Coral Vue Hydros

Chase's 8.4 gallon LED Pico

racechase

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone recommend a table/nightstand I can buy from target/wal-mart/amazon that will hold my 8 gallon tank? I'm moving in a week and I need a table... :wacko:

Can anyone recommend a table/nightstand I can buy from target/wal-mart/amazon that will hold my 8 gallon tank? I'm moving in a week and I need a table... :wacko:

I find that most bedroom grade night stands will hold a pico of that size. If you can sit on it and it remains sturdy, it's pretty good to go. IMO, wood will serve you better. A standard end table from rooms to go is holding up my ADA 63 liter with no problems at all. For like $50 at PetsMart, I have a boodshelf/aquarium stand that currently holds my 8g. I've put a 10g and a 20g on cheapie two-shelf bookshelf from office depot. Does this help with regard to options?

By the way, neat thread. Just finished reading it.

llj

Yeah thats what i was thinking. Unfortunately i couldn't find ANY night stands under $50 in my town that had dimensions greater than 14" wide. So i got this, it looks pretty stable. I'm using a wire rack (although 10x bigger) to hold up my breeding tanks and its going great so far.

Tank and I move to Gainesville in 4 days... preparations are commencing!

Yeah thats what i was thinking. Unfortunately i couldn't find ANY night stands under $50 in my town that had dimensions greater than 14" wide. So i got this, it looks pretty stable. I'm using a wire rack (although 10x bigger) to hold up my breeding tanks and its going great so far.

Tank and I move to Gainesville in 4 days... preparations are commencing!

Funny, I was thinking how cool one of these would be for a tank. 'Chef islands/trolleys' I think they are also known as.

if you dont need it to be a night stand ive found some great stands were actually supposed to be dvd rack stands, all wooden ones of course and a full length door, also there is always what i used from wal mart its a bathroom linen cabinet, it has a drawer and large door, it was perfect for my pico. lastly there are alot of pre fabbed kitchen cupboard cabinets that can be easily modified to look stunning as a small tank stand, for instance look at the one that was used by the member who made the thread (7.5 gallon walk around) on the first page here in the pico section.

just my 2 cents :)

thanks but i already bought that cart.

i didn't lose a single frag in the move :) hopefully i can find a good fish in the next week now

• 3 months later...

Archived