got2envy's 40g long macroalgae " Welcome To The Jungle" tank

got2envy

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is clearing up :ninja:

I am gonna put my tank on da pill :mellow::lol:

:haha:

Well if thats one of the only flaws of a planted tank them I think we're going to be fine lol.

:lol:

Moo was like....this is some bull chit...I can't see <_<

Well it has pretty much cleared up, no deaths...all the corals stayed open thru the whole ordeal.

I am sure I will start seeing taxilfolia spring up in odd places :blink:

Pix after the Asexuality :mellow:

I never did change the filter floss or carbon -_-

first a pic of moo doing what he does best...eat

P1010002-64.jpg

lol look at moo up in the corner tearin' up a krill on a stick :lol:

P1010007-50.jpg

P1010010-44.jpg

P1010013-34.jpg

this red feather is growing great...I will be able to sell some frags soon

P1010015-34.jpg

the hawt mess on the right side of the tank

P1010011-34.jpg

nice and clear again, it cleared up on it's own

P1010001-69.jpg

M

Thanks Roger :happy: Thanks for stopping on in!

Haven't heard from you in a while...I pictured you snorkeling or diving somewhere now that the weather is nice :) with a Margarita in hand lol

AWESOME!!!

:wub:

Very nice "jungle" and cowfish. B)

Thanks guys <3

It is a jungle! I have some of the jungle trimmings sold so it will be clear again for like....a week haha

Thanks Roger :happy: Thanks for stopping on in!

Haven't heard from you in a while...I pictured you snorkeling or diving somewhere now that the weather is nice :) with a Margarita in hand lol

Ohhh, you're good Maria. We just got back from Dallas visiting my brother, and went to the Jimmy Buffett concert! Going diving at the jetties tomorrow to check my equipment for bugs, as this coming Tuesday we're leaving for Tavernier Key, staying with Cramer's Caribbean Critters and do some collecting, diving and snorkeling. And drink a margarita or two in Key West at maybe Sloppy Joe's or Cap'n Tony's.

This is the power of MOO.

All hail the MOO.

No tank can fail under the protection of MOO.

Moohaaaaaa.....

All hail the MOO.

Ohhh, you're good Maria. We just got back from Dallas visiting my brother, and went to the Jimmy Buffett concert! Going diving at the jetties tomorrow to check my equipment for bugs, as this coming Tuesday we're leaving for Tavernier Key, staying with Cramer's Caribbean Critters and do some collecting, diving and snorkeling. And drink a margarita or two in Key West at maybe Sloppy Joe's or Cap'n Tony's.

Oh! I <3 Jimmy Buffet B)

saw him in concert a few years back and did an opening concert for the Miami Dolphins last season when the stadium was called Landshark Stadium...mmmm Landshark beer :P but I would settle for a margarita in Margaritaville ;)

Hope ya have some fun and collect some cool shtuffs! keep an eye out for me for cool macros :lol:

Have fun grindin' yo' feet in the sand!!

This tank is beautiful even when its cloudy ..Im glad everything survived

Thanks! I had no worries at all ;) I don't know where the "Asexual tank crash" thing started but I have had 2 different types of macro go Asexual and everything is fine...I didn't even do a waterchange :mellow:

It would be more of a worry if you don't want that particular macro in your tank and it went Asexual....

This is the power of MOO.

All hail the MOO.

No tank can fail under the protection of MOO.

Moohaaaaaa.....

All hail the MOO.

:lol::bowdown:

Thanks for looking!

• 3 weeks later...

OK here are my rare macros from John at reefcleaners <3..I got 5 bags but I think 2 were nemastoma,..I have my fingers crossed that they make it fingerscrossed I'll kick a pod for real if gets to the nemastoma <_<

not sure what dis is

P1010004.jpg

or this

P1010002.jpg

:wub:

P1010001-1.jpg

johnmaloney

haha...that basille has threads everywhere these days,..

cool guy, I gave him a hard time once but he is pretty cool. used to be on nr.

haven't heard of either of those, my guess is they are in the Pacific i\or in temperate waters?

I updated my thread but wanted to post here too...

The 2nd pic, the sciania, wont make it, pull it. Wont harm the tank, so no need to rush, but it is something to do before the branches break apart.

oh for your ids maria:

1 titanophora encrustans, I used to mark this as Halymenia duchasignea or however you spell it, but I checked another book that I received after my initial id and Haly d. seems to be incorrect. It is marked as titanophora enrcustans, and that seems about right to me. I am worried now though...I have used that book quite often! lol....oh man do I feel dumb.

2. sciania

3. sebdenia species I think, you can tell between them and the almost exact looking halymenia elongata by where they branches split...I am thinking yours is the sebdenia. the haly. e. would split from the main fork into multiple branches, whereas the sebdenia just divides evenly as it works its way up from the holdfast...that is each branch splits only once from the fork, and no branches, (other than those created by the fork) come up from the main axis. ( So sebdenia only splits into forks, and halymenia elongata will fork, and then branches will arise from that fork). That is the way to tell them apart, so a full shot of the algae is needed, but yours seems to be the sebdenia...

I think I said that correctly....

Wow! thanks John! I hope u can get me more Sciania :( that ones pretty cool looking :happy:

That is a cool database Weets!

Archived