Top Shelf Aquatics

Hypes Shallow ADA Lagoon

Rehype

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You say you have one seahorse but you named two different types of seahorses. (Hippocampus Erectus) and (Hippocampus Reidi) are two seperate species.

And it looks like you have H. Reidi

Thanks for pointing that out fish I actually mistyped that part. What I meant to say was my choice was between hippocampus erectus and hippocampus reidi. I ended up going with hippocampus reidi.

Very nice horse, must be awesome to watch.

Thanks Gerber. They are defintely one of the most fascinating inhabitants i've ever owned.

I was just getting ready to ask if you're still holding out on us ;) This is fantastic man!! What a beautiful specimen. Glad to hear that it's eating and soaking in it's new environment.

You'll have to grab a video sometime in the future as I'm sure it's a joy to watch swinging, swaying, and gliding through the tank.

I'll shoot you a PM during the weekend about some digi frags.

-Adam

this tank just never stops kicking a$$

wow thanks alot man

I was just getting ready to ask if you're still holding out on us ;) This is fantastic man!! What a beautiful specimen. Glad to hear that it's eating and soaking in it's new environment.

You'll have to grab a video sometime in the future as I'm sure it's a joy to watch swinging, swaying, and gliding through the tank.

I'll shoot you a PM during the weekend about some digi frags.

-Adam

Thanks alot adam. I wasnt sure if i was going to keep her so i didnt want to post anything until i was sure.

Your right i have to post a vid of her feeding...Its just the coolest to watch

Ok sounds good.

Thanks alot Anna. It's only 8.5 gallons :D

wow! i from the pictures it looks like at least 20-30 gallons B)

i'm thinking about trying a SH in my 6 gallon jbj...any thoughts, since you've got one in a smaller tank also?

Thanks im glad it has such a deceptive appearance

Get an ORA seahorse thats already eating mysis. I already have a canister filter in place thats meant for a 50 gallon tank and i plan to plumb a 18 gallon sump to this tank shortly so ive never really had an issue with water quality but to keep a horse in small tank you have to be very diligent in your water changes and replace carbon regularly. Since you are feeding such a small tank 1-2 feedings a day maintaining healthy water parameters may be a challenge.

BTW I love your quotes...some of my faves

Thanks im glad it has such a deceptive appearance

Get an ORA seahorse thats already eating mysis. I already have a canister filter in place thats meant for a 50 gallon tank and i plan to plumb a 18 gallon sump to this tank shortly so ive never really had an issue with water quality but to keep a horse in small tank you have to be very diligent in your water changes and replace carbon regularly. Since you are feeding such a small tank 1-2 feedings a day maintaining healthy water parameters may be a challenge.

BTW I love your quotes...some of my faves

cool, thanks! i've been trying to figure out if i could really make it work, and this tank is making me feel a bit more confident about it :happy: .

yeah, those are really good qoutes, i have them everywhere B)

Well unforunately I just heard that mame had some problems with inspection so they won't be able to get the overflows in until December....bummer <_<:mellow:

Archived