inTank Media Baskets

Hypes Shallow ADA Lagoon

Rehype

i like the new scape you have with the caves! what happen to your gobies again? i missed out!

Thanks alot d. I prefer it over the previous scape since i have a bit more room to place frags.

I lost all of the gobies when i moved. But i did pick up some masked gobies a little over a month ago. I thought these guys were really peaceful but i was sorely mistaken. They are extremely territorial and fought like crazy. They pretty much killed each other off until only one was left standing. In the end i decided to remove the last one because he was being aggressive towards my cardinals..which in turn prompted a rescape.

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Love this little island in the wasteland look. I forget, are they called brommies?

Bommie

— n

( Austral ) an outcrop of coral reef, often resembling a column, that is higher than the surrounding platform of reef and which may be partially exposed at low tide

I picked up an Eheim 1048.

Thanks alot man. Well you know my tank is technically smaller than yours..

Yeah you're right about this size I didn't even realize it :huh: . I guess with the way you have it setup it looks much bigger than it really is. Your pictures are just more inspiration to me! B)

sweet pic ... and the tank is looking spectacular!

Thanks alot Cruz

Bommie

— n

( Austral ) an outcrop of coral reef, often resembling a column, that is higher than the surrounding platform of reef and which may be partially exposed at low tide

Thanks for the clarification JT....I would say the large rock on the left side of the tank resembles a bommie.

Yeah you're right about this size I didn't even realize it :huh: . I guess with the way you have it setup it looks much bigger than it really is. Your pictures are just more inspiration to me! B)

I wanted the scape to be as open as possible as my previous tank looked a bit too cluttered. I really appreciate the kind words.

That last picture of the star is remarkable. I love your tank. The new little island is so sick!

Thanks so much it came out better than i thought it would. I really appreciate the feedback :)

dude ur sh** is SICK! Sweet tank man....

Thanks alot man. I appreciate it.

Thanks hype for the info on those little masked gobies. I will mark them off my goby lists. So far all my gobies all get along. :)

that star fish is awesome!

Np D. I think they would do better in larger tanks. IME they are way too territorial to be in anything smaller than a 20 gallon.I also would add they dont exhibit any shoaling behavior whatsoever..at least not in captivity. Im glad all your gobies are getting along so well your tank is looking great.

Definitely like the new aquascape. Any thought on either a brain or a scoly in that open area? I know you are going for an open look, but a scoly would look awesome in there (maybe too much flow in your tank though.

Thanks Paleo. I thought about it but it just looks alot better wide open. My fish like to hang out the open area and it looks really cool with nothing but sand below them

I don't know if someone have asked u about how quite your whole system are but I would like to know and can you pm me your entire tank list. Most appreciated!

-David

I meant can you give me your rating on quiteness and just your equipment lists. Thanks

oh ok. Well the canister filter is dead silent.No noise whatsoever.

Equipment:

ATI Sunpower 6 Bulb (4 ATI Blue Plus,1 Aquablue Special.1 Fiji Purple)

Vortech MP10

JBJ 1/15 Chiller

eheim 2213 Filter

Not connected just yet:

18 Gallon Sump

JBJ ATO

Elos NS-100 skimmer

Eheim 1048

nano zeo/carbon reactor

Coming soon..

Mame Overflow

Thanks, definitely let is know how that mame over flow work out. This tank is gonna even be better then it is. I enjoy watching your tank develope through each stage it's going through, so is everyone too!

Thanks alot D. Ill post pics and vids as soon as it comes in. I really cant wait to get a skimmer running to help remove some excess organics and get my sps to color up..

Archived