Cultivated Reef

Chase's 8.4 gallon LED Pico

racechase

something-similar-to-kryptonite zoas looking better :)

P1010014-7.jpg

I fragged the unknown SPS.. its been growing pretty fast. Anyone have an idea what it is yet?

P1010004-9.jpg

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So i got my reefs2go order today....

<_<

My experience with them is okay at best. They didnt include my pompom (the only reason I ordered from them) crab due to "health related issues" but sent my order out anyway without notifying me. I've seen that excuse around before, I feel like they just dont have them in stock. I now have a credit to the website.

When i got the box today i thought awesome this styrobox is a good sign. But no, inside the box were two freezing ice packs that had the box at about 50 degrees. All of the bags were frigid when i pulled them out, there was about 4 ounces of water in each bag, and most everything looked dead.

I acclimated the snails and the scarlet crabs first (these are the biggest friggin scarlets ive seen in my life, theyre the size of golf balls) and they actually survived. The zoas i have no idea, they dont look too horrible, but they smell something fierce and were the coldest bag. They did give me 3 extra ceriths though, so thats cool.

I give them a 7 out of 10 so far..

Well i sent them a rather lengthy email. Hopefully i'll get my money back (into my paypal account, not as store credit) for the crab I didnt receive.

I hope the zoas make it too, that bag was so cold :(

I also shouldnt be talking too much smack about them, the ceriths and nassarius snails i got i'm pretty happy with.

The crabs and zoas however dont make me very happy.

Oh yeah, I did open a paypal dispute to show that i'm serious about getting my money back...

Well in my book (fwiw) you have a right to talk smack. You didn't get what you paid for. And had to take extra measures to get your money back.

Well i sent them a rather lengthy email. Hopefully i'll get my money back (into my paypal account, not as store credit) for the crab I didnt receive.

I hope the zoas make it too, that bag was so cold :(

I also shouldnt be talking too much smack about them, the ceriths and nassarius snails i got i'm pretty happy with.

The crabs and zoas however dont make me very happy.

Oh yeah, I did open a paypal dispute to show that i'm serious about getting my money back...

Here are the zoas i got. Looking good, they kind of resemble those red ring knockoff's

P1010010-6.jpg

Filling up my frag rack :)

P1010014-8.jpg

and because I can ;)

P1010015-4.jpg

Cool frags,

what can you tell me about them? I am still reluctant to dive into SPS , I want my tank to mature way more. So i haven't really paid much attention to how SPS are cared for what the names are, etc...

I have a 10g in my garage, I am hoping to one day set up for coral, including SPS

Friar

SPS are actually really easy once you research them a bit. I didnt give my tank much time to mature, but you might want yours to mature more because its so small. Their biggest need is clean water and strong lighting.

:) :)

P1010003-9.jpg

I knocked a nub of the bottom and stood the rock up. I think i like it better :)

Anyway, I'm moving in 2 days, 8 hours :o I have 4 gallons of saltwater mixing right now, and I plan to siphon out and keep about 4 gallons so I should be okay. The corals will be bagged up and put inside an insulated box for the trip. I took all of the frags off of the rock so there shouldnt be any problemos. This should be fun :P

9 hours till we roll out :eek:

Do you guys think its safe to put the rock in the bucket and the frags/inverts in their bags tonight? I feel like it is since it's kind of like I'm "overnight" shipping it, but I know I'll be much more careful than UPS :P

Also, I have flatworms -_-

So do I. Get yourself some airline tubing & suck the fackers out as you see them.

"Via con dios" for your trip & moving the tank. Everything will be fine if your carefull and don't do anything incredibly stupid.

Moved in. Almost shorted out my LED because I hooked my fans up wrong +/- and a wire on the whites came loose :eek:

But other than that, Were lookin good B)

Moved in. Almost shorted out my LED because I hooked my fans up wrong +/- and a wire on the whites came loose :eek:

But other than that, Were lookin good B)

Glad to hear everything's ok

• 2 weeks later...

Wooo! I made it through my first week of college :P

Anyway, the tank is doing great. all of the SPS have started to encrust and the green crossettes are really colorful. I'm thinking about getting a little damsel tomorrow. I'd take some pics, but my camera cord broke and my memory card reader is lost in the mail :(

Wooo! I made it through my first week of college :P

Anyway, the tank is doing great. all of the SPS have started to encrust and the green crossettes are really colorful. I'm thinking about getting a little damsel tomorrow. I'd take some pics, but my camera cord broke and my memory card reader is lost in the mail :(

Ahhhh to be young again.

keep up the good work, w/c's are more important than beer

thesmallerthebetter

nice lookin tank :)

btw, i think that sps is either an anacropora sp. or some form of "elkhorn" monti :P just my guess (mostly anacropora tho)

Haha thanks JBM... its hard to find the courage to move my car from the amazing parking spots i've been getting to go get RO water lol

smaller, yeah i was thinking it was some sort of monti but then i got tipped off that it might be an anacropora. who knows, we'll see what it grows into lol

Archived