Top Shelf Aquatics

Chase's 8.4 gallon LED Pico

racechase

didnt see El Fab keep a pygmy angel (cherub?) in his 3 gal. i do see parishilton keeping one in his 5 gal reef, but i think it could use much more room. the fish grows to about the size of a female clownfish from what i see on the net.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah parishilton kept one in his 5 gal. i'm not sure if i'll be getting one, i just really think theyre awesome fish. i probably won't get a fish until i move back to Gainesville in august

oh yeah, picked up a small torch and a magenta birdsnest today, i really love the birdsnest. also good news, my green monti cap seems to have stopped stn'ing (or maybe its just super slow) but the part that broke off when it was fragged seems to have healed over so its showing signs of growth.

Just read through this thread, nice tank! Your corals aren't bleaching from being that close to the lights?

didnt see El Fab keep a pygmy angel (cherub?) in his 3 gal. i do see parishilton keeping one in his 5 gal reef, but i think it could use much more room. the fish grows to about the size of a female clownfish from what i see on the net.

El fab had a yellow tail damsel in his 3 gal

thanks! the monti cap might be because of the light, it was on top of the rock for a while but i moved it to the sand and its doing better. the BOP was in the middle of the tank and i moved it to the sand too but its not doing better :/

its so hard getting white balance to work in my favor with these LED's.... :wacko: theyre under the koralia in a pretty shaded area and in a good updraft of flow, i read somewhere sps like the updraft. sound like a good recovery spot?

no idea about that but they should recover regardless if they have the chance. make sure youre keeping the water fresh with weekly changes.

gotcha. i usually do 2L or so every 3-4 days. i've stopped dosing c balance for now because i want to get my feeding and water change regimen down to a science first

how does heavy bass affect a reef? like, the subwoofer is under my desk and the speakers are on my desk. the tank is also on my desk. i read somewhere high frequencies bounce off the glass (acrylic too?) but low frequencies can have an effect on it

well if you can notice the 1.27x10^(-10) mph of a coral running for its life then the speakers are probably annoying your livestock.

seriously though...play some nice classical music set to moderate volume next to the tank. maybe the coral will grow faster.

well if you can notice the 1.27x10^(-10) mph of a coral running for its life then the speakers are probably annoying your livestock.

i will now tell my roommates they need to move faster than that to avoid the most deadly marine toxin known to man :happy:

New frags make for an exciting day! Yay! If you're running the lights dimmed already, and are still burning some corals, i think a screen or two above the tank would be helpful.

haha, nah kazooie posts more frequently than me, and so does yoshii. but i thanks for the random award :P

in my thread ;)

New frags make for an exciting day! Yay! If you're running the lights dimmed already, and are still burning some corals, i think a screen or two above the tank would be helpful.

frags rule :D i think the BOP was just stressed out, and the monti was shocked at first. the hole in the monti has all but healed up and BOP's polyps are extending a bit more, its still close to sand bed though

Archived