SaltCritters.com

JP's Standard Issue Tank thread

bitts

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

of the 3 which will be the tallest & how are you determining how tall that will be.

lookin at swim space, light penatration, flow, yada yada yada.......

ok so life with the wife has become a little more intresting than usual. now to make the long story short. i will be finding myself an apartment, & moving the timetable on the 29 way up or putting it off again for like the 20th time. well every time its been put off its been because of wellout side input. so looks like the time table is getting bumped up. down side is may not get the wet sanding done, lame, or the stand biult. up side tank will be happening sooner. unless i setup the 75 in stead, havent preped for that so most likely will run the 29 & then add the 75. mmmm... two tanks. the 29 was a test setup for things i wanted to do on the 75. like the exo overflow & such. already have the 75 which is great, an old school one, with no center brace.

damb i really wanted to take some time and biuld this right, but hey life happens.

anyway there are things that i still need for the 29. such as lights, the mp10, a stand, the exo needs biult, wow theres a lot of crap left. but hey thats what credit cards are for, right. so since im being stupid anyway. lets talk lights first. thinkin that i should just go full throtle on this, but since i dont have time to do an led biuld. this would mean its time to go for an icecap t5's setup. at this point not sure of the bulb combo or if i'll do a 4 or 5 bulb setup. it will be on a split time schedul though so i'll need two ballists. thats goin to be exspensive. well maby i'll be less whatever & do a tek light or something but icecaps would rock. as to the stand for now will just grab a stupid mdf one like ive been using for the 10 @ pets what ever till i have some where and the time to biuld one.

animalmaster6

I am very sorry Bitts :(

:grouphug:

Your new tanks will be awesome though.

And when you get a chance check out the 125 tank thread.

Here's my new T5 set up:

P1010760.jpg

It's a 24" Tek 4x24w, using these bulbs:

Blue+

Aquablue special

Fiji-purple

Blue+

At first I was thinking about doing 3 blue+ bulbs, but I'm happy I didn't. The aquablue and fiji-purple really mix well with the blue+ bulbs. :)

hoping to get a look about like this.

hoping to get a look about like this.

I have a 24x4 TEK fixture with that bulb combo and I like it more or less. I do feel that the fiji purple kinda washes things out though.

yeah it has me questioning if i need to do the 5 bulb icecap setup. plus a tek with bulbs is half the price.

so think its icecap retro vs either a tek or ati. hmmmm........

tek is 280 ish

http://www.reefgeek.com/lighting/T5_Fluore...Sunlight_Supply

ati is well more @ 400ish

http://www.reefgeek.com/lighting/T5_Fluore...3;_Bulbs_by_ATI

and icecaps are the most expencive but also the brightest.

will have to think this over today befor i order.

ok so ive found a couple of setups that i like.

P1010760.jpg

269007525_X6P4h-XL.jpg

ATi.jpg

not sure of the bulb combo for the second two but first is listed above.

still leaning towards the first though.

yeah. just wish i knew the bulb combos. but lookin at these im starting to think when i do a big tank it needs to be a rimless.

Talk to Weetie about the bulb combos, she's awesome at that.

Oh hi there. :happy:

A couple of comments-- after doing some personal research and talking to Greg @ Reefgeek, the ATI Sunpower works just as well as the Powermodule.

If you want to do an SPS dominated tank, go with ATI or Icecap.

If you want a Mixed Reef and you think you will have several Softies or LPS in there, go with TEK.

The 5 bulb Aquactinics fixture is another option, and is what masterbuilder and Tigahboy are using over their tanks.

If you have any further questions, LMK.

Archived