Coral Vue Hydros

JP's Standard Issue Tank thread

bitts

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not much. I just seem to find stupid fish. Like a helfrick who keeps trying to be buddy buddy with the jaw fish. Or a jaw fish which picked the back corner to dig in. Causing the sand to fall back in when he digs out his hole. Doesn't help that he keeps shoveling it into the glass. May have to call him sisyphus, Ah camus, now there was a good book.

3yr's planing

exo 29 300ish

Light 250ish

Vortech 250ish

sand 50ish

stand 30ish

heater 30ish

fish way too much'ish

Tank running @ less than 30 db & getting this tank off the ground. Awesome.

couple more hours & the move be over. wahooooo!!!!!!!!

well mostly but eh, it's still time for barley pop. mmmmm.......

Ok so while bringing the tv up, one of the guys backs into the tank. Getting it to like rock n stuff. At which point he must be able to see my face. Because he gets this look of sheer terror. Some how after my initial panic it dosen't so bad whatching realize what going on. Of coarse it was better seeing them react when they asked how much the tank was.

Oh & no woorys, tank's fine.

Yea for the rest of the time they were here he kept asking you sure it's still ok. Had to explan to him how if it was going to be a problem he would have been wet.

you said it.

soon. please, let it be done. damn i hate moving. but on the bright side of life. i know have a very well lit man cave. you can see the glow from almost a block away.

Well see. the corals still haven't made up there minds about whether their happy or not.

Last night had to rebiuld the scape. Between robi the mover & spot the jawfish, things had shifted just enough that it was making me nervious.

92 & wads would be the closest cross streets. In the apartments with the big fountain that turn into an ice tower come winter. behind homedepot, and such on 88th. Elite, the fish shop were I picked up the jaw & helfrick, just opened up over by the taco bell and subway/

The lakeabor golf course. I'm like two blocks away. I can see this being very bad. :lol: I'm like 30/40 min away from both Morrison & elderodo cannon. Which is simply awesome. It's been warm to boulder for about a month, except for the blasted rain. Best part bout climbing in morrison are the margaritas after.

Oh & the homebrew shop is like ten blocks or so down by stanley lake. :)

So today's funny is. There are 40 some boxes & in one of them is the box cutter.

First let me say thank you too all those who helped in figuring out how to go about the lighting. With an extra large thank you to weets for all her input. After having run just a simple 40watt pc bulb all these years, the t5's are mind blowing. I'm beginning to think the lps may need some sun block. It makes me giggle though, thinkin about how the ice caps would be compared to the tek. Wonder if some day I could retrofit the icecap's into the tek. I still can't belive how blue the blue+ are or how they make the corals glow.

I'm so glad you're happy with them! :happy:

Yeah, T5HO is stronger than a lot of ppl realize.

I personally think Icecaps should only be used on extra deep tanks or SPS dominant tanks, I think they overpower other stuff.

I love them, but can see why evey one has so much fun playing with bulb combos. It would be very easy to be lost in the quest for that perfect mix.

I love them, but can see why evey one has so much fun playing with bulb combos. It would be very easy to be lost in the quest for that perfect mix.

Hoo yeah, I'm still on that quest. :rolleyes:

So I come home tonight to have a beer & watch the tank for a few before lights out. When I get to see who finds the lid first. Complet with a large thunk, Its the clown. No wonder their stupid, its the brain damage, as Mr Cosby would say.

Lol @ Mr. Cosby and the Brain Damage!!!

That brings back memories.

My new Orange Skunk Clown just jumped the wall into the sump yesterday.

I was totally freaked out about not being able to find it in the Display yesterday, esp since it had just started hosting my Red Goniopora the night before.

Hubby saw my distress and very kindly looked all over and found it in the sump.

I'm amused because the lid's for the other guys. Just didn't expect the clowns to be so freaked out by the new tank/lights.

Archived