early (6:30am :rant: ) on Monday morning. Super excited and nervous.

Considering I'll be off for the next few weeks, I'm sure I'll be able to grab a few minutes to take some pictures. Overall, I've been pretty hands off the last few weeks and things look fantastic. I little spot of GHA (size of a small makeup brush) but everything is looking great. I haven't gotten a ton of growth on my SPS (slimer, tort) so I may bump up the total output level on the pendant. Otherwise, the growth on the Z's and P's has been consistently about a new polyp every other week or so. Not crazy but I'm in no real rush to get the tank completely full.

I'll post back with an update on the "baby countdown."

-Adam

• 2 weeks later...
dive, dude

getting back in , i have decided to take the plunge.

I knew it would suck you back in :) Glad to see you back around here.

-------------------------------

Although I'm a week behind, I'm happy to report that my wife gave birth to our son, Judah, last Monday afternoon at 4:19pm. He weighed in at 7lb 3 ounces and 21 inches long with a head full of blonde hair (just like his mom). Overall, it went A LOT smoother than I had envisioned in my head. I was half expecting some scene from the Exorcist or something but it ended up being more of a surreal, amazing event. Mom and baby are happy and healthy and luckily I've been able to take 2 weeks off from work to enjoy the lil guy. Besides getting used to the "up every 2 hours to man the changing table and help with feedings," things have been absolutely fantastic!!!

Here are some pictures from that day.....

p287481122-4.jpg

p585862652-4.jpg

p241595956-4.jpg

Me and the lil Man

p851397816-4.jpg

p1039993225-4.jpg

Besides that, the tank has been doing great. Pretty good growth on everything and zero algae on the sand bed. Now that we're starting to get into some semblance of a routine, hopefully I can grab some pictures of the tank.

-Adam

Archived