Cultivated Reef

Hypes Shallow ADA Lagoon

Rehype

No i took them out a few days ago and sold them to another reefer.Sorry man if i knew you were looking i wouldve sold them to you.

:tears: haha well I wasn't actively looking at the time, so you wouldn't have. Oh well, I'll keep looking.

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a quick update on performance from the aeroforce skimmer.Ive been running it for a little over 2 weeks and im very impressed with how much its pulled so far. I ran dry for about a week and have been running it wet since then.

DSC_0323.jpg?t=1285704843

do you run any kind of phos remover? are you still using the ehiem canister?

i am wondering if anyone find using GFO/phos remover effective in external canisters? trying to see if i should put it in my rena filstar xp2 or are reactors a must.

maybe run a 2nd set of lilly pipes with the reactor?

I have been using a phosphate pad in my canister lately but im not sure if its made much of a difference. I didnt have detectable phosphates to begin with since i have macroalgae growing in the display. I added it for a bit of redundancy. But im sure you could add some phos remover to your existing canister without any ill effects.

Looks like the skimmer is producing some nice nog ;)

Any word on the meme, uh, maymay, meh- meh- you know...the overflow? :happy:

I've been wondering how you pronounce the acronym as well :) Glad to hear you might have it in another two weeks.

its pronounced mah-may silly japanese. dude let me know how you like that over flow once it comes in. i've gotta get rid of that tacky ass tubing i've got sticking outta my tank but i need a good external pump to do it. i was hoping not to have to get one but i don't see anyother way around it.

Looking good. Are you still liking how shallow the tank is now that you've had it for awhile?

Thanks justin. Honestly im liking it even more than when i initially set it up. Maintenance,adding or removing frags/livestock and viewing are all easier with a shallow tank.

its pronounced mah-may silly japanese. dude let me know how you like that over flow once it comes in. i've gotta get rid of that tacky ass tubing i've got sticking outta my tank but i need a good external pump to do it. i was hoping not to have to get one but i don't see anyother way around it.

Ill definitely post an update as soon as it comes in. Ive been waiting for what seems like forever to setup my sump.

wait can't you run that with a canister? i was thinking a pump on the outline of a canister forcing water back into the tank. i'm sure setting the proper flow rate could be tricky but do you think its possible i ask cuz i just got a brs media reactor and its running awesomely and would also like to use the mame overflow if i could incorporate it in somehow.

Just a quick update on performance from the aeroforce skimmer.Ive been running it for a little over 2 weeks and im very impressed with how much its pulled so far. I ran dry for about a week and have been running it wet since then.

DSC_0323.jpg?t=1285704843

disgusting. :naughtydance:

How are things holding up on your slice of the reef? Any new additions or updated shots?

I might have to hit you up for some Digis in the near-future or whenever you can snag a frag. I have some nice Sunset, Superman, and FnF Red Bug Monti if you want to trade sometime. I also still have a 2-3" piece of Green Acro with your name on it ;)

So far so good adam. I picked up a few frags over the last few weeks..some species of monit caps,

Im definitely interested in all of those frags they can all go on "Monitpora Mountain" The rock on the left is where im putting nothing but monitpora frags. Let me know what digis you want the purple one i can frag pretty much anytime.The others i have to let grow in a bit more.

So your tank is a touch more shallow than mine but I can't seem to not get a sandstorm with my mp10 and still get the amount of flow I'm looking for. Do you get a sandstorm ever/ what setting is your mp on?

Yep i used to but you have to play around alot with the position and speed of your vortech to not get sand storms on such a shallow tank. right now its on on reef crest mode and around 50% power

Yep i used to but you have to play around alot with the position and speed of your vortech to not get sand storms on such a shallow tank. right now its on on reef crest mode and around 50% power

When is the Mame overflow scheduled to arrive? I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on the matter.

So i picked up a seahorse about a month ago. I wasnt sure if i was going to keep her since the flow in my tank is pretty high but i decided on a Hippcampus reidi and she seems to be fine navigating the tank with the flow since has plenty of things to hitch to. Shes one of ORA so she eats mysis like a absolute pig. I was a bit conflicted about adding her to my tank since its shallow but all the data i could find pointed that seahorses need tall tanks to perform mating rituals and since i have just a female i figured that shouldnt be a problem...So far so good

A few pics

5063681254_30a0b7e47a_z.jpg

5063681192_3231ee3c80_z.jpg

5063071099_1482297e03_z.jpg

When is the Mame overflow scheduled to arrive? I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on the matter.

They still havent provided a ship date....Its supposed to be this month. Ill definitely update you guys when they confirm a shipping date.

Where did you get your 18g Cadlight sump from? I've searched all over for an 18g Cadlight sump but can't seem to find it anywhere...maybe Google is broken for me. Did the sump light come with it as well?

Where did you get your 18g Cadlight sump from? I've searched all over for an 18g Cadlight sump but can't seem to find it anywhere...maybe Google is broken for me. Did the sump light come with it as well?

you can get one from cadlights.com. The light isn't included but you could purchase one of their refugium lights which are for sale on their site as well.

She's lovely!

Thanks so much :happy:

So i picked up a seahorse about a month ago. I wasnt sure if i was going to keep her since the flow in my tank is pretty high but i decided on on a Erectus reidi and she seems to be fine navigating the tank with the flow since has plenty of things to hitch to. Shes one of ORA so she eats mysis like a absolute pig. I was a bit conflicted about adding her to my tank since its shallow but all the data i could find pointed that seahorses need tall tanks to perform mating rituals and since i have just a female i figured that shouldnt be a problem...So far so good

You say you have one seahorse but you named two different types of seahorses. (Hippocampus Erectus) and (Hippocampus Reidi) are two seperate species.

And it looks like you have H. Reidi

Archived