ReefCleaners.org

ParanoidObseshun's 5.5 Gal AIO Reef

ParanoidObseshun

ParanoidObseshun
awesome

Thanks! I plan to hopefully get a few more varieties of Zoas in my tank in the next few weeks here.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ParanoidObseshun
awsome tank, im a little jealous

Haha thanks man!

I had to frag 2 polyps out of one of my colonies because it appeared they were being irritated by a tube worm inside the rock, and were remaining partially closed for some time. So I cut off the individual polyps and mounted them to rubble. Will have to see how they took to the cutting in the next few days.

ParanoidObseshun

Well I think I will be adding some more zoas here into the tank in the next week or so. Plan on adding several more,,,, I hope lol.

Pseudo%20Hornets.jpg

I sould be getting some of these guys.

I also really wanted to add some Magicians and WoW's but I havent figured that part out yet.

ParanoidObseshun

Well today I did a 2 gal water change and a glass scrape, and I decided to move some corals out of this tank and put them into my other ones. I just needed to make some more room for the zoas and small frogspawns.

I removed the purple/green/white acans and the kryptonite candy cane. I really didnt want to remove the kryptonite because of the intense color it adds to my tank, but it was just getting too big for the spot it was in.

I will probably end up fragging it soon, just gotta wait till the tissue splits between the two halves. Each half has about 4 heads now, when I got it there were just about 2 on each side.

Maybe I'll add an updated FTS soon, but since nothing really extreme changed I might wait until next week when I hope to add some new smaller frags.

Also should be adding a koralia nano soon to add some more flow to the tank. If I can find a discrete spot for it.

ParanoidObseshun

Well, I am a little pissed today as I was supposed to be getting my colony of African Blue Hornets/Steel. It was shipped on the 26th from Philly and was supposed to be to me today the 27th. As what UPS ground was supposed to do. But UPS screwed up and apparently it didnt even leave the Hub or whatever in Philly. Now it is supposed to be delivered tomorrow, a day later than what it should have been here. Hopefully everything will still be ok with the zoas.

they should be fine

my tip to you is as soon as you open the bag of water with the zoa, put a little bit of Prime water conditioner in there ASAP to detoxify ammonia and even nitrite. mostly its going to be ammonia buildup in that bag that may kill them.

ParanoidObseshun
they should be fine

my tip to you is as soon as you open the bag of water with the zoa, put a little bit of Prime water conditioner in there ASAP to detoxify ammonia and even nitrite. mostly its going to be ammonia buildup in that bag that may kill them.

Alright, sounds good. I'll have it setup right by my tank to take care of it once I get them in.

ParanoidObseshun

Well I got the zoas on Wednesday, a day late. When I took the package from the UPS guy I felt something that would worry anyone. The box was wet. So I went right up to the tank and cut the box open to find the bag empty of water and the rock split in two pieces. It appeard that UPS beat the Sh!t out of the box as the bag had leaked and the live rock the zoas was on was broken. I quickly took the zoas out of the bag and they were still a litte damp. So I put them in some water let them sit for a bit.

They have been in the tank since wednesday night and still have yet to open up, but they have not melted away. So I am hoping that in the next few days I will start to see some of them open up. They are in an area of good flow and low to medium light until they start opening.

Keeping fingers crossed as I want these to recover.

ParanoidObseshun

Well the African blue hornets/steel have yet to open up. But the good news is that I got some new frags for the tank the other day. And here they are!

Magicians

IMG_0251.jpg

WOW palys

IMG_0255.jpg

ParanoidObseshun

I was looking in the tank today and caught an asternia starfish catching a ride on the back of one of the stomatella snails. Guess it was an easier way of getting around. lol

IMG_0260.jpg

ParanoidObseshun

Well the past few days I have been doing a few things with this tank, did a Furan-2 dip on a couple of my zoa frags as I saw the signs of zoapox on them and they appeared to be a little irritated. The ones I did dip look like they are doing better and opening up more.

Then I had 3 frags of zoas that looked like they werent fully opening, but didnt have zoapox.

They were my Aftershock Zoas (orange and blue) and my Jade ring zoas.

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

So I thought that maybe they werent happy with the lighting in that spot.

Well since I dont have a lot of open rock space to place multiples frags I grabbed a couple of suction cupped heater rings and stuck them on the right side of the tank about 3/4 of the way up. I placed the frag plugs inside each of the rings and gave them a little while to see if they agreed with the move. I checked back about an hour or so later and they have opened up a lot more than what they were on the bottom.

So I think that this was their main problem, now I just have to find a way to incorporate them into the upper rockwork, but considering all the stuff I have up there I might have to do more rescaping or something to accomodate the frags that like to be at that height.

I love those zoas man, sorry to hear about the pox though. Yeah, all my zoos love the intense light from the LED. Maybe get a little frag rack?

ParanoidObseshun
I love those zoas man, sorry to hear about the pox though. Yeah, all my zoos love the intense light from the LED. Maybe get a little frag rack?

Thanks man, yeah I dont know where the pox came from, but heard it can pop up unexpectedly. No big deal, got the ones out that have it and treated them and they seem to be doing better. I was thinking about a frag rack. Just need to get my hands on either egg crate or a thin piece of acrylic that I could drill.

Thanks man, yeah I dont know where the pox came from, but heard it can pop up unexpectedly. No big deal, got the ones out that have it and treated them and they seem to be doing better. I was thinking about a frag rack. Just need to get my hands on either egg crate or a thin piece of acrylic that I could drill.

Thats great to hear. I have some random pieces of 1/4" and 1/8" acrylic if you want it. I could probably fit a piece in an envelope for a stamp or two.

ParanoidObseshun

Today I went upstairs and moved some frags around a lil and everything was doing well. I went back up about an hour later and I find my War Paint Clown Goby dead. SOB!! White as ever and an asternia starfish and my nassarius snail picking at him. I dont know how it happened or when, but it kinda sucks as he was actually starting to warm up a lot more to me, and to coming out in the open. I had a good run with him though as it might have been somewhere around 7 months in the tank. Sad to see him go.

ParanoidObseshun

Here are some updated FTS and individual coral shots that I took today. Things appear to be doing quite well and growing nicely which keeps me happy haha.

FTS

IMG_0325.jpg

Here is a picture of the right side.

IMG_0296-1.jpg

Just some new pics of the recent zoas, Magicians and WoW's

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

Baby Frogspawns. Started as pencil lead size skeletons that broke off the mother colony.

IMG_0309.jpg

From the same mother colony, but broke off a couple weeks sooner, and seems to be growing a lot quicker.

IMG_0323.jpg

RPE frag, bottom head on right is 2 conjoined polyps

IMG_0314.jpg

Pink with silver tip hammer. Starting to split into 3 heads.

IMG_0345.jpg

Kedds Reds

IMG_0346.jpg

Zombie eyes, had zoapox a while back and shrunk and closed, after treatment they are looking a lot nicer and starting to pop out babies.

IMG_0324.jpg

Deadpool colony

IMG_0312.jpg

Zoa ledge in the top right of the tank.

IMG_0334.jpg

My morphed orange zoas. Parents still have the same coloring and patterns as before. The baby has the same color skirt and the white splotches, but has a dark grey, almost black color behind the white.

IMG_0348.jpg

ParanoidObseshun

I got some new Zoas/Palys for my tank a few days ago. Just waiting for them to get used to my tank before I get pictures. I got some Ding Dang PE palys, and some mohawks.

Also recently I have seen some new zoas starting to pop out of my WoW/purple hooter palys, and multiple new ones growing on my deadpool colonies, as well as RPE.

ParanoidObseshun

Well today I did a little cleaning in my tank. I took out the rocks on the left side and scrubbed all the red kelp like algae that was spreading all over it. It was a pita from the beginning and I couldnt take it anymore, wanted to make it look cleaner.

That took a while alone to try to get each piece out, and then I chipped off the back portion of the bottom rock so it would free up some space between the zoas on the bottom and the glass.

I got a picture of the new zoa/paly I added the other day. Ding Dang PE's

IMG_0363.jpg

ParanoidObseshun

Well, after being away for several days "took a visit to the Baltimore Aquarium" I came back to see my tank with some new growth. So after some glass scraping and a water change I took some new pictures.

My Orange frogspawn starting to get pretty big, compared to what it used to be.

IMG_0371.jpg

Some nice zoas I got a while back, Purple and yellow mix

IMG_0374.jpg

2 new heads growing on my purple hooter/wow plays.

IMG_0368.jpg

Other small zoas.

IMG_0388.jpg

My Blastos. Found a similar one online called a PPE Blasto, but mine looks red, so possibly a RPE Blasto. Already forming multiple new heads.

IMG_0378.jpg

Some Aqua blue and Lime Green Palys, growing quick.

IMG_0385-1.jpg

Another one of my small orange frogspawns, at the point where it was changing colors, can see a little green in the tentacles.

IMG_0372.jpg

Some Blue and green zoas, African Blue Steels/Hornets below it.

IMG_0390.jpg

Some other Palys. Have orange spikes with a green center.

IMG_0397.jpg

Some of the Mohawk Zoas I got a couple weeks back. Must have been stressed and damaged in travel and have just started to open up nicely.

IMG_0393.jpg

A view in from the right side of my tank. Kinda hard to see as I dont usually scrape this side so there is some algae blocking the view.

IMG_0402.jpg

Archived