SaltCritters.com

Pak's 7.5g Rimless Cube

SnakPak

Well, nothing new to report. I contemplated buying some sweet frags on Mr.Coral.com today, but the shipping kills me. I was really tempted though by the $10 Max Mini-Nems. I might stop by one of the local stores to see if they have anything new and exciting that I could potentially add. Would $40 of corals (4 frags) and $34.99 shipping be worth it over what I know will be over-priced and probably not as exciting frags at the local shop?

Oh, and I've put the DIY LED system on hold until later. Way too much going on around the house. New bumper and side skirt getting painted for my car. Need to do some landscaping, and then there's always my never ending basement project. I can't wait til I finish that project up. 2 years in....man oh man.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, and I've put the DIY LED system on hold until later. Way too much going on around the house. New bumper and side skirt getting painted for my car. Need to do some landscaping, and then there's always my never ending basement project. I can't wait til I finish that project up. 2 years in....man oh man.

The tank looks awesome even without the LED's... what kind of car do you have?

Drift Monkey

Guessing one of those slow RX-8s...:P

I have LEDs now, but I was thinking about going to a larger, custom fixture for more even coverage. I drive a 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STi. That's a mouthful, lol.

Guessing one of those slow RX-8s...:P

Hahaha, I used to have an RX-8. It wasn't too slow though. Sure, rotaries don't have any torque, but they spin up quickly and sound really cool. I sold it back in February. I needed a more family friendly car and missed the utility of my old ZX3 hatchback. I picked up a 2008 Subaru STi. Love it to death! Though I do miss the RX-8 from time to time. I can still say that about my ZX3 too. I put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into both cars. The STi will be no different. :D

Builder Anthony

In a month or two would you be willing to trade something for a frag of that pink and green candy cane.I have a blue devils hand coral which is prety nice.Its about all ill really have to frag.Its a weird coral i have it next to some grape caulerpra and it actually pushes the stuff away from it.It has a nice neon blue when lights are dimmed and its shriveking up to go to sleep.Pretty decent growth on it as well.Well thats what i have to trade..........Picture of it even if your not intrested.

Sti for the win! I love my suby and I don't think I'll ever drive anything other than subaru's. Anyways... I love your tank man. It looks great. Colors are awesome and I love the little little bta, I with I could find one somewhere. Nice work!

In a month or two would you be willing to trade something for a frag of that pink and green candy cane.I have a blue devils hand coral which is prety nice.Its about all ill really have to frag.Its a weird coral i have it next to some grape caulerpra and it actually pushes the stuff away from it.It has a nice neon blue when lights are dimmed and its shriveking up to go to sleep.Pretty decent growth on it as well.Well thats what i have to trade..........Picture of it even if your not intrested.

Definitely. Send me a pic of it because I don't know what a blue devils hand coral looks like.

Sti for the win! I love my suby and I don't think I'll ever drive anything other than subaru's. Anyways... I love your tank man. It looks great. Colors are awesome and I love the little little bta, I with I could find one somewhere. Nice work!

I love mine too! It's crazy how much more friendly Subaru owners are. I get waves and head nods all the time. I love it!

If you want one of the little BTA's, let me know. I'll send you one free of charge. Just pay the shipping for it.

I have a Legacy GT myself...sweet.

Love the Legacy GT's too!

Edit: Forgot to add that I did stop by the local store, and was completely unimpressed with their coral selection and prices. Why is it so hard to find a local store that carries great looking frags of different varieties and sells for relatively decent prices? I just can't wrap my head around it.

If You drive a subaru its almost like you're in a secret brotherhood. I live in colorado and w just had a subaru meet at red rocks and it was amazing. Hundreds of subarus. Anyways lol, about how big are the bta's cause right now I just have my 3 gal pico set up but I'm upgrading to a much bigger cube soon. How much would shipping be to 80233?

I have LEDs now, but I was thinking about going to a larger, custom fixture for more even coverage.

Oh that's right you have a PAR38 my bad.

I drive a 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STi. That's a mouthful, lol.

Beauty... I'm thinking of getting a WRX wagon but not the STI I don't think I could afford the insurance right now. Ill stick it out with my VW GTI for a few more years then make the upgrade!

If You drive a subaru its almost like you're in a secret brotherhood. I live in colorado and w just had a subaru meet at red rocks and it was amazing. Hundreds of subarus. Anyways lol, about how big are the bta's cause right now I just have my 3 gal pico set up but I'm upgrading to a much bigger cube soon. How much would shipping be to 80233?

I do love this brotherhood that is going on. It's really, really cool. Makes driving my car that much more enjoyable.

The BTA's are small. Like the size of a half dollar coin maybe. I looked up shipping, not cheap. I'm shipping from 48307 and it's coming out to around $50 for overnight (Assuming a 1lb package weight). If you find something cheaper, let me know and I'd be glad to ship it to you. I'll hunt around to see if I can find a cheaper shipping option. I might have a shipping resource that I could use, but I'll have to ask my friend about shipping through his shop.

Y'all post on any Subaru forums? NASIOC?

I'm signed up on NASIOC, but I don't think I've posted there yet. I'm mostly lurking right now when I get a chance to browse that forum. I've been on IWSTI a few times too. I'm carefully planning out the mods on this one. I'm going to lower it with H&R Springs and do the Kartboy Short Shifter soon, then most likely upgrade the stock headunit. It's a terrible piece that just disappoints me each time I turn the volume up in the car. From there it'll be power upgrades.

Beauty... I'm thinking of getting a WRX wagon but not the STI I don't think I could afford the insurance right now. Ill stick it out with my VW GTI for a few more years then make the upgrade!

I dig the 2011 WRX hatches a lot, mainly because they look just like the STi's! I was really, really contemplating getting one before I found my white 2008 STi. The insurance wasn't that bad compared to my RX-8. I think it was only around a $10 increase a year. I do love the old bugeye wagons. Those things are beauties when modded the right way. I've always been and probably always will be a hatchback/wagon fan. I would love to join the VW GTI club too. Such great looking vehicles. That's another cool car brotherhood too. This video alone makes me want to get one. Southern Worthersee

I have a white 06 wagon with a lot of mods. I like the wagons/hatches. No one expects you to just pull ahead in a wagon unless they know what they are racing. I can't wait to get my e85 map this summer. It's gonna be fun :happy:

I'll have to look into shipping and see if I find anything. 50 seems like a ##### much but hopefully I can find something cheap or if you do let me know. Do you think one would be ok in my current setup? I'd like to know what you think of my tank either way so check it out and let me know.

Drift Monkey
I have a white 06 wagon with a lot of mods. I like the wagons/hatches. No one expects you to just pull ahead in a wagon unless they know what they are racing. I can't wait to get my e85 map this summer. It's gonna be fun :happy:

What mods?

Well so far I have a turbo back exhaust, cold air intake, Cobb access port, an exedy stage 1 race clutch, a manual boost controller, a lot of chassis upgrades....sit brembo brake kit and other random stuff. I'm set up for e85 I just need the tune for it and a walbro 255 pump. What upgrades are you planning for yours pak? A tbe, intake and access port go a long way if you're just looking at keeping it simple.

Drift Monkey
Well so far I have a turbo back exhaust, cold air intake, Cobb access port, an exedy stage 1 race clutch, a manual boost controller, a lot of chassis upgrades....sit brembo brake kit and other random stuff. I'm set up for e85 I just need the tune for it and a walbro 255 pump. What upgrades are you planning for yours pak? A tbe, intake and access port go a long way if you're just looking at keeping it simple.

I'm fully catless, 3" catback, AP Stage 2 protuned, FMIC...but most of my stuff is suspension. Coilovers, sway bars, chassis braces, 17x9 wheels...;)

I'll have to look into shipping and see if I find anything. 50 seems like a ##### much but hopefully I can find something cheap or if you do let me know. Do you think one would be ok in my current setup? I'd like to know what you think of my tank either way so check it out and let me know.

Nice! Once you get the E85 map, that thing is going to seriously haul.

I thought $50 was ridiculous too. It's a small, 1lb package. $50 to ship that overnight...absurd! I'll keep hunting around. I don't think you'd have any issues in your current setup adding a mini bubble tip. They stay really, really small. Mine hasn't gotten any larger since I added it to the tank back in October/November timeframe. Just multiplied a couple times so there's now 3 in the tank.

I dig your tank. That plate coral is sweet. It's orange, right? I know you said you were taking photos with your camera phone, so I can understand why the white balance is so out of whack. You don't have a computer to edit the photos with at all though?

I would love to do a JBJ 3gal right now, but I'm going to focus on this tank first. Sometime this year I'll have another tank setup, maybe when the basement gets finished I can add one to the office.

igotreefermadness

Glad to see some other car enthusiasts on here. And yeah shipping on any livestock really makes you rethink it. I would just save up and drop 130 on $10 coral and get their free shipping. I was flipping through Mr. Coral last night and they have some really really awesome stuff.

Oh and I drive a Eagle Talon TSi AWD, 4" intake, 3" turboback, wastegate dump, front mount intercooler, manual boost controller, Tein suspension, HKS blowoff valve. Next step is fuel mods which are a little trickier on the DSMs. But E85 is def the way to go. Love the subarus.

What upgrades are you planning for yours pak? A tbe, intake and access port go a long way if you're just looking at keeping it simple.

In the near future, H&R Springs, short throw shifter and it needs new brake pads. Hopefully over winter I'll do a full turbo-back exhaust and throw a stage 2 tune on it. Next spring wheels and tires and more suspension mods. That is of course depending on what my financial advisor, aka wife, allows me to do. :lol:

It's good to be back in a car that will allow me to satiate the mod bug.

Glad to see some other car enthusiasts on here. And yeah shipping on any livestock really makes you rethink it. I would just save up and drop 130 on $10 coral and get their free shipping. I was flipping through Mr. Coral last night and they have some really really awesome stuff.

Oh and I drive a Eagle Talon TSi AWD, 4" intake, 3" turboback, wastegate dump, front mount intercooler, manual boost controller, Tein suspension, HKS blowoff valve. Next step is fuel mods which are a little trickier on the DSMs. But E85 is def the way to go. Love the subarus.

You're not kidding! Shiping kills it all. Though you're probably right, it's probably easiest to just drop the $130 on frags and be done with it. Which I might do still.

I drove a friends Talon in college and that thing was wicked for just a stock car. Glad to see a bunch of car guys on here too!

igotreefermadness

Yeah dude AWD FTW haha. Mines actually down right now with a blown headgasket. But they are notorious for doing 400 whp on full stock internals w/ aftermarket head bolts. Mine was a case of improperly torqued head bolts, but some ARP studs should take care of that. And yeah there's another guy on here with a Volkwagen diesel SUV thats putting like 700lbs of torque to the wheels. Diesels are weird like that.

I love how subaru uses the pancake engine in their WRXs. I've rode in a couple and they seem to spool a little nicer than I wish mine did.

But ya only downside to dropping that kind of money on frags is that I like to put a lot of focus on my new corals when I first get them. So you would have a lot on your plate all at once. Makes it easier for a piece of SPS to go through tissue necrosis before you can catch it, etc.

Drift Monkey
And yeah there's another guy on here with a Volkwagen diesel SUV thats putting like 700lbs of torque to the wheels. Diesels are weird like that.

You mean diesels are awesome like that!

Drift Monkey
My next project is going to be a 1986 chevy short bed rear wheel drive with a cummins swap. It's going to be nasty!

Tubbed out drag truck? B)

I dig the 2011 WRX hatches a lot, mainly because they look just like the STi's! I was really, really contemplating getting one before I found my white 2008 STi. The insurance wasn't that bad compared to my RX-8. I think it was only around a $10 increase a year. I do love the old bugeye wagons. Those things are beauties when modded the right way. I've always been and probably always will be a hatchback/wagon fan. I would love to join the VW GTI club too. Such great looking vehicles. That's another cool car brotherhood too. This video alone makes me want to get one. Southern Worthersee

Yeah some day... I can't wait for that day. The Vdub Club is a big one I used to attend shows when I had my '86 GTI but not my '02 GTI... that one I just take the track for lap days... more fun! That is a wicked video... what a cool little town! I think I blew up your thread by asking what car.... sorry man.

Archived