Innovative Marine Aquariums

ParanoidObseshun's 5.5 Gal AIO Reef

ParanoidObseshun

ParanoidObseshun

Well I got another frag for my 5.5 gal. I have been looking to get blastos for some time now, and I recently stumbled across this one and got it. I really like the coloring on it.

IMG_0118.jpg

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mbarton2010

you should really take that plate coral off the plug. they need to be on the bottomof the tank or on sand, never a plug

you know you seem to amounting a rather troublesome variety of zoas and paly, i'll gladly take some off your hands and make your life easier :P

cool new stuff.

ParanoidObseshun
Awesome! What is that one called? Very nice zoa!

I don't think they have a name. I agree with you, I think this is a sweet looking zoanthid and I am glad to have it. I put them into my tank maybe 3+ weeks back if not a lil more. They came into my tank looking like this.

DSC_0017.jpg

After a week or so underneath my T5H0 lighting they started changing a little bit and then looked like this.

IMG_0062.jpg

Here is a picture that I just took today.

IMG_0158.jpg

There is a baby or two popping up on these, as you can see a baby on the left side. I am going to wait until that gets close to adult size to see if the pattern turns out the same, and that it isnt just a fluke. If they do develop the same pattern I will probably try to think of a neat name for them and maybe submit them to Coralpedia/Coralvault.

ParanoidObseshun

Well during feeding tonight my war paint clown goby decided to watch me like a hawk.

IMG_0166-1.jpg

ParanoidObseshun

Thanks guys!

At first the goby would hide in the back corner where I was never able to see him, after a while he started warming up and hiding underneath some mushrooms on the right side. Now he has claimed the yellow/green candy cane as his home.

i love those zoas! we are definately gonna have to set up a trade. and the war paint looks like he is ready to murder in your sleep. lol, i would watch out!

ParanoidObseshun

Haha, yeah my Goby watches me if I start messing with the tank. If my finger goes in to move something he will come up and nibble on it thinking I'm putting food in there. He even jumps above the water line to take food off the turkey baster. Definitely a bold lil guy lol

ParanoidObseshun

Here are some closeup shots of some of the zoas in my tank that might not have been able to be seen so well in the larger tank shots.

AfterShock Zoa

IMG_0198.jpg

Jade Rings

IMG_0195.jpg

Zombie Eyes

IMG_0179.jpg

Lunars possibly, speckled centers

IMG_0181.jpg

Not quite sure, bright green with purple center

IMG_0186.jpg

Have some more zoas to take pictures of, but because of snails and hermit crabs crawling over them at the time I wasnt able to get pictures. I need to take some of those frags out and pick off the hair algae that came in on them. Clean it up a lil and make it easier for the zoas to spread.

thats bryopsis right there. picking may not help. be prepared for a possible war.

otherwise those zoas are looking great!

ParanoidObseshun

I took the frags out and tried to clean off the bryopsis as best I could, and I got off most of it. I guess I will have to continually do that every week or so until I either cut the zoas off the plugs, or they overgrow it. Going to be a PITA lol

ParanoidObseshun
man you have a nice variation of corals, especially zoas.

some wicked morphs goin on

Thanks! Im glad to see how some of the zoas morphed, its like having multiple little focal points all over the place lol.

When I get that type of algie I drop ln a blue leg hermit to help clean it up then out he goes back to the biger tank

ParanoidObseshun

I have 2 blue leg hermits in this tank, dont think they have noticed the algae though.

ParanoidObseshun

Here are a few more pictures of some of my zoas in this tank.

Radioactive Dragon Eyes

IMG_0211.jpg

Some small blue and green zoas

IMG_0207.jpg

Puple and yellow zoa

IMG_0217.jpg

ParanoidObseshun

Well since I always seem to have pictures to post up on here. Why not keep pictures coming!

I just wanted to show some growth shots on a thing or two I have had in this nano for a while. Always nice to see the progress of corals!

Here is a mini colony of yellowish/green with neon yellow mouth candy cane that I got back in the end of January.

S5030743.jpg

Here is the same colony now as it looks today.

IMG_0220.jpg

I am pretty sure that each individual head from the begining has split into two, and a few have split more than that.

Here is one of the first frags I put in this tank. Purple, orange, and brown skirt zoas. Started with about 16 polyps in the beginning of January. You can see it on the left side of the cave opening in the center.

S5030727.jpg

Here is the picture that I took today. It has not been moved from that spot since day 1, and considering the growth of it, I will not be able to move it. I have made a few frags of these as they quickly grew onto frag rocks nearby them and multiples polyps came off each time.

IMG_0227.jpg

These are growing crazy and keep spreading through my tank, taking up valuable space for other frags lol.

Here are some other pictures of stuff in my tank.

That purple and yellow zoa I posted the other day, but a closer cleaner look at it.

IMG_0224.jpg

and then a picture of my Nuclear green colony, of about 10 polyps, with some babies coming in slowly.

IMG_0231.jpg

Archived