Coral Vue Hydros

JP's Standard Issue Tank thread

bitts

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks weets.

The little girl has foot n mouth, so I don't have time to do much else. Running out of time. trying to Pack for the move & build the 29. But its nice to spend time with my girls. Wife & I have completely different work schedules so staying home to take care of the sicky poo has some bene's.

Have had time to use the diamond files to finish the wier. Took out most of the points were it chipped out a bit. Mmmm beveled edge. But the last holes for the returns will have to wait till it warms up. Next time I do this I'll have to make a jig for the dremel. There a couple place's were the dremel jump & I'm a little worried about it. Really want the time to wet sand them out.

Got to love colorado.

This morning it was snowing. Now I'm on my way to work & its warm enough for shorts.

Got to love colorado.

This morning it was snowing. Now I'm on my way to work & its warm enough for shorts.

Lol, I remember that.

The best part is, I can't seem to get any free time. when the rocks are dry enough, to go & climb.

I miss the Coloroda Mtns.

It's been a while since I've seen them.

I lived close to Buckingham Square during the Reagan Administration and again in the early 90's.

In fact, I was living in Denver when I started Reefing.

A shop on Colfax got me hooked, don't think they're around anymore.

animalmaster6
Am as to ozone its bad for the seals & rubber o rings which can be replaced. Checked conscientious marine aquarist.

Lol I actually have that book.

For calc reactor, I like the look of the koralin (just the small one). But aquaC has a new one that looks good too. What I like about the koralin is the pump is above the water. So if you have to do any fiddling you don't drain the reactor.

I like the Koralin. Not the price though :scarry:

pg 85 for the info. is it wrong that i know that off the top of head.

as to the price yeah thats why i keep thinkin diy.

animalmaster6

Well, not wrong Imo.

Is it wrong I know the biology of the Tanganyikan Shell Brooder Cichlid off the top of my head when they are not even close to my favorite animal :unsure:

just put money down on a helfrick.

pickin up on the 17/18 so butter get crackin on the biuld.

every thing is too expencive. just do it and think of it as part of the tank cost, instead of the price of the fish.

i dont even want to think about my credit card bill next month. the tank, movers, new apartment stuff, daily expenses..... #### im gonna be broke for a while.

Hey am what issue's with interaction, can you see in this list.

Helfrick

Blue spot

Mccosker

Mandarin

Yashi

Ocellaris x 2

I'm worried about the clowns & the mccosker bulling the helfrick. The blue spot & the yashi may compete.

Thinkin that I may need to skip the clowns. :(

so lets start

DSCN5473.JPG

DSCN5474.JPG

DSCN5476.JPG

DSCN5480.JPG

DSCN5482.JPG

DSCN5484.JPG

DSCN5486.JPG

mmmmm...... getting closer.

animalmaster6

Yahoo omgomgomg We're getting there!

Hey am what issue's with interaction, can you see in this list.

Helfrick

Blue spot

Mccosker

Mandarin

Yashi

Ocellaris x 2

I'm worried about the clowns & the mccosker bulling the helfrick. The blue spot & the yashi may compete.

Thinkin that I may need to skip the clowns. :(

Alright.

I love your list! very well mixed!

So I do see a few issues. I wouldn't get the Blue Spot and yashi. They both burrow and will definetly fight. For a 29gallon just get one.

I definetly wouldn't worry about the Helfrich. Just provide Lots of caves. it will feel very comfortable and it can hide if needed, I don't think it will though.

I recommend getting only 1 clown. That bioload is a bit high for a 29 gallon.

well the lfs has the blue spot on hand. was thinkin that i would stop in & put a hold in for him on my way to work. but was waiting cause the yashi would have a lower bioload, i think. still if i dont do the clowns.

the helfrick is probable the lessest agresive fish ever. the last on i had was tormented by the clowns. figure it will be ok with a mandarin & a blue spot. but the idea of the wrasse or clowns in there, still makes me nervous. despite the bigger tank. if ever there was fish meant for a solo tank it would be the helfrick.

no this would be ever thing i want to cram in the 29. going to have tomake some cuts.

75 would have tangs. :)

animalmaster6

Ah okay.

Well just think about not getting one of the 2 burrowers. You can definetly get both in the 75 when you upgrade.

If you aren't a big fan of clowns don't get them. If you are I would just get one. They are more dangerous in pairs.

problem is, i already have that demon of a clown, sushi. who you can tell is just dieing for a friend.

Archived