Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

ParanoidObseshun's 5.5 Gal AIO Reef

ParanoidObseshun

ParanoidObseshun

Well I think I am going to go to a couple LFS tomorrow and maybe pick up some stuff. Looking for some CUC for my other tank, and maybe find some frags or an inhabitant for this tank.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ParanoidObseshun

Temporary still working on that pod crap lol.

But I got something for the algae.

IMG_0347.jpg

and a few frags that I will put up once they open.

ParanoidObseshun

I forgot to check if the emerald was a male or female before I put it into the tank. But whatever it is its doing a good job so far. Ive already noticed a few strands of bryopsis gone in the part of the tank its been hanging out in.

Here are pictures of the 3 frags I got the other day.

IMG_0363-1.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

There are 4 different zoos on this rock. Hard to get a picture of the nice ones as they are ontop and on the far side.

IMG_0353.jpg

Then here is a picture of pink and gold zoos ive had for a while. They recently have been taking off in growth.

IMG_0359.jpg

ParanoidObseshun

Here are some more pics of some of my new frags.

IMG_0385-2.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0411-1.jpg

IMG_0397-1.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0378-1.jpg

IMG_0372-1.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0402-1.jpg

Emerald Crab. She does remove some of the bryopsis in my tank.

IMG_0395.jpg

ParanoidObseshun

Got 2 new frags today. Saw them and couldnt pass them up.

Happy People Eater

IMG_0422.jpg

Blastomussa Wellsi

IMG_0421.jpg

nice stuff. the emerald will really help keep the rockwork spotless from algae. I have a male emerald and he does a great job. interested in hearing how a female will do so that we can decide if one is better than the other or sex doesnt matter when getting a mythrax for your tank. (because i heard that it matters. Personally i do not believe it yet.)

ParanoidObseshun

The female emerald has been doing pretty good. She mostly sticks to the right side of the tank and keeps it clean. At times I see her over on the left, but doesnt touch much when she is over there.

I put a frag in the tank earlier today and it had some GHA on the top of it. I came back 4 minutes later and saw her walking away from a super clean frag.

New frags are very pretty.

How good is the flow in your tank?

I ask because it seems as if all the rock in your tank might cause dead areas (flow-wise) in some places.

ParanoidObseshun

The flow in my tank is pretty good. The flow is a little heavier in the front left, but with the angle of it it pushes the water to the right side and around the back of the rock. Everything in my tank seems to be swaying in the flow and havent noticed any dead spots.

ParanoidObseshun

Well the wall hammer and bubble coral had a short stay in this tank. Just took up to much space that I needed. Put some frags that couldnt fit on the sandbed in their spots. I chose to get rid of the bubble again because if it fell on any of my other corals something would have probably died as I am not around during the day to quickly move it if it was to get knocked over.

alfiefive

i love your zoanthids. nice pictures and super attractive. i think i see a blasto colony somewhere in the last few pics? i want!

ParanoidObseshun
i love your zoanthids. nice pictures and super attractive. i think i see a blasto colony somewhere in the last few pics? i want!

Thanks! I am always searching for cool zoas and have come across some nice ones lately. Yeah I just picked up that merletti frag. Theres about 10 heads, has a real neon green center. Hoping to get more blastos soon to lol.

Oh ya those blastos are nice.

Thanks! Yeah they are real cool. I like the bright centers. Like I wrote above im hoping to come across some other nice colors at the end of this week.

ParanoidObseshun

haha thanks kazooie. Yeah I saw your tread with the new touches. Looks like its coming along nicely.

Archived