ReefCleaners.org

17g Green Leaf Rimless

divecj5

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

congrats man.

spank. yes it is me. i have returned

man technology sure has jumped in the past two years since i been gone. LED's are really the thing now ehh.

so i cant decide what tank i want,. check out my thread i started.

yay baby!

I'm sure your wife appreciates that you can take flattering pictures of her even when she's about to have a baby.

Congrats Adam! What a beautiful baby! Now get Judah's little tank up and running... ;)

Thanks Kyle!!

congrats man.

spank. yes it is me. i have returned

man technology sure has jumped in the past two years since i been gone. LED's are really the thing now ehh.

so i cant decide what tank i want,. check out my thread i started.

Can't wait to see what you get back into the hobby with.

Yeah Dive...........a bouncing baby boy!!!!!

Thanks Henry.

yay baby!

I'm sure your wife appreciates that you can take flattering pictures of her even when she's about to have a baby.

Thanks Jason. She was honestly blown away once I showed her what I was able to capture "in the moment." :)

• 2 weeks later...
It's been a while since I stopped by your thread. Congrats on your new addition.

Thanks Dan. I've been hiding out like a hermit lately and haven't had a chance to cruise much of the forum(s). Hopefully once things settle down a bit with the lil guy I can get back to my regularly scheduled participation :)

Look at that chin!

Cute guy, bud. We're gearing up - 3 weeks left!

We always laugh at his little double chin.

That's right around the corner and will be here before you know it. Make sure to build up a nice little surplus of sleep in the last couple of weeks. Although it's a bit chaotic at times, we've thoroughly enjoyed being new parents. He slept for a solid 3 1/2 hours straight last night and we damn near had to through a party. Kind of sad when you celebrate sleep like that :lol:

nice baby :P

Congrats Adam. Wishing you nothing but the best.

Thanks E. I've been dying to check in on your thread. Just by looking at your sig, I can tell you've created a masterpiece.

Congrats!

Thanks AM. Much appreciated!!

Congrats for your new "Frag" adam ,,, he's so cute !!!

Thanks so much. Unfortunately these "frags" are a lot more finicky about care, feeding and placement ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update. All has been well with the tank. Had a minor issue with the controller/board with my LEDs but as expected, Dave is more than taking care of me. I'm a little behind on water changes so there are a few small patches of bubble algae creeping up. I have an order in for salt and replacement RO/DI filters so we'll be rocking and rolling again shortly.

I have the next 5 days off so pictures of some way shape or form are in order. Next step is to pick out some new fish/coral.

On another note, how about those Carolina Gamecocks!! Back-to-Back National Champs.

usc(4).jpg?w=440&h=330&aspect=nostretch

Congrats on the baby CJ!

Thanks Patrick!!

--------------------------

Well, amongst the craziness of fatherhood, I finally found the time to take some pictures of the tank. Although things aren't growing like crazy, the coloration on everything has been great and everything is still happy and healthy, even though I haven't been able to devote as much time to the tank.

I plan on moving the Hammer off the backwall and into the rock work, maybe get a few new coral and also check into some small gobies as well. I told my wife that our son wants/needs his first coral :)

p141907036-4.jpg

p11661786-4.jpg

p460804749-3.jpg

p118592142-4.jpg

p80218302-3.jpg

-Adam

Tank looks great! I've spent past two hours catching up on your thread. It was a good read.

Also can't forget, grats on the baby boy!

My wife is preg with our 3rd, god please let it be a boy, my girls i love dearly but my ears can't take another high pitched screamer lol.

Tank looks great! I've spent past two hours catching up on your thread. It was a good read.

Also can't forget, grats on the baby boy!

My wife is preg with our 3rd, god please let it be a boy, my girls i love dearly but my ears can't take another high pitched screamer lol.

Thanks man. Glad to hear that you weren't bored to death reading back through the thread. Not a whole lot of action happening since our son arrived ;)

Congrats to you and your wife on your 3rd. Although we would have been happy with a boy or a girl, I think a boy has been a lot easier than a girl would have been.

Looks awesome adam. Your frags look great.

Thanks E. Heading over to your thread this afternoon to catch up on about 100+ pages :)

Nice rockscape/setup, looks really clean and open. Congrats on your wife and baby. :D

Thanks. My plan is to setup a sump ASAP to get the skimmer off the back of the tank and move the heater/filter output/input down under the tank. I have the skimmer off the tank for a vinegar soak and I LOVE the clean look.

Thanks E. Heading over to your thread this afternoon to catch up on about 100+ pages :)

lol.. Not much has changed since you last checked in :D

lol.. Not much has changed since you last checked in :D

Yeah right...other than becoming one of the best looking tanks around :P

------------------------

So rather than focus on getting any more coral/fish for the time being, I'm going to focus on FINALLY setting up a simple sump. That said, I'm looking for some feedback and/or suggestions.

Since I won't be drilling the tank (just don't have the pelotas for it), I'm looking at the following overflow:

• CPR CS-50 - Link
  • LifeReef Nano Filter - Link
  • MAME - Are these still being made?

I'm not looking to move any more than about 300-600gph. I haven't really thought much about what sort of sump configuration I'll go with but I figured the first step would be to decide on the overflow first.

Any thoughts, suggestions or cautions to keep in mind? Thanks as always for suggestions and feedback.

-Adam

Archived