Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

JP's Standard Issue Tank thread

bitts

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So am I, but that's part of why the tanks setup the way it is. Even if I go rimless the tank will still have a glass lid. I've lost to many fish that way already.

O2 exchange can be done other ways.

Oh & am since you may not know what were referring to, go search on youtube for "dad is great, he brings us chocolate cake".

In hopes of coloring my torch back up. I'm running a 6 hour light schedule twice a day. We'll see weather or not it works.

This should be good... Looking forward to following!!!

Will there be beer talk in here...? -_-

B)

Hee hee....

Beer talk time

Ok so thanks to Daves most awesome thread (definitely go check out the pic's of oli) I spent way to much at the beer shop the other night. I'm trying to figure out what to brew as soon as I get the carboys empty. This may be a month but soon. The meads finally stopped bubbling (mmm... 26% sugar pop yummy), so I can do something else. May need to pick up another carboy so I can do mead & beer at the same time. But at this point I'll Just do my first batch of beer.

Picked up some things to try n clone. maybe do a hybrid from a couple of them. Most notably, meatime's scotch ale, avery's maharaja, & belhaven's wee heavy. The idea of crossing maharaja with meantime's scotch ale has me all giddy, but turn out as an incredable mess. Also planning on using the yeast that I do the mead with. This may be another bad idea but we'll see. If any one has a good recipe let's hear it.

Going to have to get unpacked befor I do anything though & the beer won't really help with that.

As to the double lighting schedule, this works great. Not only am I getting better polyp extension, but I get to see the fish more often. Before I go to work & when I get home, awesome. Only real problem is I tend to have to much flow for the lps and this is limiting my ability to judge the improvement to some extent.

Mmmmmm.......

Pizza

Barley pop

Fish tank

Life is good.

On the way home picked up some tigah pods, & a ten pack of cirth snails.

Let me brew it & see weather its anything beyond a buzz bomb, first. Still if I can even get close to the meantime Scotch ale then it will be worth its weight.

Ok. so can some one explane to the jawfish, that it's his reflection.

Also that the bleepin sand goes on both ends of the tank. Not just one big pile.

Seriously your not supposed to stir a dsb.

Stopped at the fish shop the other night. They'll be looking at getting me some sexy's & a macosker in their next order. :)

Hopefully will be able to steal the camera for a little while soon and get a decent fts.

Corals are cranky from have so much sand thrown up into the water. Also I may need to replace some of my test kits. So far I've had 0 trates despite the move. which seems unlikely.

Also picked up a gate valve for the herbie & a QO 1200.

Still can't find a recipe to clone the mean time. :rant: stupid frickin bleepedy bleep bleep......

So for the new sump I have the smaller pump, silicone is floating around here some were, gate valve. Still need the 20long. Glass to make baffels. Realy hope I don't have to cut it, still suck at that. Figure I'll need another bag of sand to mix into the sand from the old sump. Bulkhead & plumbing. Thinkin I'll add a hartford loop to the herbie. Just to make sure that its bombproof.

Off to homedepot again.

Well it'll be as silent as any drain can be. And the hartford loop should take care of any bubbles that make it through the herbie.

Now the real question is how to get the skimmer out of the fuge. @ hd picked up a rubbermade tote that should fit the skimmer. If it works, I'll need to come up with a way to keep it above the water line in the fuge. Should be doable. Would be better or at least look cooler if I could find a ten that had been cut down. Hmmm would have room for mangroves & a clam bed. Wonder if there's a 5gallon show that's ready made.

animalmaster6
Hmmm would have room for mangroves & a clam bed. Wonder if there's a 5gallon show that's ready made.

That sounds pretty awesome right there. The perfect combo for nitrate reduction.

now if i can just find one. i so cant cut glass, and the idea of cutting it with tank is glude makes my head hurt. guess i could do the dremel thing.

Archived