Innovative Marine Aquariums

Pak's 7.5g Rimless Cube

SnakPak

Haha, sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've been busy finishing my basement. I did have another fish death. Tank of Death accurately describes it when it comes to all things fish. My cheapie damsel named Berry bit the bullet last week. I found him being devoured by crabs in the morning while doing a water change.

So, thinking that it'd be the perfect time to go back to what I have always wanted, a jawfish, I added one a few days ago. Put a lid on the tank (which I absolutely hated) and turned the lights out to de-stress the fish. Since then, I have not seen the fish once. No carpet surfing, nothing. I noticed a huge burrow underneath my largest rock. All sorts of entrances and excavation must have gone on, but alas, I haven't seen this fish since. It's like I stole part of the Bermuda Triangle and hid it inside my tank.

There are a few new corals that I need to get some pictures off. I'm also seriously starting to think that I need to frag my frogspawn. It's absolutely massive and is starting to encroach on everything on the sand bed. My plate coral has moved itself several inches just to get away from it. I do want to add a few more corals before I call it good, but I'm kind of waiting to see what deals I can find online.

I also realized I re-scaped the entire tank. Definitely time for new pictures. Oh and my attempt at removing GSP was a huge failure. Once that stuff is matted to a rock, its not coming off.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
why dont you like them clifford? do they clean too much? lol

lol. Mine (Mr. Wonka) is very entertaining to watch. I always have to be very wary of where he is when I'm doing water changes because he likes to do the surprise nip on my fingers, which almost always results in water spillage from me getting spooked. lol.

its looking nice. is that shrimp bothering any corals? how frequently do you feed the shrimp and with what?

Thanks. He doesn't really bother them, just kind of walks wherever he pleases. They will get a little irritated with him, but not much. I feed the shrimp every few days with frozen mysis shrimp. He's got a voracious appetite, but I try not to over feed because I don't want the tank to become a nutrient factory.

Thanks! No new updates, but I am going to be purchasing some corals very soon. I'd really like to get a few tabling acros, but not sure where to put them. The GSP situation in this tank is starting to worry me. As much as I love the color of it (especially under the LEDs), I don't want it to over-run that rock and prevent me from keeping anything else on there.

On a second note, the encrusting monti which lost most of it's color when I re-scaped is starting to get color back. Hopefully it comes all the way back because it was a beautiful sea-green before. I have been thinking about putting a small frag of sunset or superman encrusting on top of it though to get some different colors in there.

IMG_0003%20Edited.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG

I'm considering adding a full blue Par38 bulb to the tank to see how much more pop I'll get. I don't know if it's just me, but it seems almost too white of a color right now. I like it, but I'd like to see if adding a full blue bulb will change it drastically. Anyone tried this?

Pictures don't really give a good sense of the color. It's like a crisp white with blue tint. I like it, but wonder what it'd be like with more blue.

IMG_0003%20Edited.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG

I'm considering adding a full blue Par38 bulb to the tank to see how much more pop I'll get. I don't know if it's just me, but it seems almost too white of a color right now. I like it, but I'd like to see if adding a full blue bulb will change it drastically. Anyone tried this?

Those are some beautiful pics pak.

Thanks! I've been having a very difficult time getting good shots of anything in the tank, so those 3 are definitely ones I'm proud of. I wish we could embed videos because I took a really nice, quick clip of the xenia.

for the white balance you can use a gray mat (you can get these are any camera stores) you just take a picture of the gray mat with your DSLR and use that image as your white balance and everything should equal out.

as for the tank; Everything look amazing! :D:D hope you can get a few pictures of your jawfish :D i love those guys i want to get one myself. im still getting all my equipment ready for my 37g :P but i wouldnt mind a 7.5 upstairs :P

i tired looking for mr.aqua produces and i can find a place to sell them in canada. any recommandations on site thats sell and ship?

Unfortunately the jawfish didn't make it. He barely lasted a full day before kicking the bucket. He was extremely stressed even with all the lights out on the tank for the first day he was introduced. I love them, but I'm giving up on trying to keep one. It's simple and easy fish from here on out.

I got my Mr. Aqua tank from MarineDepot.com.

awww sorry about the bad news. jawfish are so fun to watch too :( have you tried a firefish goby? i heard they're pretty easy and i think it should be ok in a 7.5 ( someone correct me if im worng) theyre fun to watch and very active :P

gulfsurfer101

That sucks to hear about your fish, those are some very cool fish, sorry. I too seem to be having trouble in my tank with fish as well. I haven't seen the one I picked up for my cube in a few days so my guess is it's gone.

Archived