Coral Vue Hydros

Fluval Edge Tank Thread

fcruz420

Thanks for your help on this guys, there are a few of us thinking about the same filter conversion and ways to work in the heater. I know it's early morning for you guys over there so we really do appreciate it.

I may even drag a few ppl back with me later, now I need ciggies :o so back laters and thanks again.

no, unfortunately the AC30 will not fit without cutting the protruding plastic tabs inside the back column.

hey senoufo you said you painted your hood black? what exactly did you use and it was so it wont get rusty right?

Hey Classic!

i painted the grill black ( krylon antirust ) and the MDF foot i crafted. I left the rest the burnt orange standard color.

yup painted so it would be protected.

Anyone know if Fluval Edge replacement parts are available?

I decided to see how far I could go with the stock stock swing arm arrangement: adding 2 20w LED bulbs :huh: . Bad move, completely fried my lighting fixtures..

I guess I could try and rig up a new lighting system to replacement the existing one, but I'd prefer to just go back to the stock set-up and buy a couple MR11's. Any suggestions? ideas?

Anyone know if Fluval Edge replacement parts are available?

I decided to see how far I could go with the stock stock swing arm arrangement: adding 2 20w LED bulbs :huh: . Bad move, completely fried my lighting fixtures..

I guess I could try and rig up a new lighting system to replacement the existing one, but I'd prefer to just go back to the stock set-up and buy a couple MR11's. Any suggestions? ideas?

where did you get 20watt mr11/16 leds????? link please :)

did you melt the sockets? the powersupply is 12v ac so if the sockets are still good just buy a 12v.ac PS online for $15 you could get one that is rated for more watts

Almost: The bulbs I used were the Bulbrite bi-pin MR16's, you can pick them up at Walmart. When I put them in it completely fried the sockets. Should of read that the edge was only rated for 20 W max, let alone 2 20w bulbs, duh. Anyone ever change the sockets on an Edge? I don't have any idea were I would even get started or find them.

Edited by drs0182
ok here it is, not completely the way I want it, but it works. still need to add the float valve and fuge, but I have all on paper. now to put it to use.

I did have to place 3 pieces of acrylic under the box to make it sit higher in the water

That's awesome. I just happen to have a cpr overflow sitting under my quarantine tank. I was going to trade it for a frag.

Almost: The bulbs I used were the Bulbrite bi-pin MR16's, you can pick them up at Walmart. When I put them in it completely fried the sockets. Should of read that the edge was only rated for 20 W max, let alone 2 20w bulbs, duh. Anyone ever change the sockets on an Edge? I don't have any idea were I would even get started or find them.

Hello drs0182,

I used these:

(from my thread)

2 Bulbs http://www.ledwholesalers.com/store/index....p;productId=198

2 Sockets http://www.ledwholesalers.com/store/index....p;productId=200

The bulbs are $30 each, and the sockets are $.25 each and I think it came out to about $68 with shipping.

Good luck!

danielle

Hermits.

how many for the fluval... what do you all have as CUC succesfully in u r fluval? i know hermits can throw down your corals if there is too many...

how many and what kind of hermits, snails, sea stars, brittle starts, sea urchins, shrimps do you have?

what snails can you recommend?

Edited by classic

im sure this has ben asked before but im having TONS of bubbles getting stuck under the top glass. i cant sweep them off every 2 hours lol. what am i doing wrong ? my water level is almost to the rim cant go any higher.

what are you running for your filter?

im sure this has ben asked before but im having TONS of bubbles getting stuck under the top glass. i cant sweep them off every 2 hours lol. what am i doing wrong ? my water level is almost to the rim cant go any higher.

stock ac20 with carbon and cut-to-fit filter pad.

anyone put a overflow/sump on a fluval edge? i may try it.. cuz waterchanges are not keeping up with my bio-load as well as i like.

stock ac20 with carbon and cut-to-fit filter pad.

anyone put a overflow/sump on a fluval edge? i may try it.. cuz waterchanges are not keeping up with my bio-load as well as i like.

Make sure the water level in the tank is high enough, sounds basic but this is the largest cause of the issue your having. Next try lowing the output of the AC20.(slow it down). I haven't had any issues with it once you've got it set right.

As for a sump, I'm in the process of designing a setup as it type. I've just broken down my Edge and am preparing to do a full fugue setup. I'll start post in picks once the tank has been cleaned.

Cheers

hey riley,

looking forward to see this. you want to do a fuge out of the ac20?

Have done it already, this is going to be a 17x17x17 cube fuge mounted under the table that the Edge is on. It will make things way more stable and let me stock it more.