ReefCleaners.org

Pak's 7.5g Rimless Cube

SnakPak

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
a par38 should fill your tank but why not have a par38 PC combo light? maybe even get a 50/50 blue/red pc it really makes colors PoP!!

Not sure what the Par38 PC combo light is...do you have a link? Or are you just referring to combining the Par38 with PC lights?

At this juncture, the Par38 will be more then adequate for what I'm looking to do. Should be here by the end of the week. Down the road I will do a LED fixture, possibly when the next pico tank contest starts.

Lookin forward to the pics man! You make me wanna get a 7.5 cube.

I'll definitely post pics as soon as I get the light. I love the 7.5 cube. I've always enjoyed the rimless tanks the most, so the opportunity to get one and downsize at the same time was definitely a plus in my book (my wife would agree as well, lol).

Haha, I'll get pics as soon as I can. Tomorrow will be a deep cleaning day, including removing the bryopsis infested rock. It will either be completely cleaned, or permanently removed. Its taking over one corner of my tank.

Quick update. Stopped at the local Meijer on my way home from work tonight/this morning, whatever you want to call 3am. Picked up a nice adjustable clamp-on desk lamp. All I can say is............ whoa.

Definitely can't wait to clean the tank tomorrow (totally not picture ready at the moment) and I know for a fact that I'm going to need to do a little re-scaping while I'm at it. Hopefully I'll have enough time to manage all that seeing I have to work at 1:30pm. The fact that I can now look at my tank from the top down is unbelievable and the fluorescence from the corals with the 20k light is awesome!

I am 100% satisfied with my decision. Now to see how the tank responds to the new set-up. Pictures tomorrow. I'm off to bed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hahaha, sorry guys. I'm having a heck of a time getting a decent picture of the tank. The color of the bulb throws the white balance way off on my DSLR. I have yet to figure out how to take decent pictures of the tank with it.

I'll upload them tonight when I get home though. I do apologize for leaving everyone hanging. I have been off in work-land for the last 2 months on night shift. Back to the regular routine!

Also, looking for suggestions on what to add next...open to any suggestions.

Thanks! I just wish I could take better pictures of it. I can't get a good picture that represents just how amazing the tank looks with this light. I'll have to do some reading on reef tank picture taking.

I'd really like to get some nice top down shots to show the pop this light provides. The clam I purchased a few days ago looks unbelievable from the top down.

Awesome. Do you have the name of the manufacturer of that fixture? It looks perfect.

Nanocustoms. But that is just the bulb. You need to buy your own arm lamp.

The fixture I picked up at a local store. I don't have the box anymore though. It's just a standard desk lamp that has a clamp.

Anyone know how to frag GSP? I want to get rid of some of it and move it around in my tank and utilize that large rock for something else.

The fixture I picked up at a local store. I don't have the box anymore though. It's just a standard desk lamp that has a clamp.

Anyone know how to frag GSP? I want to get rid of some of it and move it around in my tank and utilize that large rock for something else.

I have had pretty good luck by cutting up sections on the live rock and peeling the mat back with forceps. Be careful not to pinch the tubes that the polyps come out of, and stay on the flat part in contact with the rock.

Alternately, you can chip the rock off just underneath the mat, but this is a pain and risks killing sections of polyps if you slip with a chisel.

gulfsurfer101

There's some good stuff here. I just ordered the same tank and par 30 bulb from boostled. After seeing this thread Im kind of getting a little anxious to start mine up.

Edit: Your tank inspired me to get mine set up and is now off and running. Hopefully in a few months I can get it to look as nice as you did on yours.

• 1 month later...

Archived