Coral Vue Hydros

Chase's 8.4 gallon LED Pico

racechase

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we must setup a trade or something. im trading with badfish for his monti cap... idk what i could offer you though...

i feel like overnight shipping on one frag would be very not worth it :P i also have a red mille mini colony and some eagle eyes im trying to get rid of.

hm well i am interested in those too (i already have a few eagle eye frags but wth, ill take it lol)

do you want to do a trade or do you want to just sell them to me?

New acan

P1010012-9.jpg

Big ol shroom

P1010010-4.jpg

Birdsnest not doing so hot :(

P1010009-9.jpg

Twig SPS doing pretty nice

P1010008-7.jpg

Red mille doing just fine :)

P1010006-1.jpg

FTS where you can see the big monti i got for free, it was kinda bleached tho :/

P1010003-5.jpg

Anyone know where i can get both a 1" bulkhead and some lock-line parts from the same store? My ghetto PVC return isnt cutting it :P

i hope u did just throw that birdnest in there right under the LEDs.

i know their cheap and known to be hardy but they will bleach if done too fast.

i know this from experience. had to move it to the edge of the LED lights before i got better.

also it became dark pink which looks better then faded pink.

I moved it down a bit, its like 2 inches lower than it was for a few days. if it doesnt like that, I'll keep it going! it was right under a MH at the LFS i thought maybe it would be okay

Haha thanks man :) LED is awesome, idk why i ever second guessed it!

im just worried about mounting it over the tank.

what did you end up using for power supplies?

Thank you :) its actually some sort of dip dish. I got it from the cupboard, dont tell my mom :P

Also ordered a 8.7 X 5.9 X 2.3 black ABS plastic box and a Hard Drive fan to mount my LED in :) I figured I had to enclose the wires and ghetto tape so I can take this thing to college and not get busted by the fire inspector :P

I got some zoa's in the mail from a friend yesterday and they've yet to open.

Here they are in a tank with old PC's and bad water

2dvrl4.jpg

Here they are now, all closed up. Do you guys think they will make it?

P1010007-8.jpg

they will certainly make it. i have those, i think they ar called nuclear greens (not the paly) zoas. they've melted on my twice, coming back strong each time. they go zoa pox twice in my tank, they really hate being poked and prodded and they sometimes will get pox just from that kind of stress :(

but they are very resilient and from a few polyps you will get a big colony in no time. they appreciate lower light, as in settled on the sand or bottom but no it the shade. they are also slow to open and are generally irritated by a lot of things at first, but just give them time and they will all open and grow nicely :)

in my tank they are the colony at the front, right most side. thats if you're interested :P

Thanks for the inspiration newman :) i looked at them in your tank, they look great! Should i put them in the shadow of the rock? or jsut leave them on the sand

Archived