Coral Vue Hydros

JP's Standard Issue Tank thread

bitts

But the black back with the black bottom looks so good. Maby on the next one I'll go bare.

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey i've got the 75 just sitting there, mocking me. come on you know you want too..........

ok so the 29's up, fish moved, pics takin, newbies added, lights hung, money all gone, so on & so on.......

will post pic as soon as i can, but i have a feeling that moving the tank was the easy part of this week. even if it took two days.

oh and as a side note what was i thinkin when i picked up that 75, the 29's bleeping huge. i cant belive i ever wanted to go bigger than this. or a least intill i get use to it, right. then its tang city in a monster.

animalmaster6

Woo Really coming along! Pics :)

oh and as a side note what was i thinkin when i picked up that 75, the 29's bleeping huge. i cant belive i ever wanted to go bigger than this. or a least intill i get use to it, right. then its tang city in a monster.

:lol: Check out a 125 gallon :lol:

still cant decide if i like it or the two towers that i had more, but this one looks more natural. figure that if i just leave it alone it will become what im used too. hopefully i dont do any thing stupid trying to gst it just right. still, I cant beleave ive got like 25 - 30 lb's of rock in there, with about 60 lb's of sand.

was think about that on the right but the jaw fish has clamed the left as perfect.

plus im out of rock.

just waiting for the fish store down the street to get in a few smaller peices of dry rock.

maby last thing i need is to mess it up.

Now this will make you laugh. The eductors were putting out too much flow & I had to take them out. With out them you can barely tell I have the returns powered up.

Not that wierd now I think about it. Even if I'm only getting a 2 maby 3 gallon effect. instead of the 4 or 5 that would come with a presure rated pump, it would be about 600-900 gallons from the nozzle. This and that the flow is much to concentrated for that high a rate in such a small tank. At least untill I add sand with a little larger grain. Like I had in the ten. Or I could get a smaller pump, to save on power costs. Oh I could run an ehime 1048 ouuuu.... To bad I out of money.

Was planing to add some from the sump. Running sea chem meridian, to seed the displays dsb. Used mostly sugar sized to improve the denitrafing effect. But went with dry sand to avoid a cycle. Funny that I haven't found the sea chem sand easily. Use to be every were I looked.

The dsb is 60 lb's of caribsea aragamax oolitic sugar sized sand. Planing to add a bag of the meridian as soon as I find it locally. This will hopefully keep the sand in place.

DSCN5504.JPG

DSCN5507.JPG

DSCN5509.JPG

Nice whip...I mean automobile :lol:

tank looks great...very clean. dam I think I am gonna go with white sand :mellow:

i c your legs :ninja:

Hey you sicko's, stop stairing at my legs. I can't be leave I didn't see the reflection, oh well.

I love the new car. And yeah the tank's finally coming together. Now I just have to figure out how to pay for every thing. But eh, details.

i thought it was clowns that were to stupid to live, nope its all fish.

Archived