Top Shelf Aquatics

17g Green Leaf Rimless

divecj5

I found that mine gets more rigid and compact with the really high flow and starts to develop those bright orange tips.......

:o :o :o :o :o :o

Sorry, just struck me as :o :o :o :o

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top and bottom covers will be finished tonight then off to the anodizer. I should have it back next Tuesday/Wednesday. I may have something else newer and small to for you... Hit me on the email

-Dave

animalmaster6

The tank looks great! I can definetly see it growing and getting more established. Finding any hitchhikers?

I love that acan.

Top and bottom covers will be finished tonight then off to the anodizer. I should have it back next Tuesday/Wednesday. I may have something else newer and small to for you... Hit me on the email

-Dave

Woohoo.... :happydance:

Looking Good Adam. Im loving the sunset acan..

Thanks bud. It's one of my favorite acans. Once things get established and once I see how things react to the Ryujin unit, my plan is to add a TON of different acan morphs. There is a lady locally that has some really stellar frags and I've noted others on here with some excellent LPS as well.

The tank looks great! I can definetly see it growing and getting more established. Finding any hitchhikers?

I love that acan.

Thanks AM!! It's funny that you mention seeing it getting more established....the rock looks completely different than it did just a week or two ago. I'm starting to see some spots of coralline crop up but no other unique hitchhikers beyond that :( I might snag a small scoop of sand from the 20H to add some micro fauna. I do have a few small starfish cruising around now which is exciting ;)

airman_verde04

Just stopping by in between some work and studying, love the tank, love the black background, love the acans... way to busy with mountain bikes, my new blog(photoblog), and learning how to be a student, and building up new references for the DJ biz.. cant wait to see what else you do with the tank...

Just stopping by in between some work and studying, love the tank, love the black background, love the acans...

Thanks for swinging by and checking out the thread and thanks for the compliments. It's coming along.

Sounds like you're enjoying yourself and keeping busy up there in Blacksburg. Keep in touch.

airman_verde04
Thanks for swinging by and checking out the thread and thanks for the compliments. It's coming along.

Sounds like you're enjoying yourself and keeping busy up there in Blacksburg. Keep in touch.

Its great here.. haha.. you know I forgot to say that I am too busy with all those things for reef'n just yet.. haha.. but it will come!! in 5-6 years... but it will happen..

Took advantage of some Labor Day deals and snagged an Eheim 2213 (25% off and free shipping). Can't wait to add some carbon and mechanical filtration. Should be here by the end of the week I'd assume.

I have several pictures that I took on Saturday so hopefully I can get those up later this afternoon. I hear my work e-mail calling....

Hope everyone had a relaxing and enjoyable Labor Day. I personally enjoyed some fresh Dog Fish Head Punkin Ales :)

A, get me a job in Charleston. Then we can join forces and run the most kickass photog biz in the Southeast. And be bffe's.

No doubt. Unfortunately jobs are a little thin around here...unless of course you want to work for Boeing making Dreamliners. What do you do now? I thought for some reason you were involved/interested in Theology?

Deleted User 6

I'm an amateur theolog. Plus there's no money in it. :P

I actually came close to applying for a consultant job with Deloitte located in the downtown area. I love Charleston and have always wanted to live there. Right now I'm a project manager/underwriter for an insurance company. I was kinda being facetious with you...kinda.

How's the tank? Have you posted pics after the storm sim that I missed?

I knew you were being facetious....although I knew you were originally from SC and that you liked Chucktown.

Maybe one day you'll be in the area and we can start a REAL local reefing club....

The tank has been looking really fantastic lately and I'm long overdue for some picture updates. Just been a little busy with work and every evening seems to slip away.

I should be getting my Eheim canister in this afternoon although I just got word from Aquarium Specialty that they're out of the carbon that I wanted to get. It might be Monday before I get the Zeo rocks and carbon in the mail but I'll make sure to get some pictures before then.

I added a Green Acro frag to the tank last week just to test the waters....and it looks nice and happy. The slow frag migration from the 20H has started....

Hopefully I'll have some pictures up this afternoon.

I saw the beginning of this tank a few months ago and I was loving it before it had any water or anything else in it. The scape is great. I really love the rimless tanks.

I saw the beginning of this tank a few months ago and I was loving it before it had any water or anything else in it. The scape is great. I really love the rimless tanks.

Thanks for continuing to follow along. Since I'm already way overdue for some pictures, I'm going to hold off and take some tomorrow once I have the canister hooked up and going. Things have been looking really great overall and can honestly say I'm happy with the way the tank is coming along.

Talked to DFason on Monday evening and it sounds like we're 3 weeks (tops) from having the new fixture built and delivered. He wasn't happy with the way the anodizing turned out on the uni-body and we've decided to go a new direction with the housing all together. It's going to be an amazing unit judging by the pictures. Can't wait!!

airman_verde04
Thanks for continuing to follow along. Since I'm already way overdue for some pictures, I'm going to hold off and take some tomorrow once I have the canister hooked up and going.

:angry::rant: " Hi my Names Adam, I have a awesome tank, and equally awesome pictures and I like make all the little people wait forever for pictures because I can..bla bla bla." (J/K)

Lets get to it!! Some of us live vicariously through other peoples fish tank!! :P:bowdown:

Finally had a chance to load up the canister and hook up the Eheim 2213 Thursday. I forgot how CLEAR the water is when running carbon...even my wife glanced at the tank and had to do a double-take. Thanks again to Rehype for the ideas on what to run.

Before I get to some pictures, here are the near-term (1-3 months) plans for the tank -

- Once I have the LEDs from DFason (~2 weeks), move the last couple of corals (large Hammer, Setosa, chalice) I'm planning to keep from the 20H to this tank. Sell the rest for cheap.

- Move two False Percs into the 17g. Although I'd really like something different, I've had these two for 6 years now and can't get rid of them now :) I'll probably add some unique inverts and some small gobies.

- Lastly, I feel like in addition to the canister, the tank could really benefit from a skimmer. Depending on how much I can sell from the 20H (MP20, Remora, coral for cheap), I'm going to get a Deltec MCE300. Rather than wait until I have a sump, I can run it as an HOB for the time being and then move it to a sump in the future. I really want to use one of the MAME overflows and I know it will be a while before I can do all of that at once.

- I have some ideas already for coral in the future so I can't wait until everything falls into place. Been fun taking it slow on this tank actually.

On to the pictures....sorry they turned out a little dark.

FTS

p196287429-4.jpg

Favia

p35344558-4.jpg

Green Acro (Bonsai and browned out Pink Lemonade in back)

p318848071-4.jpg

Other side of Green Acro

p4847581-4.jpg

-Adam

Looking beautiful! I am still so undecided on these LED's I was ready to jump on the bandwagon full force for the 20H I even bought everything to build a DIY fixture, then I had second thoughts. I still can't make up my mind so for now its T5 for me, I'm sure I'll finish my light someday.

Corals are looking beautiful. A Mame overflow eh, those things sure are interesting.

Looking good. Can't wait to see the new fixture. I'm sure you'll love it.

Me too man. Dave and I have been talking back and forth about these for quite some time so i know how much thought and time he's put in. Its definitely going to be worth it. Can't wait.

Wow, how did I miss this tank??

Very nice indeed Adam!

Following along from here :)

Glas to have you following along. Things should really take off with the tank once I get the lights and get the rest of my corals moved over.

Looking beautiful! I am still so undecided on these LED's I was ready to jump on the bandwagon full force for the 20H I even bought everything to build a DIY fixture, then I had second thoughts. I still can't make up my mind so for now its T5 for me, I'm sure I'll finish my light someday.

Corals are looking beautiful. A Mame overflow eh, those things sure are interesting.

Thanks!! To be honest, Im not sure what to fully expect from the fixture. I have used MH and T5s so LEDs will be different. From the PAR readings and feedback I've gotten from Dave on the color mix that he's going to use, it's pretty stunning for such a small fixture. T5s, at least to me, offer the most flexibility of color, growth, and power consumption.

I wish the MAME overflows were just a tad cheaper...although you get what you pay for and they look like hand blown glass art opposed to some bulky piece of acrylic.

Adam

Archived