Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Chase's 8.4 gallon LED Pico

racechase

MINE :haha:

but you can get some housing (you'd need a Solar T5 housing) from catalinaaquariums.com. Pretty good people and awesome lights.

http://www.catalinaaquarium.com/ Drop the "s" for the site, if not you get one of those tacky find love in your area sites :D

I like what I see, awesome find.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which one do you have? I have a 260GPH, and it seems to be a bit over the top. I might move down to the 245GPH that i have, if thats even gona make a diff :P

I think a nano would be perfect for your tank because its the ful 14x14 footprint with no fuge space

pico-reefer
Which one do you have? I have a 260GPH, and it seems to be a bit over the top. I might move down to the 245GPH that i have, if thats even gona make a diff :P

I think a nano would be perfect for your tank because its the ful 14x14 footprint with no fuge space

i have the 240GPH version. the reason i ask becuase im mainly going to keep mushrooms and zoas, and i dont want them to be blown away lol

Yes to the pump. Yes to all three. No to the fist pump. God I hate that.

Yes for the pump? Yes for all three? Fist pump?

Thanks, I hope i'll be one of the first ones there to check in so everything doesnt have to sit in the car :/

I'm in a bit of an indecision as to what i should get, an ATO system (with float switches and everything) or a ReefKeeper? I can have a small pump timed for like a minute every two hours topping off water with a ReefKeeper, or i could have a float switch controlling the water. I think i want a RK anyway, this timer situation i have going right now is bulky and annoying. I know topping off on a schedule isnt an exact science, but neither is a float switch becuase were dealing with a pico here.

Why was there even a dilemma? :P

But i can do that right? Have something on a timer for 1-2 minutes, and have it on repeat? I know theres a repeating function but i coudlnt find any info on how short it could be.

go with a tried & true method

Petco ato works flawlessly.

no timers to fail, no pumps to get clogged. nothing to go wrong. Sure it's about as high tech as fire, but it works

Bah. Im not a fan of the G-H-E-T-T-O DIY methods. That, and I want to not have to mount anything anywhere because the tank will be in my dorm.

pico-reefer
omgomgomg ordered

RKL1.jpg

where did you find one in stock? i ordred one 2 weeks ago from premium aquatics and there still not in, ive looked everywhere and there out of stock

where did you find one in stock? i ordred one 2 weeks ago from premium aquatics and there still not in, ive looked everywhere and there out of stock

Crap i hope the place i ordered them from has them :( I used Aquasythe (supposedly a division of Aquacave)

Killer!

:lol:

I called AquaSythe.com and was told they have about 10 in stock. They said that DA isnt the best at getting them made but they found a supplier that had a few left and ordered them all. Anyway, whoever answered the phone at AS was very nice and I'm already pleased with my purchase :)

Archived