inTank Media Baskets

Pak's 7.5g Rimless Cube

SnakPak

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah this tank is amazing i luv it :D good job pak! What do you have in there for CUC?

Thanks! Right now just a few hermits. My snails didn't make it when I did the first re-scape, that or they were murdered by the hermits. I've been meaning to pick up a few assorted snails.

Emergency run to Walmart to pick up a new heater since my Stealth seemed to quit on me today sometime. Tank was 68 degrees. Here's hoping that I don't lose anything. :scarry:

Emergency run to Walmart to pick up a new heater since my Stealth seemed to quit on me today sometime. Tank was 68 degrees. Here's hoping that I don't lose anything. :scarry:

omgomgomg

Just woke up and first thing I do is check the tank. Replacement heater stuck open and cooked the tank up to 92.8 degrees. :angry: The heater was so hot that it actually melted the plastic support on the bottom of it. I'm going to guess I'll be looking for donations to restart because I doubt anything will survive. *insert a whole bunch of expletives*

gulfsurfer101

I hate when bad things happen to a good reef. I had a heater do something similar but exploded in my sump. Man, I hope your able to get things back to how they were cause it was looking good.

92 degrees... that is very bad, but something is bound to survive (i guarantee it) just give it some time and plenty of stress-free water changes as you see some of the corals decline. how about the mobile livestock? is everything still ok there?

92 degrees... that is very bad, but something is bound to survive (i guarantee it) just give it some time and plenty of stress-free water changes as you see some of the corals decline. how about the mobile livestock? is everything still ok there?

I hope something survives. I would have never checked if I didn't notice my plate coral shriveling up. I'm probably going to do a water change tomorrow and possibly wednesday. Unfortunately I'm gone on vacation for the weekend, so I'll have no idea what's going on with the tank until I get back late Monday.

The mobile livestock seemed fine. My damsel is a brute and can handle anything. The coral banded shrimp seemed fine when I left this morning just after 10am. He was really sluggish when the tank temps were high though. The clam was closed up and I didn't see it open before I left.

hopefully they will recover. I've seen temps up to 90F this past summer in my pico, the LPS hated it but other soft corals seemed fine. also i think my monti was fine too.

Loss Report:

NOTHING! :happydance: So happy! It looks like everything is going to pull through just fine. My frogspawn has remained actively mad, but it was starting to puff out a little more today. Now I just need to get my money back on the pile of crap heater I got from Walmart.

gulfsurfer101

That is awesome to hear man, good to see that the tank pulled through. I took down my mr.aqua pico as of today and plan on revamping things a bit before I set it up again. I was looking at your pics and couldn't help but be amazed at what clear shots your able to get with the leds. I know you mentioned that you would shoot with a simple point and shoot camera, I was wondering if you could pm with more details, thanks.

• 1 month later...

Haven't updated in a while. Life got crazy and I once again neglected the tank for about a month there. I did a major cleaning on Saturday since it was FILTHY. A little re-scape happened, but nothing too drastic. I just needed more room for my plate coral and frogspawn since both of them are getting larger. I'll get pics up tomorrow if I can.

Tomorrow I'll be picking up a few new frags and some much needed snails/CUC. I'm also going to start testing my water for Alk, Magnesium & Calcium. fingerscrossed I've never tested for these parameters before. I want to because I really feel that while I have sufficient lighting and flow, I'm not refreshing the supply of these much needed resources. At the same time, I'm going to try target feeding more of my corals to see if it makes a difference in growth and coloration. I have a feeling that while I've been feeding the tank, I haven't been providing enough nutrients to those corals (SPS & LPS) that could use a direct dose of food.

I also tried my hand at making a video. My wife watched it and couldn't figure out what "the food" was. Maybe I'll post up the video... If I do, please excuse the editing...I'm a noob at videos.

Just an FYI...

Updated the first post of the thread to show all the changes that tank has gone through. Need to start snapping a FTS every month.

Sorry about the sad news I hope something will make it alive too! Let us know when u get back what's going on with your tank!

d',

Tank is actually doing great. The scare I had with the heater was quite a while ago. Everything stabilized after a few days. Corals were pretty grumpy for a while there, but they all pulled through.

I added some frags yesterday. Pictures will be below. Checked my magnesium, calcium and alk levels today. Magnesium and alk were fine, but sadly calcium was really low. Between 140-160. I've started dosing and will continue to do so. Want everything to be peachy!

On to the pics! Nothing new will be added to this sucker for a while....unless I come across some sweet deals. Just don't tell my wife I said that. :P

I'm hoping this guy will color up more. It's my Charlie Brown coral frag. Hopefully it'll turn into a full blown beauty with the proper care that I intend on giving it.

IMG_0009-2.JPG

IMG_0006-2.JPG

IMG_0013-2.JPG

IMG_0015-2.JPG

IMG_0002-2.JPG

IMG_0017-2.JPG

IMG_0014-2.JPG

IMG_0019-2.JPG

Thanks LadyBug! How is your tank doing? Ever figure out what that mystery problem was?

No, not really. I switched to RO/DI water, that helped a bit, but if I don't change 4-5 gallons a week(it's a 6 gallon) things start to look worse again :/

charlie brown coral? lmao never heard of it. What you have there is some sort of birdsnest. looks exactly like my green birdsnest except the polyps on mine are...green lol. so you might have another color variety.

Archived