Coral Vue Hydros

ParanoidObseshun's 5.5 Gal AIO Reef

ParanoidObseshun

ParanoidObseshun

Well after a while I finally got some night time shots of my tank. I was limited on what I could take pictures of as I had to hold the camera perfectly still as I left the shutter open for a few seconds so enough light was able to be captured. I have a single led light over the top of my tank that acts as my lunar light.

All these pictures were taken 4 hours after the lights went out.

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ParanoidObseshun
tank looks amazing. those wow palys and the green/yellows are sick. in love!

Thanks Badfish! Its nice to get comments about my tank. Would be nice to see others opinions too, but what can ya do! lol

Here is an Updated FTS. Moved a few things around, added a piece or two, and removed some rocks to get rid of some of the red macro that was taking over some of the rocks.

Taken Aug 26th

IMG_0451.jpg

Wow look at all those zoas. Zoas heaven! Lol good job P! Glad see it's all growing out for you. I like that baby frogspawn

ParanoidObseshun
Wow! The tank looks so much bigger than a 5.5! I love how all the zoas are grown out too :)

Thanks Yoshi. Some of them have been taking off pretty quick.

Wow look at all those zoas. Zoas heaven! Lol good job P! Glad see it's all growing out for you. I like that baby frogspawn

Haha your right about the zoas, I think I have about 35 different kinds of zoas currently, and adding new ones when I can. That baby frogspawn has come a long way, started out like a pencil lead skeleton, and slowly opened up and eating pellets. Now its getting big and I hafta watch out what I put next to it because its been melting the skirts on some of my zoas.

This reef is killer! I love the highlights with the trumpets on top. Really coming along well!

Thanks Microscope! Those trumpets started out looking fairly sad when I got them. But after two weeks they started to inflate a little bit, and ever since then they have been getting bigger and multiplying like crazy. Had 15 heads originally, now I have about 37. They have finally developed a nice color too. Were very pale yellow when I got them, now they have a powder green with a little yellow on the heads, and have a yellow mouth.

ParanoidObseshun

Well I had to take out another rock a few days ago and scrape the algae off of it. It came in on some frags I bought a while back and spread onto a rock or two. I've had to remove the frags and tweeze. PITA

On a better note I think I will be getting some more zoas in my tank in the next few days here. Had my eye on getting some VDM's, and while I'm at the store I am going to carefully inspect the $10 frag tank, looking for other nice small colonies of zoas that I dont yet have.

I think I am currently at 38 or so different zoas in this tank, and would like to get it above 40 :P haha

do weet! :)

i did it but it was not zoas but now i have totally 40 acans mini colonies. lol you'll see in september soon! :D

ParanoidObseshun
do weet! :)

i did it but it was not zoas but now i have totally 40 acans mini colonies. lol you'll see in september soon! :D

Nice zoa collection you have there.

Thanks guys!!

Well I went to 2 stores yesterday and picked up some new frags. I got 7 new zoa frags, not really anything fancy, just ones I dont have yet. I bet they will change colors after being in my tank for a week or more so I will be getting starting pictures of them once they get acclimated and open nicely.

I also picked up a frag of Pagoda cup, Why?, I'm not really sure, it was only $3 for a golfball size chunk so I decided to try it out. Probably will put it in a different tank though.

ParanoidObseshun

Well here are some initial pictures of a few of the zoa frags I got. Most are 3/4 of the way open, was only about an hour or so after acclimating, dipping, and placing in the tank.

This pink just pops like crazy! Had to cut the frag in two because it was too big. Other half went in my other tank.

IMG_0492.jpg

Some type of PE polyps. Have the green mouth and watermelon markings on the heads. 1/2 of the original frag. other same size piece I put in another tank.

IMG_0491.jpg

Another type of PE polyp. Colors kind of resembles monster lips on coralpedia. Time will tell though what will come. Has about 9 polyps on this piece, and the piece I broke off has close to 10 or more polyps as well.

IMG_0488.jpg

Very bright Orange/reddish zoa. The guy said VDM, but they appear to lean more towards K.O Nightmares somewhat.... Time will also tell.

IMG_0481.jpg

The other frags are still in the process of opening and arent in the best spot to get good pictures of. Will try to in the next few days here.

ParanoidObseshun

Well I think Im going to be making a decent change to the tank in the next few days. I am selling off the purple candy canes on the left side, the red and green ones on the right side, and half or more of my colony of the yellow and green candy canes ontop.

I will be adding some of my zoas to the rock on the left side, and put my old kryptonite cany canes in the spot of the red and green ones. On the top of the tank I will be removing that whole candy cane colony, and putting the part I dont sell into another tank. I will then add a few more pieces of rubble rock to the top there and create another place to put several of my zoas.

Just feel like those corals take up a lot of space for just 1 kind. So I will be expanding the amount of zoas up on the rocks, and hopefully freeing up my sandbed a little bit, but in time I will probably have more zoas down there too lol.

Well I think Im going to be making a decent change to the tank in the next few days. I am selling off the purple candy canes on the left side, the red and green ones on the right side, and half or more of my colony of the yellow and green candy canes ontop.

I will be adding some of my zoas to the rock on the left side, and put my old kryptonite cany canes in the spot of the red and green ones. On the top of the tank I will be removing that whole candy cane colony, and putting the part I dont sell into another tank. I will then add a few more pieces of rubble rock to the top there and create another place to put several of my zoas.

Just feel like those corals take up a lot of space for just 1 kind. So I will be expanding the amount of zoas up on the rocks, and hopefully freeing up my sandbed a little bit, but in time I will probably have more zoas down there too lol.

The other tank you are placing corals in is it a reef or frag tank?

Its a 20 gal reef tank. Just has random corals and frags placed here and there.

That's the nice part of having a pico easier to fill it with coral seems like it takes forever to fill larger tanks . This one is looking great with the zoes .

ParanoidObseshun
That's the nice part of having a pico easier to fill it with coral seems like it takes forever to fill larger tanks . This one is looking great with the zoes .

Thanks!

ParanoidObseshun

Well tomorrow the tank will be going through some changes for sure. I have already fragged up my candy canes I had in the top of my tank and will be selling them off tomorrow morning. I have about 10 heads left and I will probably move them over to my other tank. I sold the red and green candy canes and purple candy canes that were on either side. I will probably bring back my kryptonite candy canes into this tank as it was something that really popped.

I will be breaking up some rock I have in my other tank and adding small rubble pieces to the top where the candy cane was. Then taking most of the zoas off of the sand and placing them onto the newly freed up space.

Thats the plan for now. Will update with pictures when I can.

ParanoidObseshun

Here is an Updated FTS from today, September 14th. I seem to have a lot of open space now since Ive started to go the mostly Zoanthid route. Guess I need to pick some more up soon. lol

IMG_0553.jpg

Here are some close ups of some zoas.

IMG_0542.jpg

These guys look like lunars when they are young, but when they mature they develop a gold dusting all over the face. Real neat looking.

IMG_0541.jpg

Like the color of these guys, hoping they start growing soon, just waiting for them to get established.

ParanoidObseshun

Well today I added 2 more zoa frags to my tank. I will add pictures of them later after they acclimate and open up more in my tank. I fragged some of the zoas in my tank and did a swap with another hobbyist to get these. Its nice to do a straight up trade and not have to dish out any cash lol.

On another note I picked up a Coralife dual T5HO 36" 39 watt unit at petco this weekend. It was on clearance for $42 so I couldnt pass up the deal! Not sure what Im going to do with it now, probably just put it somewhere until I find a use for it.

ParanoidObseshun

New Zoas that I picked up today

Purple Nedulas

IMG_0667.jpg

Pink and Gold Palys, need their pink to come back a bit.

IMG_0664.jpg

Purple Deaths

IMG_0663.jpg

Nightmare Palys

IMG_0661.jpg

Archived