Innovative Marine Aquariums

ParanoidObseshun's 5.5 Gal AIO Reef

ParanoidObseshun

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ParanoidObseshun

It has been a while since I have mentioned anything, or posted any pictures about my tank.

My zoos are doing pretty good. My nightmares went from 2 polyps to 5 in a lil under 2 weeks.

I was getting tired of seeing all the clutter and all the frag plugs in the tank, they look real ugly and are hard to hide. So I took the zoos that were on the plugs and either popped them off or fragged off a few polyps and glued them to a bigger than a baseball size piece of live rock. I put the live rock on the left side of the tank, and removed the smaller pieces of rubble.

I removed some problem zoos that had algae on them and removed the small plate coral to my bigger tank that I redid.

Hope to have some updated pictures after my zoos stop looking pissed off, and when I get to scraping the glass again.

ParanoidObseshun

Here are some updated pictures of some of the corals in my tanks. Some were pissed off for a few days, the one filter sponge I had in the overflow wasnt cleaned in a while and I think stuff was leeching back into the tanks and really irritating some stuff. So I replaced it with a new one, added some new carbon, and a day later did a water change. Now the corals seem to be looking a lot better.

Left- Nightmares, Right- Lunars

IMG_0759.jpg

Purple Deaths

IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

Morphed Bam Bam, ever since I did a Furan-2 dip on it.

IMG_0753.jpg

Some nice PE's, have some white, purple, and light blue in them. Still irritated from doing work in the tank.

IMG_0750.jpg

My RPE Blastos

IMG_0746.jpg

ParanoidObseshun
wow, theyre all nice but how much do all these cost? (dont say $5 a frag...)

Like how much I paid for them?

yes, cuz it seems like youre getting them every month lol, and they must be cheap if you are, which means youre getting them from a source thats awesome and worth checking out lol.

I dont think I've seen such a diversity in zoas in such a small tank. i am just curious :)

ParanoidObseshun

Most of my zoas I received in trades from other hobbyists from zoos that I had and grew out. For the frags I actually bought, they were about $5-$20 per frag. Nightmares were $25 for 2 polyps which grew to 5 polyps in 2 weeks, and most of the other stuff was cheaper. So not bad compared to what I could of actually paid if I got everything from a store.

stores are out of the question, at $20 per 1" frag of GSP, and most good frags being $40 a piece they arent even worth looking at lol.

Its nice that you can find people to trade with, I guess you live in a reefer community haha. or do you do the trading via shipping?

ParanoidObseshun

I live out in the woods actually. The closest people I can trade with or buy from are about an hour away and up.

But I have gotten things shipped from people that were like an hour and a half away just because it was cheaper to ship than it was to pay for the gas to get there.

As you can see I find my ways to get good deals lol.

ParanoidObseshun

Well I got some more frags today for my nano. Picked up 4 zoas that I didn't currently have. So far I think they are Miami Vice, Whodah Cat eyes, and the other two I am not quite sure yet as I am waiting to check them out when I put them in my tank. Pictures hopefully to be added later on Monday.

ParanoidObseshun

Here are the 4 frags I got. Some of them arent the best pics as the glass is a little messy and couldnt get the colors to show that good, and some of the zoas havent settled in yet.

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0764.jpg

Mr. Microscope

Nice new zoas. You know I'm a fan!

Be careful though. Looking back at your pics on page five, it looks like some of your colors are fading. Your lunars for example. Also, it looks like that bambam and red one beneath the PD may be losing color. 'Might want to attempt some light acclimation with your new T5's.

BTW, I'm pretty sure those white ones with the green mouths are Billy Clubs. Nice find!

ParanoidObseshun

Thanks guys!

The pictures on page 5 were from when the zoas had just been introduced into my tank, within 2 hours. The bambam is a different color because at one point it had zoapox, so I gave it a dip in Furan-2. After taking it out of the dip and seeing it open back up later on that day it had developed the yellowing color, because the Furan-2 powder is a vivid yellow.

Here is a picture of an Updated FTS. Taken 10/26

IMG_0768.jpg

I think I am to about 45+ diff varieties of zoas now.

• 2 weeks later...
ParanoidObseshun

Well since I appear to be getting a lot of lookers and no replies, why not just keep adding pictures haha.

Here is a picture of my pink/silver hammer that I think I got back in June or something, not actually sure. It was one head back then

DSC_0003.jpg

Here is a picture of the hammer today. Now splitting into 4 heads.

IMG_0029.jpg

ParanoidObseshun

Haha alright.

Well today I went back to an LFS in my general area (1 1/2 hour drive to get there) and hunted out some new zoas.

I picked up 3 zoa frags all for good prices.

I picked up the Miami Vice like zoas again because last time they did good in my tank for 2 days then 2 days after that they were covered in a weird slime and melted. Hoping they do good this time, they have nice color to them.

I picked up another frag that had like 8-10 polyps, have a nice teal green centers but not sure what they are yet as I havent seen them fully open yet.

I then picked up a frag of Yellow Jackets! It was a good price and I just couldnt pass it up. Kinda excited about that one.

Will have pictures hopefully tomorrow after they get situated and opened up, and after I clean my glass.

ParanoidObseshun

Here are pictures of the new zoas I got yesterday. I just put them in the tank this morning.

Miami Vice. Hard to catch the pink in the center. They need to color up a bit still

IMG_0036.jpg

Some that I am not quite sure of yet, waiting for them to open up fully

IMG_0037-1.jpg

Yellow Jacket. 1 adult polyp and you can see a baby forming directly underneath it.

IMG_0035.jpg

Then I picked these up a week or two back, but really didnt start opening up until several days ago. Because they are on the back of a clam and he kept trying to move around the tank and was bumping them into rocks and the glass.

IMG_0044.jpg

ParanoidObseshun

You can see the back of the clam in the last picture there. In between the 2 zoas u see a dark brown line, thats where the 2 halfs join, as for getting a good picture of it I am not sure. After walking across multiple zoa frags over half of my tank it has finally found a spot and grabbed onto the rock so I cant see the face of it anymore.

Archived