Innovative Marine Aquariums

JP's Standard Issue Tank thread

bitts

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply
animalmaster6

I skimmed the first link.

I think I have the skimmer covered with the tub.

I am NOT reading all those on the 2nd one :P

Thanks for the third link.

I've actually been on Reef keeping Mag every day for the past link looking at Ronald Shimek links and all sorts of others, I found that after 2008 ReefKeeping did not have much useful info. It wasn't very good.

The things I've been studying up lately is hitchhikers and microfauna. I read a link where someone said to in a few months dump a bunch of pods into the tank. It also mentiod the importance of Detritivores. Now I'm planning on getting micro brittle stars from Reef Scavenger.

I am NOT reading all those on the 2nd one :P

but you must it must happen NOW

Thanks for the third link.

welcome

I've actually been on Reef keeping Mag every day for the past link looking at Ronald Shimek links and all sorts of others, I found that after 2008 ReefKeeping did not have much useful info. It wasn't very good.

The things I've been studying up lately is hitchhikers and microfauna. I read a link where someone said to in a few months dump a bunch of pods into the tank. It also mentiod the importance of Detritivores. Now I'm planning on getting micro brittle stars from Reef Scavenger.

awesome keep reading, doing the pod thing is a great idea. and yeah they did kinda go south didnt they.

on an other note. pics

CIMG8486.JPG

started the display fuge.will also count as the would be contest tank. it will give me some were to finally put the shrimp.

you know i could do a test to see if that frankenstine exo could work. mmmm.........

Why did they stop making them?

I'm assuming that your asking about the exo, though not sure. Remember that exo with the built in closed loop. I've got a spare ten that I could cut up & experiment on

Oc. Not sure how much you've missed really but good to see ya.

animalmaster6
I'm assuming that your asking about the exo, though not sure. Remember that exo with the built in closed loop. I've got a spare ten that I could cut up & experiment on

Meant RK Mag :P

Thought rk was online only. Never knew they had a paper one.

Oc, I'm Tricky that way. :P

animalmaster6

Don't do that!!!!!!

They need to have the rocks!

They sleep under them and sit in the sand!

omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

Yeah. I know they like wedge them selfs into the tightest hole they can. Then form some kind of a mucas sack or some thing.

I was thinking more that I wanted him to come out & eat. Which he did this evning so all is well. Well not if you ask the helfrick or clowns but he's eating so at leasts that's taken care of.

So since im up in the middle of the night I check the tank & bleep there's something that looks like a spider in there. Grab the flash light still I can barely make it out but yeah there's a damn crab of some kind. :rant: I'm never goning to get it out :rant: some bugs just need squished & I can't get to this one. :rant:

Still I wonder when it came in the rock is all 4-5 years old, & I haven't bought a crab into the tank for 3+ years. Defiantly Not since the emerald caught my first helfrick. I'd say the last crab I put in was over 3 summers ago so were the bleep did this guy come from. Is he really 4-5 years old.

Well there apparently a hole that the bugger has been using. Has the same fuzzy legs as the emerald did & I've seen its claw. So I'm at least not to worried about it being something other than a crab. With having already been in the tank for so long I should relax right but still I want to squish the blasted thing. Wow I really have an issue with crabs, apparently.

Archived