ReefCleaners.org

Hypes Shallow ADA Lagoon

Rehype

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just found this tank and I love it! I do have to say... I was the first with lily pipes in a reef on this site ;)

Thanks alot med red...Nah i was joking about being the first to use lily pipes on a reef tank. The first person i saw use lily pipes on this site was mew's 10 gallon. Which was setup in April 09' a few months before your tank ;)

A fish.

:lol: :lol: nice jacob..

Great looking tank! I just finished the whole thread and have a quick question about the Mame overflow: is it equipped with a return pipe as well? Perhaps the middle pipe? Can't seem to find any good info on these that's in English :)

Thanks alot med red...Nah i was joking about being the first to use lily pipes on a reef tank. The first person i saw use lily pipes on this site was mew's 10 gallon. Which was setup in April 09' a few months before your tank ;)

:lol: :lol: nice jacob..

Touche ;)

Great looking tank! I just finished the whole thread and have a quick question about the Mame overflow: is it equipped with a return pipe as well? Perhaps the middle pipe? Can't seem to find any good info on these that's in English :)

Thanks alot for checking out the thread. Yes the return pipe is integrated into the overerflow that's really what makes it a step above any other overflow design out there.

aw no man you paid 2 bills for that i can go down the street to adgshop. and pick one up for 100. i'd a shipped it for you man. well for anyone else that wants one but hasn't ordered it i'll hook you up. i think they are taking presale orders right now. also when did yours come in or are you still waiting for it?

Man i wish i wouldve known that...Well mame is still a little behind schedule on production and theyre out of stock in japan at least until the first week of october.

yeah well you still have a badass over flow. hey can you run that into a canister? i was looking at the dual media reactor from BRS and would like to use the mame overflow if i can run it into the reactor and use a pump to push the water back into the tank.

yeah well you still have a badass over flow. hey can you run that into a canister? i was looking at the dual media reactor from BRS and would like to use the mame overflow if i can run it into the reactor and use a pump to push the water back into the tank.

I dont see why you wouldnt be able to.As long as the hoses are the size to fit the inlet/outlet of your canister or reactor it should work just fine.

How much dismantling and downtime will there be when you have to clean the overflow? It will get unsightly when coralline starts to grow on it.

I cant imagine it to take anymore time than it takes to clean my lily pipes. Which takes about 5-10 minutes.

probably wouldnt take me long to break that mame overflow if i were to get it. broke my lily pipes before it even touched water.

Im mostly worried about it getting damaged during shipping between my house and japan..

Quick update. My overflow got delayed until first week of october so in the meantime i decided to pick up a new skimmer. Ive been feeding pretty regular and my colors look really crappy. So i figured why not break in the skimmer a bit early. I decided on the cpr aeroforce skimmer mainly because its a hob unit and i figured i could use it on the ada until the overflow arrived and then just hang it over the sump. So far so good it started producing skimmate within the first 24 hours. A few pics..

4990760879_8b39cd7f47_z.jpg

4991367794_ec000268a9_z.jpg

Archived