Innovative Marine Aquariums

Hypes Shallow ADA Lagoon

Rehype

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rehype - They are awesome. I just bought four three weeks ago and they have done WORK. You should keep two and try to breed them. Tons of money in it.

-Dave

Glad to hear that the Berghia's made short-work of the Aiptasia. Sounds like you had a pretty bad infestation. Thanks for the information as I'm sure it will be helpful for someone down the line...I know I'll be sticking it in the back of my mind.

How's the skimmer working so far?

-Adam

Plus that would be insane.

:lol: True

All the Aiptasia in my 12g tank died :huh:

Sorry to hear that..i think :huh::P

Glad to hear that the Berghia's made short-work of the Aiptasia. Sounds like you had a pretty bad infestation. Thanks for the information as I'm sure it will be helpful for someone down the line...I know I'll be sticking it in the back of my mind.

How's the skimmer working so far?

-Adam

The skimmer works fantastic! Im pretty impressed with the skimmate production so far. Although im kinda bummed because i may have to sell it since its too tall to hang over my sump.

That rock wasn't going in the 125 :lol:

I wanted it for Berghia breeding purposes...

ohhhh my bad :lol:

I need some for my 20h...glad to know that the work..i also have a few aptasia in my 125 that don't spread just get bigger :mellow:

Well its great they didnt spread that way you can just target kill with joes juice or aiptasia-x. Id only recommend berghia if you have a heavy infestation as they can knock out a few aiptasia in just a couple of nights work.

Holy crap!!!The berghia managed to reproduce..I took all the adults out but they managed to reproduce successfully within the short time they were in the tank.Im not sure how many survived but i saw one this morning.. i have to catch them and get them out soon since im out of aiptasia.

Holy crap!!!The berghia managed to reproduce..I took all the adults out but they managed to reproduce successfully within the short time they were in the tank.Im not sure how many survived but i saw one this morning.. i have to catch them and get them out soon since im out of aiptasia.

Berghia reproduce every 2-3 days so in a larger system there will be enough to tackle a really bad aiptasia infestation. At least now you can make some money back on your initial investment. I would suggest you set up a mini tank and breed them and start selling them for a bit cheaper than they are offered else where.. force the prices to go down on them.

I would but it would be way too difficult to supply enough aiptasia to sustain these guys long term. Today was the first time i saw an adolescent so im curious if any others made it.

I would but it would be way too difficult to supply enough aiptasia to sustain these guys long term. Today was the first time i saw an adolescent so im curious if any others made it.

I need to get one of these, my aiptasias starting to get out of control....

Id definitely recommend doing something asap.IU can tell you from first hand experience it only gets worse...alot worse if its not treated quickly.

Yeah every time I've had an aiptasia problem before, I've just pulled the rock out early and nuked it with boiling water. This isn't an option this time, it's on too much living stuff and spreading quickly. :angry:

PS: we need more picture updates. :happy:

I did the same thing on all my previous tank and it never got out of hand. This time though it was unbelievable how quickly they were reproducing! I literally would see the parents releasing their babies into the water colum (very cool and uncool at the same time) So their were aiptasia living on every surface(even the sand) of my tank. Well glad to say that phase is over...at least for now

I dont have anything worthwhile to show.....or do i? :ninja:

Glad to hear that the skimmer is working out great for you so far. Bummer to hear that it might not fit your sump setup. Is it because the skimmer is too tall/wide for the stand? What are you thinking about getting instead?

Out with the goods!! :)

Glad to hear that the skimmer is working out great for you so far. Bummer to hear that it might not fit your sump setup. Is it because the skimmer is too tall/wide for the stand? What are you thinking about getting instead?

Out with the goods!! :)

Well the skimmer itself isnt too tall or wide but the inlet the feeds the main pump is a bit too short and doesnt reach far enough into the sump. So im thinking of either selling it or doing a slight mod to extend the length of the inlet feed. If i do sell it ill probably pick up a bubble magus

hehe im still not sure if im keeping my latest inhabitant.Im a bit conflicted...

omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

:P:lol:

I agree need more pic

Ill go see if i can dig up any recent pics..

Holy crap!!!The berghia managed to reproduce..I took all the adults out

Hey wait, does this mean you just took them out and still have them in another tank or something? Or took them out and sold them? I'm trying to find some at a decent price, but am not having luck. =[

Archived