Coral Vue Hydros

ParanoidObseshun's 5.5 Gal AIO Reef

ParanoidObseshun

ParanoidObseshun

Possibly pickin up a frag or two tomorrow. Depending on what catches my eye, what I dont already have, and what will fit still lol. Then in the next day or two I really have to secure some pieces to the rocks in order to clean up the sandbed a little.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ParanoidObseshun

Got 3 new frags. Will get pictures once they open up some more. Kind of annoyed them when I was relocating some of the other corals.

ParanoidObseshun

Picked up 2 zoa frags and 2 heads of blasto wellsi.

The first frag of zoas has been getting crawled all over so they arent really open enough to get a picture.

Here is the 2nd frag I got. A small zoa with beige and bright pink with a dark center and pink speckles.

IMG_0541-1.jpg

Here is the blastomussa I got.

IMG_0544.jpg

Here is the merletti I got like 2 weeks back under actinics.

IMG_0543.jpg

Here is my Magician, as time goes on the center blueish/pale green speckles are filling in and covering more of the face.

IMG_0536.jpg

Haha not really sure what that means

I'm expressing my love for the corals/tank. It's a term usually used for food and food related pictures/videos/comments, therefor, I was saying that your corals/tank looked good enough to eat. And since I am a picky eater, then that is a great compliment. Geez, get with the program. :lol:

ParanoidObseshun

haha thanks. Didnt think nom nom nom and corals would go together. You know, possibly dieing from it and all lol.

ParanoidObseshun

I think I'll pass, let you take the ball on that lol.

Well today I did my usual LFS friday trips and I came home with some stuff. I saw the corals and couldnt pass them up. I got 3 zoa frags and an acan frag. Will post pictures sometime tomorrow. I really need to start glueing things to rocks lol, need to cleanup the sandbed clutter.

ParanoidObseshun

Here are the new additions.

Acan Echinata

IMG_0556.jpg

3 new zoa frags, only was able to get pictures of the 2 because the last one is still aggrivated.

IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_0557.jpg

ParanoidObseshun

Alright, I moved the small frogspawn that was in the sandbed and superglued it into an open crevice in the big rock on the right side, so its basically side by side the other small frogspawn of the same color.

I did this because I was finally able to clear up some of the sandbed and unclutter some of the zoanthids until I find a permanent place for most of them.

* zoa update-

Lunar eclipses went from 5 polyps to about 13+, the Happy PE is starting to form another polyp, the red hornets still arent opening completely but are still looking good, and all the other zoas are doing good.

• 4 weeks later...
ParanoidObseshun

Thanks guys!

Well I went to the LFS again and got a thing or two. I bought a new coral that ive had my eye on for a while, and then bought a damsel for the tank.

Thanks guys!

Well I went to the LFS again and got a thing or two. I bought a new coral that ive had my eye on for a while, and then bought a damsel for the tank.

<_< Damsels suck lol.

ParanoidObseshun

Yeah not a real fan of damsels, but I saw the velvet damsel and it was just the right size "small". Within minutes of being introduced he destroyed the pods on the glass.

Here is a picture of the new addition.

IMG_0622.jpg

oh you got the velvet? I'm alright with those. Those are the only damsels that I find bearable. However I hear that they are aggressive little #$@&s. But you shouldn't have any issues. Not like you could fit another fish in there even if you wanted lol

ParanoidObseshun

haha glad you approve. Yeah this guy will be the lone occupant, along with the snails and crabs. Really tempted to get the emerald crab and take a shoe to him if my plate coral doesnt rebound.

• 2 weeks later...
ParanoidObseshun

Updated FTS and some pics.

IMG_0642.jpg

IMG_0649.jpg

IMG_0647.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

Also in the process of buying some corals online. Already purchased some blastos, but waiting to see what other stuff I want to make the shipping worth while. Probably will get them mid next week.

ParanoidObseshun

Thanks Racechase!

Well I bought some corals online. I should be getting them sometime tomorrow. 3 different kinds of blastos and a small elegance. Elegance will not be going in this tank though, just bought it cuz it was cheap and helped balance out the cost of shipping.

ParanoidObseshun

Here is a picture of my red hornets, they are finally opening up more and have popped out a few babies.

IMG_0688-1.jpg

Here is an update on the new corals.

My sweet new blasto. Still opening up.

IMG_0689.jpg

Archived